• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Borderlands (2024)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this 90% of the time but Borderlands could totally be done in a 2 hour movie.

First thoughts on casting:

Jack Black as Marcus the crooked businessman and narrator
Kevin Hart as the Villain that talks crap over the radio, leader of a rival group searching for the vault.

Make it a cross between Mad Max and Cannonball Run. It could be done right in a couple of hours.
Kind of like Twisted Metal, but I never played that and I wasn't crazy about the show.

The problem I see is that Borderlands is all about the main mission with dozens of side missions.
There are a lot of interesting characters in those side missions.

Could have had several seasons with Handsome Jack as the overarching villain across all of them.
Each season could have been a mission with a villain.
Each episode could have been a side quest with their own villain to move them towards their main mission.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like Twisted Metal, but I never played that and I wasn't crazy about the show.

The problem I see is that Borderlands is all about the main mission with dozens of side missions.
There are a lot of interesting characters in those side missions.

Could have had several seasons with Handsome Jack as the overarching villain across all of them.
Each season could have been a mission with a villain.
Each episode could have been a side quest with their own villain to move them towards their main mission.
Twisted Metal is insane. Honestly dont think its concept works outside of video games, comics, or anime. I'm reminded a little bit of the anime Redline. Thats about what I would expect from TM.

BL1 is a simple plot. If you do the whole BL thing then it should be a show. It could be done way better than the video game, too. Borderlands wasnt The Last of Us or a Bethesda/Obsidian RPG. It was Diablo with guns. A show couldve made it much deeper

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never having played the games before, the movie was solid, maybe a 6.5/10. Seems to me the most hate I’ve seen is nerds upset that it’s not enough like the games.

With that said it definitely feels like a 2000’s movie in terms of style and dated references and it could’ve been more violent(it was directed by Eli Roth) but overall it looked fun and I was never bored, so I don’t think it’s bad, just not gonna be remembered in a few years.