• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottom 10

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't Chiefs fans saying this very thing last year already dubbing themselves AFC West Champs? I would think most Chiefs fans would now want to play a wait and see game instead of once again making outlandish predictions then ending up with egg on their face. I mean you have to remember Alex Smith is your quarterback. His own coach has been trying to get rid of him since he got there. That should signify something to you of how good/bad he is as a player.

The Chiefs have talent on their roster no denying that but until that actually produces on the field I would think playing the wait and see game would be best for everybody. Kind of like many have been saying that the Ravens are the best until proven otherwise since they are Superbowl Champs maybe it should be the same with the Chiefs of they are worst in the NFL until proven otherwise.

ah, invoking last year. that'll score some points. it's cool, YOU can think they'll be a bottom feeder. free country. but with the upgrades i see i'm thinking they'll be a HELLUVA lot better than last season. hell, having upgrades at head coach and QB alone is a big step in the right direction imo...

btw, saying they won't be bottom 10 is hardly an "outlandish prediction". it isn't like i said they'd win the Super bowl...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, invoking last year. that'll score some points. it's cool, YOU can think they'll be a bottom feeder. free country. but with the upgrades i see i'm thinking they'll be a HELLUVA lot better than last season. hell, having upgrades at head coach and QB alone is a big step in the right direction imo...

btw, saying they won't be bottom 10 is hardly an "outlandish prediction". it isn't like i said they'd win the Super bowl...

You did predict 10-6 though which most likely gets them in the playoffs. Usually to go from 1st pick in the draft to playoff team you need a franchise quarterback and well I don't think many would call Alex Smith that. Now you say upgrade but can you really say that with confidence? Andy Reid just had a team dubbed the "Dream Team" in Philly that was full of pro bowl talent yet had a losing season. I'm not saying Crennel was a great coach by any means but when he was hired most Chiefs fans were pretty excited and thought he was going to do a great job. Obviously that did not happen. Alex Smith was good the last couple of years but again he was surrounded by pro bowl talent and the coaches took the ball out of his hands for the most part and limited his ability to make mistakes. Now that he is expected to be the leader and going to a pass happy coach can he really do well? The answer right now is nobody knows obviously. I will say though that Cassel before he came to the Chiefs had a great year and was top 10 in quarterback rating.

Now I am not saying that the Chiefs can't have a good bounce back year I would just think after a year in which many were calling them a playoff caliber team and then to watch them fall flat on their face some might want to push on the breaks this year before making the same predictions again this year. Do I think the Chiefs could finish middle of the pack this season? Sure I do. Can I see them once again having a losing season? Of course. The Chiefs are a bit of a wild card team since they do have a new coach and new quarterback.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did predict 10-6 though which most likely gets them in the playoffs.
i ACTUALLY said 8-8 to 10-6. if you're gonna quote me DO get it right, please...

Usually to go from 1st pick in the draft to playoff team you need a franchise quarterback and well I don't think many would call Alex Smith that.

didn't say THAT, either. but if you're saying Smith ISN'T an upgrade over Cassel you need to watch the games closer...

Now you say upgrade but can you really say that with confidence?

OBVIOUSLY! you DO remember our last 2 coaches, right...?

Andy Reid just had a team dubbed the "Dream Team" in Philly that was full of pro bowl talent yet had a losing season. I'm not saying Crennel was a great coach by any means but when he was hired most Chiefs fans were pretty excited and thought he was going to do a great job. Obviously that did not happen. Alex Smith was good the last couple of years but again he was surrounded by pro bowl talent and the coaches took the ball out of his hands for the most part and limited his ability to make mistakes. Now that he is expected to be the leader and going to a pass happy coach can he really do well? The answer right now is nobody knows obviously. I will say though that Cassel before he came to the Chiefs had a great year and was top 10 in quarterback rating.

gotta have the right pieces and i think they do. just sayin'...

Now I am not saying that the Chiefs can't have a good bounce back year I would just think after a year in which many were calling them a playoff caliber team and then to watch them fall flat on their face some might want to push on the breaks this year before making the same predictions again this year. Do I think the Chiefs could finish middle of the pack this season? Sure I do. Can I see them once again having a losing season? Of course. The Chiefs are a bit of a wild card team since they do have a new coach and new quarterback.

well, considering we're coming off a 2-14 season I'M saying huge difference. and that'll be my mindset until i see otherwise. it is what it is...

bottom line, i simply disagree they'll be a "bottom 10 team". we can CERTAINLY re-visit this about week 6 or so...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, considering we're coming off a 2-14 season I'M saying huge difference. and that'll be my mindset until i see otherwise. it is what it is...

bottom line, i simply disagree they'll be a "bottom 10 team". we can CERTAINLY re-visit this about week 6 or so...

