• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Borderlands II...only a few more weeks

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've dusted off the original and have been playing it. I have no idea if any of you have played it, but worth picking up the first one if you like free-roam co-op games. Those are the only ones I like, I hate games that force you to go this way or that. Maybe this goes back to my days of reading "choose your own adventure" books :)

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played the shit out of the original.

Preordered a 4 pack through Steam a month ago, just wasting time in GW2 until it releases!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than 24 hours until BL2 release!

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been playing every night. Other then the new menu system, it's a winner IMO!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like a crazy ass game. Ill have to check out the demo if they have one.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started this game. It's pretty bad ass. Very comic booky, which is what I like about the graphics. I'm playing as Zero. I'm only level 6 (got it yesterday), but will be playing this a lot in the coming weeks.

dp_broncos

Possibly Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started this game. It's pretty bad ass. Very comic booky, which is what I like about the graphics. I'm playing as Zero. I'm only level 6 (got it yesterday), but will be playing this a lot in the coming weeks.

Enjoy! If you have a friend that you can play with, I recommend it. Makes the game that much more fun.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siren was my go to last game. Maya isn't doing it for me tho. I might go Salvador.

Anybody use zero enough to know if his special is kickass or not?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siren was my go to last game. Maya isn't doing it for me tho. I might go Salvador.

Anybody use zero enough to know if his special is kickass or not?
Siren was my 'go to' last game, as well, and now she is a lot different. I find the best thing to do with her at low levels is to pick up Flicker in the Cata tree and then go down the motion tree while using a 'Fox' class mod and a Fire Weapon of some sort. Apparently in the late game, she gets really easy to use. Once you get enough points to get to Reaper and Ruin, rebuild your character to the Cata tree and then expand back to motion with later points. In general, Maya is probably the most useful character in co-op but probably the weakest character overall...at least the first playthrough.

I'm using Sal in the second game. He is a lot of fun. His Rampage tree is sick and is Gun tree is really, really strong but you pretty much choose one or the other and then build to Brawn.

I actually think that Zero stole a lot of the 'cool' things about Lylyth. That might be who you want to try if the Siren isn't working out for you. If its the damage you are worried about, any of the other characters will be able to do it better at lower levels but with Maya, it gets better eventually from what I hear

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only played a few nights since I'm trying to get through it with my buddy. I have a second character I am playing through by myself as the guy with the turret. Siren was my butt-kicker in BL1, went with the chick on BL2 as well. I really like her phase-lock, but it isn't as good as the phasewalk. The zero guy is worthless. That is what my buddy plays as and the special move just sucks. I think the gunzerker guy might be the best since you get 50% health back when you go into special mode. So far I am really loving the game. The little nuances are taking some getting used to, but coming around to it.

The biggest pain in the rear is driving the car. Why change up the button to get out of the car?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only played a few nights since I'm trying to get through it with my buddy. I have a second character I am playing through by myself as the guy with the turret. Siren was my butt-kicker in BL1, went with the chick on BL2 as well. I really like her phase-lock, but it isn't as good as the phasewalk. The zero guy is worthless. That is what my buddy plays as and the special move just sucks. I think the gunzerker guy might be the best since you get 50% health back when you go into special mode. So far I am really loving the game. The little nuances are taking some getting used to, but coming around to it.

The biggest pain in the rear is driving the car. Why change up the button to get out of the car?
Zero is basically designed for people that like Sniper Rifles or Shotgun/Melee builds. At high levels, I think he is the best character in the game for whatever thats worth.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero is basically designed for people that like Sniper Rifles or Shotgun/Melee builds. At high levels, I think he is the best character in the game for whatever thats worth.

Seems he is the best for people that want to play solo. He doesn't offer hardly anything as far as teamwork is concerned. I guess I could see him being good if you have all three of the other classes as well, but haven't come across many situations where he could sit back and snipe. So far my buddy hasn't even come across any class mods that increase anything for teammates.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he is the best for people that want to play solo. He doesn't offer hardly anything as far as teamwork is concerned. I guess I could see him being good if you have all three of the other classes as well, but haven't come across many situations where he could sit back and snipe. So far my buddy hasn't even come across any class mods that increase anything for teammates.
My current co-op experience is me using Sal and my friend using Zero. Zero isn't the biggest team player but since I draw all of the threat, he gets in with melee quite easily. Since Sal can't zoom when he is in Gunzerker mode, its also really good to have a Sniper watching you. You can also use Zero's ability to sneak in and heal me when im in 'Fight for Life' without being spotted. Zero also has a team 'Crit damage' mod thats helpful in the arenas when part of the mission is killing 25 or 50 enemies with Crit shots. Generally, Zero likes the other mods more and generally my Sal provides a lot more to Zero than the other way around but at later levels, Zero starts killing a LOT more and the two should work very well together.

Siren and Zero are total jank together, btw. I don't recommend that pair at all.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My current co-op experience is me using Sal and my friend using Zero. Zero isn't the biggest team player but since I draw all of the threat, he gets in with melee quite easily. Since Sal can't zoom when he is in Gunzerker mode, its also really good to have a Sniper watching you. You can also use Zero's ability to sneak in and heal me when im in 'Fight for Life' without being spotted. Zero also has a team 'Crit damage' mod thats helpful in the arenas when part of the mission is killing 25 or 50 enemies with Crit shots. Generally, Zero likes the other mods more and generally my Sal provides a lot more to Zero than the other way around but at later levels, Zero starts killing a LOT more and the two should work very well together.

Siren and Zero are total jank together, btw. I don't recommend that pair at all.

Yup, I think I'm going to switch over to my turret guy when he is caught up to where we are in the co-op game. I'd rather have the siren and the turret, but oh well. I want to get to the point I can revive with my phase-lock.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going after Res, I recommend using the ability to shoot at friendly players for health over the ability that gets health from phaselocking because having all of your abilities tied to phaselocking can sometimes compromise your ability to Res

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone play on XBox?

My gamertag is: J3FF SLY

I probably won't be on again until Sunday. However I'll probably be on all day, lol.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamertag: H3yH3y R3VOLV3R

Still using Maya and im getting good with her. She is a great support character as said already. I'm really looking forward to the new character coming out with the DLC. She's a mechromancer and affects the others special ability.