• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowman update??

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a question of if he'll return or not; it's a question of whether he'll return to greatness and justify that huge contract.

By the way, it's been a couple of months and nobody is yet to have named a player who returned to greatness after tearing both the ACL and the MCL. I'm not saying it's never happened; I just don't know of an instance. I'd feel much better if I did.

After that type of injury a player can return within 6-9 months...And usually 2 years to get back to pre-injury form...But who knows, every player is different....Adrian Peterson tore his ACL in December 2011 and came back the next season and ran for close to 2,100 yards and he's a fricken RB!!!!...So don't count Navorro out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Adrian Peterson tore his ACL in December 2011 and came back the next season and ran for close to 2,100 yards and he's a fricken RB!!!!...So don't count Navorro out.

Lots of players have returned to greatness after an ACL tear. I'm talking about a tear so bad it tears both the ACL AND the MCL.

Manningham was actually a decent WR before that injury. Scott McKillop was a promising prospect, but that injury ended his career. ENDED HIS CAREER!

Some recent ones: Gronk, Marurkice Pouncey, Jake Long[, Dustin Keller,.

I know Barron Davis had the same injury too.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of players have returned to greatness after an ACL tear. I'm talking about a tear so bad it tears both the ACL AND the MCL.

Manningham was actually a decent WR before that injury. Scott McKillop was a promising prospect, but that injury ended his career. ENDED HIS CAREER!

I know Barron Davis had the same injury too.

The MCL does not require surgery, it heals on its own...I just read a column where a sports orthopedic surgeon was interviewed about Bowman's injury, surgery, and prognosis..He said that with James Andrews operating on him, Bowman should be "good to go" and that these types of surgeries nowadays are very "routine."....He thinks Bowman can come back and perform well this season at some point and get back to his pre-injury form the following season...Bowman will have a longer recovery time than Crabtree did last year. Crab tore his Achilles in May and 6 months later he was back catching passes, and I expect Crab to be back to pre-injury form next year. So yes, Bowman can come back and be a good player this year and then take off again the following year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if he returns by mid season, unfortunately he's not going to be the same Bowman we got so spoiled in seeing in 2013. He may be back to his old form by 2015-16 season God willing.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Baron Davis (fixed) had the same injury too.

Peterson tore his ACL & MCL
Adrian Peterson has torn ACL, MCL

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Well.. I guess thats a plus.

my only thought is that he definitely did not seem like the same player this year(ironic as that seems)
I wonder if he somewhat overdid it the first "recovery" year.

I hope that Bowman by all means takes it easy and ensures as close to a complete recovery as possible

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep in mind Manningham missed half the season too after the same injury, and when he came back he was useless.

Bowman is making around 9 million a season. After an injury like that I'd be more comfortable if the team simply cut him & signed someone else. He might have trade value, but maybe not. I just don't know of a player who's ever torn both his ACL & MCL on the same play & came back to greatness. Has there been?

I'd say the same thing about any player on the team. We are only talking about human beings here.

Wow, you are quite cold blooded. You speak as if the money is coming out of your pocket. Let me reiterate that this isn't franchise mode in Madden.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow, you are quite cold blooded. You speak as if the money is coming out of your pocket. Let me reiterate that this isn't franchise mode in Madden.

More stupid statements followed by "this isn't Madden." :rolleyes2:

Because nobody with injury problems ever gets cut in the real life right? Sidney Rice to be released by Seattle Seahawks - ESPN

Bowman's injury has been career-ending for players before him, so it's a legitimate concern. We all know you're butt hurt because I called the love of your life "football-retarded." Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude isn't even 26 yet, cutting him now would be insane. Lets see what happens with his recovery first.

You're jumping the shark here Sick

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The dude isn't even 26 yet, cutting him now would be insane. Lets see what happens with his recovery first.

You're jumping the shark here Sick

I wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't make almost 10 million a year.

Someone pointed out that Adrian Petserson had an ACL and MCL tear like Bowman did. I think Bowman's injury was probably worse, but it did make me feel better about the prospects of him returning to greatness.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't make almost 10 million a year.

Someone pointed out that Adrian Petserson had an ACL and MCL tear like Bowman did. I think Bowman's injury was probably worse, but it did make me feel better about the prospects of him returning to greatness.

From what I understand the MCL damage was minor and didn't require surgery so there isn't anything to suggest he won't be able to bounce back strong from it at the moment.

NaVorro Bowman injury: A look at why his post surgical ACL/MCL prognosis is excellent - Niners Nation

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep in mind Manningham missed half the season too after the same injury, and when he came back he was useless.

Bowman is making around 9 million a season. After an injury like that I'd be more comfortable if the team simply cut him & signed someone else. He might have trade value, but maybe not. I just don't know of a player who's ever torn both his ACL & MCL on the same play & came back to greatness. Has there been?

I'd say the same thing about any player on the team. We are only talking about human beings here.

Just wanted to point out this callous statement to those that may have missed it. Hopefully everyone takes this into account when they read his future posts. In the end we're all fans of our team.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just wanted to point out this callous statement to those that may have missed it. Hopefully everyone takes this into account when they read his future posts. In the end we're all fans of our team.

So you believe in a more touchy-feely style of making personnel moves right?

A general manager should be callous. If he feels loyal to any one player he's an idiot. You do what's best for the team; you don't do what's "nice." Bowman's a millionaire. It's not like he'd be out on the street.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you believe in a more touchy-feely style of making personnel moves right?

A general manager should be callous. If he feels loyal to any one player he's an idiot. You do what's best for the team; you don't do what's "nice." Bowman's a millionaire. It's not like he'd be out on the street.

I'm not afraid to admit that I am a fan first and foremost. I understand that difficult decisions have to be made because it's a business, but cutting Bowman because he's injured? That's a crock of shit. The value of a player goes way beyond the football field. The Niners are an attractive brand/destination because they are very professional in how they treat their fans and employees. To be as ruthless as you are suggesting will lower the bottom line. The Niners took some chances on Lattimore and Tank, yet you think they should cut Bowman for similar injuries? At least use some sense before you make such statements. I agree, being loyal can be a bad thing. But being disloyal is even worse. I'll go with the lesser of two evils. If used correctly, loyalty has much more value in the long run. Bowman or Gore are cases where loyalty will help. Carlos Rogers or Goodwin, not so much. Each situation has to be treated independently.

You keep bringing up how rich these guys are. So what? Everyone knows sports is all about rich people working with other rich people to create a product for us lowly folk to enjoy. That's just an easy way for you to make it sound like they deserve what's coming to them. And it's an easy way for you to portray me as someone who cares for rich people. Maybe I do pander to the rich athletes and get all touchy-feely about them. But, I can say that you pander to the even richer people who run the business. You'll gladly lick Roger Goodell's ass if you had the chance.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But remember how Manningham reacted to his injury, throwing the ball down and fumbling while screaming like a bitch. Bowman, on the other hand, despite his horrendous injury, held on to the ball all the way through the play. If for nothing other than that element of extreme toughness he deserves a second opportunity with the 49ers with their full support.