• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bossman and all of you other Sabres nuts...

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pens fans were asked about their second favorite team.

More second-favorite teams

Check out the response from Amy in Pittsburgh. ;)

They're going to win tonight; I can feel it!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that Amy be you, loki? :)

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would that Amy be you, loki? :)

:)

The question was posed a couple days ago by a fan who speculated that the Sabres would probably be most Pens fans' second favorite team.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd answer the same. I know a few Sabres fans here at work and they are just as Amy says...passionate yet not obnoxious.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan, the Sabres are clearly my second favorite. It started when my cousin from Buffalo and I would bet a box of fruit rollups on the Pens/Sabres games in the mid-90's. Then I just found myself keeping up with them.

It didn't hurt that Vanek was on my Yahoo! fantasy hockey team last year. ;)

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me we appreciate the support. When the Sabres lose in the playoffs the suicide hot line calls triple.

All I want before I die is to see a SB or SC championship and then this old boy can rest in peace.

Somehow I have my doubts.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With The Miller, anything is possible.

Sorry about the Bills. ;)

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trust me we appreciate the support. When the Sabres lose in the playoffs the suicide hot line calls triple.

All I want before I die is to see a SB or SC championship and then this old boy can rest in peace.

Somehow I have my doubts.

This is one thing that upsets me about fans of winning teams. There's a sense of entitlement that I don't like. I'm talking about my own fanbase here. Last year's win is what I consider my first Cup win experience considering I don't remember the last two (only a vague sense of excitement around). Bandwagon fans now expect the Pens to make a run every year, and while we are very lucky that we have the opportunity to make such runs, so many things have to go right just to get a chance to play for the Cup, let alone win it. I try to explain to some that we are lucky that we had the experience as many people go their entire lives without seeing their teams win championships.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one thing that upsets me about fans of winning teams. There's a sense of entitlement that I don't like. I'm talking about my own fanbase here. Last year's win is what I consider my first Cup win experience considering I don't remember the last two (only a vague sense of excitement around). Bandwagon fans now expect the Pens to make a run every year, and while we are very lucky that we have the opportunity to make such runs, so many things have to go right just to get a chance to play for the Cup, let alone win it. I try to explain to some that we are lucky that we had the experience as many people go their entire lives without seeing their teams win championships.

Very well put loki. Its a tough run to win a cup and so many factors come into play. The Pens deserved it last year no doubt about that. But your point is well taken some people want to rub in in your face and that's not my style. Then again I've never had the chance to :).

I would just like to feel the victory over the agony of defeat just once. I respect any team that wins a title and hope some day I can feel that feeling.

Again I must say this site is great because of the posters like you and others. I check the old place out and do an occasional post but it's a mess compared to here.

It's safe to say Steve (AKA Boss) is much happier here.

Good luck to your Pens loki.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very well put loki. Its a tough run to win a cup and so many factors come into play. The Pens deserved it last year no doubt about that. But your point is well taken some people want to rub in in your face and that's not my style. Then again I've never had the chance to :).

I would just like to feel the victory over the agony of defeat just once. I respect any team that wins a title and hope some day I can feel that feeling.

Again I must say this site is great because of the posters like you and others. I check the old place out and do an occasional post but it's a mess compared to here.

It's safe to say Steve (AKA Boss) is much happier here.

Good luck to your Pens loki.

Not so much the rubbing it in, but like if we don't win this year, people are going to be all OMG PENS ARE THE SUXORZ!!! They do it with the Steelers when they have an off year. And I just...appreciate the season I get, I guess. Obviously there is frustration and things, but when you have been consistently good, there is no shame in not winning EVERY year.

And thanks Boss. I'll be rooting hard for the Sabres tonight.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the young people you hang with, Loki. Us seasoned vets of Penguins fandom have been through the lean times as well as the mean times. And we appreciate every game we get, even the heartbreaks. :)

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, How come I have only one rep power? I feel shame and must go to the box for two minutes (or less). :-)

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
loki, how is the new job working out?

Same job...just had a little bit of a layoff because I couldn't drive for awhile (today was my first day back). Crap pay. Crap job. But I had about ten students come down today and tell me they missed me, so you take what you get I guess. :)