• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Swag

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not only does the boys get screwed in the bowl selection; they get screwed with crappy swag.

2010 Bowl gifts to participants

Insight gets a Sony Gift Suite (it's a room that has sony stuff and the players go pick out what they want, somewhere around $300.00) and it gets sent to them.

Holiday gets a Best Buy Gift Card.....

The Alamo gets an Xbox with Kinect...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would take the best buy gift card over everything else

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true then the best deal was definitely the Holiday Bowl. X Box w/ kinect is about 400 bucks at best buy no?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true then the best deal was definitely the Holiday Bowl. X Box w/ kinect is about 400 bucks at best buy no?

Yes. Not only that, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't use that gift card towards a flat screen tv or something else. You would have such a huge selection with a $400 gift card at Best Buy

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they said 450 on the radio earlier, but i wasn't listening very closely.. either way, I'm sure it's enough money

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holiday Bowl is on the lower end of the bowl prizes according to news reports. I was assuming the $300.00 but it sounds like it's a bunch more than that.

It depends on the xbox but I know the last time we were in the Alamo; the huskers got the xbox and it was a bundle, which had multiple controllers, games, and the biggest memory. I was going to buy it from Randy Jordan but he wanted retail price for it....

So; the Alamo is one of the better ones along with Insight. Best Buy card does sound good to me as well but I'm not playing.

from Seattle paper:

Don't let the coaches fool you. The best part about the Washington Huskies and Nebraska Cornhuskers invitation to the Holiday Bowl is not the extra practice time or the prestige of a bowl game; it's the gifts the players and coaches receive. And at the Holiday Bowl this year, the collection of swag is decent, but not spectacular.

According to The Sports Journal, players from Washington and Nebraska will receive: A Best Buy gift card (amount not specified), a Fossil Watch and a hooded sweatshirt and cap combination, presumably with the logo of the 2010 Holiday Bowl sponsor, Bridgeport Education. The Best Buy gift card is probably the gift that elicits the most excitement, but it still ranks on the lower-end of bowl gifts.