I apologize for not including your whole quote. Obviously though if you put 10-6 you believe they have the ability to be a playoff team. Now given any team can be a playoff team on any given year (unless your the Raiders...if they make the playoffs this year I will eat my own right shoe), I just think the Chiefs with so many new moving pieces on offense and defense will need a year to adjust. Most players will tell you that for a new system it takes at least a year to get to the point that you are more acting on instinct than just having to think through a play step by step. I just think the Chiefs are a year away from being that competitive team that is in every game and wins a couple of those hard ones that make all the difference from maybe being 6-10 to maybe even all the way up to 10-6.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chiefs are a bottom ten team. They have minimal talent on both sides of the ball and a mediocre coach.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I seen Geno looked out of shape at camp

Brian Baldinger said that but no other reporter agrees with it. Everyone else is saying how impressive Geno has been.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chiefs are a bottom ten team. They have minimal talent on both sides of the ball and a mediocre coach.

6 pro bowlers right?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man, our defense is going to be nasty. Offensively we could be better than expected. Marty Mornhinweg is a major upgrade over Sparano. And Geno Smith so far has looked better than people expected, hes picking up things fast and could prove to be a good QB.

I think this team will be better than last years 6-10 team.

How will that D be nasty? You have a pretty good D line. You have no pass rushers and your CB's are meh. Who are your safeties even?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at minimal talent. They have one of the better O-Lines in the league, easily the best in their division. Charles, Bowe, 3 talented TE's. They on defense they have Hali, Houston, Johnson, Flowers, Dunta Robinson, Sean Smith, Eric Berry. Minimal talent, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have short memories, the Chiefs were the sexy pick last year to do great then they had a ton of injuries. If they stay healthy we could be looking at a 10 win team (although 7-9 is much more likely). That AFC west is kind of a joke outside the broncos.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the hate. Love being underdogs. I have a feeling my Jets will be better than expected.

It has nothing to do with talent. The team will start Smith and if Smith has not won the team over by Week 1 it will rip the team apart. But they cannot start Sanchez, that would waste an entire season. I do not think Smith will be able to win this team over (making every starter think he is the best QB for the 2013 season). I think the Jets for 2013 are in a catch 22. If they had more time before the season then this probably would not be a problem. Sanchez is the type of player that will always play better in practice, he will always make the coaches feel he knows more and can win now. Unless he stinks it up and the players abandon him this will be a problem in 2013. At least IMO.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning the Chiefs Does anyone remember the 2010 49ers record? A coach can do wonders for a team.

The Chiefs have a nice easy schedule.

At Jacksonville
Dallas
At Philadelphia
NYGiants
At Tennessee
Oakland
Houston
Cleveland
At Buffalo
BYE
At Denver
San Diego
Denver
At Washington
At Oakland
Indianapolis
At San Diego

Cant see them finishing worse than 7-9. Though I dont see more than 9 wins either. All their tough games are at home.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning the Chiefs Does anyone remember the 2010 49ers record? A coach can do wonders for a team.

At Jacksonville
Dallas
At Philadelphia
NYGiants
At Tennessee
Oakland
Houston
Cleveland
At Buffalo
BYE
At Denver
San Diego
Denver
At Washington
At Oakland
Indianapolis
At San Diego

Cant see them finishing worse than 7-9. Though I dont see more than 9 wins either. All their tough games are at home.

To me it all depends on a few things. The first and probably most important is how does Alex Smith function in a more pass happy offense than what he has played in. The second is can they stay healthy? This team has some talent but depth wise look pretty weak at most positions. The third is how well will the defense actually do. They have talent on that side of the ball but talent does not always mean success. They have a guy at Defensive Coordinator who has never actually been one before and is getting his first crack at it. Reid is not exactly known for hiring the best Defensive Coordinators lately so did he finally get it right?

