• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston's Brock Holt going crazy

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid was a throw in when the Sox acquired Joel Hanrahan from the Pirates.

He's basically a back-up infielder, and was pressed into action with injuies to Middlebrooks, Napoli, Victorino, etc. He played his first ML games at first and outfield a couple weekg ago... Since he's been paying regularly, he is hitting off-the-charts (.338/.378/.464) - forcing the Red Sox to play him everyday... So, last night, they needed a CF.... And here is what happens:

holt_xy9dlyur.gif

Notice where he is standing when the play begins... (Please ignore Gomes ineptness)..

Seriously, WTF!

Brock Holt makes an absurd catch in left. While playing center. - Over the Monster

Legend of Brock Holt continues to grow with this amazing out-of-nowhere catch | MLB.com

Video | redsox.com

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was intrigued when I saw he was part of the Hanrahan trade. Hanrahan was a flop, but Holt's done pretty well so far. The average is held up by an unsustainable BABIP (.410), but I think he'll be a nice super utility guy for the Sox.

If only he could play some catcher...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Holt coming up through our system, but we simply didn't have a place for him. I'm glad he's getting a chance and making the most of it in Boston.