• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boosh game 3, Leighton backup

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I wasn't against it no use putting too much pressure on the kid. Bouch looks to be in a zone and that's what they were doing all year. Normally Bob would back up but maybe Lavy wanted him to take a breather watch from the press box and learn. He's close but no use forcing things. I still expect to see Bob at some point in the playoffs...

i dont even think it was that much of a slight to bob.. i dont think lava trusts him to be a back up.. back up goaltender is a tricky position, especially in the playoffs.. coming in, usually when your team is down and can't afford another goal against.. i think bob had it in his head that for the flyers to win game 2 he had to pitch a shutout, and he tried too hard.. which i'm guessing is what lava would be worried about if bob had to relieve boosh.. hence leighton being the backup

i wouldn't be surprised to see bob again in the playoffs, but i dont think we'll see him as a backup.. if boosh or leighton gets a start, the other will be on the bench, if bob gets a start, boosh will be on the bench

leighton is boosh's back up
boosh is bob's back up

i dont really think leighton will start a game unless something terrible happens

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised by the move. Again, I feel like switching from Bob to Boucher was much like hitting the panic button, but it did work, so you can't argue it. You could argue that we'd have won the game no matter who started it however...lol

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised by the move. Again, I feel like switching from Bob to Boucher was much like hitting the panic button, but it did work, so you can't argue it. You could argue that we'd have won the game no matter who started it however...lol

Boosh was awesome last night. I think there's a great chance that they wouldn't have won that particular game with Bob in net (and I like Bob too).

:csb:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boosh was awesome last night. I think there's a great chance that they wouldn't have won that particular game with Bob in net (and I like Bob too).

:csb:

^ is that smiley the dancing fat idiot at the flyers games?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya..

Oh, wise ass wants to correct every little thing. It was "are" and "our", which mean two totally different things. However, if you would like my typing to improve I can accommodate that wish.

Sincerely,
Awaz

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, wise ass wants to correct every little thing. It was "are" and "our", which mean two totally different things. However, if you would like my typing to improve I can accommodate that wish.

Sincerely,
Awaz

lol Lighten up man. I'm not the one with the spelling hard on....I'll leave that BS for Ander and you. Personally, I could care less if someone makes a simple mistake in grammar on a stupid sports message board.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every is on edge lately. Pussies.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha Look who's talking..

Before Monday your sissy ass was ready to go find some rope to hang yourself. Now, after one win, you think you got the world by the balls! LOL!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Lighten up man. I'm not the one with the spelling hard on....I'll leave that BS for Ander and you. Personally, I could care less if someone makes a simple mistake in grammar on a stupid sports message board.

i was just kidding :)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ha ok i'll be the first to say it.....both of those goals against bouch on monday the people on here would have KILLED bob for. that being said, bouch gives the team a calming force on the back end and it is no surprise the defense plays better in front of him. i think the move was the right thing to do but i also think that bob will only get better, just wasnt his time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha ok i'll be the first to say it.....both of those goals against bouch on monday the people on here would have KILLED bob for. that being said, bouch gives the team a calming force on the back end and it is no surprise the defense plays better in front of him. i think the move was the right thing to do but i also think that bob will only get better, just wasnt his time.

this might sound ridiculous, but keep in mind i dont despise bob, i've been flip-flopping on the hot-hand all year

first off we'll hit gaustad's goal, the first one.. that was a rip from the slot, a really good shot.. i dont think the flyers, as a team, did anything wrong in trying to prevent that goal.. that was just a great shot (if i'm thinking of the correct goal)

as far as the weak goal boosh allowed.. that was definitely weak.. there's a couple of things that set it apart from the weak goals bob allows though..

#1 boosh doesn't go into depression about allowing a weak goal, he slams the ice and tells the guys its his bad and that it wont happen again.. just watch his reaction, there's nobody more disappointed in that goal being allowed than boosh.. sometimes when bob allows a weak goal, he just kind of sulks..

#2 this one is the one that you could consider a stretch.. boosh allowed a weak goal at a good time.. when bob allows weak goals, it frequently comes when the game is tied and the team has been battling hard and carrying the play.. the goal boosh allowed came right after the flyers took a 3-1 lead, so he only lost them the cushion

JMO

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give credit to Bouch he played fantastic again....goaltending is definitely not the Flyers problem this year that's all I can say.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give credit to Bouch he played fantastic again....goaltending is definitely not the Flyers problem this year that's all I can say.

Yes, Boosh has been awesome! No complaints there.