Looking at that schedule they play 5 games against playoff teams from last year. 3 of the games are at home so maybe they can win one of those. My guess is the two road games will be tough to win against that caliber of teams (now I know any given Sunday). Now having the tough games at home is nice but also that means the winnable games are made that much harder being on the road. I would say the Tennessee, NY Giants, Philly, Dallas, Cleveland, and @Buffalo (for some reason Chiefs always have trouble with Buffalo). Those games are pretty much toss ups at this time. Division games are always tough but I see them losing both to the Broncos, one to the Chargers, and winning both against the Raiders.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At Jacksonville
Dallas
At Philadelphia
NYGiants
At Tennessee
Oakland
Houston
Cleveland
At Buffalo
BYE
At Denver
San Diego
Denver
At Washington
At Oakland
Indianapolis
At San Diego

:10:

agreed. the Chiefs get to start the season off with the Jags, the Cowboys, and the Eagles...ALL winnable games before they get their stiffest test against the Giants. i figure if they start 2-2 or 3-1 they're already ahead of the curve considering last season...

most NFL coaches go by quarters(of the season), so of course it'll be easier to kind of give them a gauge at that time...

i personally think 10 is possible, but 7-9 or 8-8 wouldn't suprise me one bit...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it all depends on a few things. The first and probably most important is how does Alex Smith function in a more pass happy offense than what he has played in. The second is can they stay healthy? This team has some talent but depth wise look pretty weak at most positions. The third is how well will the defense actually do. They have talent on that side of the ball but talent does not always mean success. They have a guy at Defensive Coordinator who has never actually been one before and is getting his first crack at it. Reid is not exactly known for hiring the best Defensive Coordinators lately so did he finally get it right?

Looking at that schedule they play 5 games against playoff teams from last year. 3 of the games are at home so maybe they can win one of those. My guess is the two road games will be tough to win against that caliber of teams (now I know any given Sunday). Now having the tough games at home is nice but also that means the winnable games are made that much harder being on the road. I would say the Tennessee, NY Giants, Philly, Dallas, Cleveland, and @Buffalo (for some reason Chiefs always have trouble with Buffalo). Those games are pretty much toss ups at this time. Division games are always tough but I see them losing both to the Broncos, one to the Chargers, and winning both against the Raiders.

Hard to argue with what you said. A fast start is needed though. IMO the Chiefs got to be 6-3, at least heading into those last 7 games. Those last 7 games are going to be tough.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The metrics say that the Chiefs were too bad last year to expect a major turnaround but the caveat to those metrics is that a good QB changes everything. The metrics would point to the Chargers being the bounceback team and not the Chiefs.

But again...dat eyeball test on the rosters....

I could see the Chiefs and Chargers both around .500

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with what you said. A fast start is needed though. IMO the Chiefs got to be 6-3, at least heading into those last 7 games. Those last 7 games are going to be tough.

Yeah I would say about the only game I would feel comfortable saying the Chiefs are the easy favorite would be the Oakland game. I honestly have no idea how the Chargers are going to do this year. They are somewhat in the same boat as the Chiefs with a new coach and a lot of new players in they could turn it around very quickly or they could fall flat on their face as well. If they are actually at least middle of the pack I would say the Chiefs are in a bit of trouble then against them. Plus throw in 4 of the 7 games are on the road and it definitely means the Chiefs need to start hot.

My guess is they will take care of business with Jacksonville although it being the early game always seems to cause teams coming East a bit of trouble. Dallas who knows what they will be this year. Philly has some talent it is just a matter of whether Chip Kelly is the real deal and which Michael Vick the team gets. Giants if they have JPP back by then should be a tough win. Tennessee is my sleeper team this year to do good. They got two really good guards now for that OL to help Chris Johnson have a big year.

Like I said earlier the Chiefs are probably going to have a few close games this year that could go either way. Depending how they do in those games will go a very long way in determining how they finish up the year. My guess is they are still a year away from being dangerous.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The metrics say that the Chiefs were too bad last year to expect a major turnaround but the caveat to those metrics is that a good QB changes everything. The metrics would point to the Chargers being the bounceback team and not the Chiefs.

But again...dat eyeball test on the rosters....

I could see the Chiefs and Chargers both around .500

same thing they said on ESPN a little while ago. consensus for most seems to be 8-8 or 9-7. we'll see soon enough...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing they said on ESPN a little while ago. consensus for most seems to be 8-8 or 9-7. we'll see soon enough...
My guess: Alex Smith gets injured and Chase Daniel leads them on a miraculous run to the Super Bowl.