• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BOOM!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt, and still do that Luck did Stewart dirty. I think Stewart should have replaced his OC prior to 2010, I do not know what conversations Luck and Stewart had, nor does anyone on here. I wonder what some of those talks were? I think Stewart had reached his ceiling, but I loved that WVU competed in every game but one during his tenure, I like defensive football, and WVU played excellent defense those years. I also was pissed that Stewart tried to get the reporter to dig, but isn't that America of the late 20th century and beyond?????? While I supported Stewart, I do not think he should have been hired as HC, just think where we would be today if Garrison and Manchin had kept their mouths shut when Pastilong was in talks with Fisher!!!!!
Same thing could be said about Dana getting rid of Gibby after this season. No Balls had to make a decision and this is a do-over for him. If he truly disliked Dana, then he should have done, what you have been bitching about since his hire, and released him instead of renewing his contract.

Poppy, you can’t have it both ways. In 1 statement you say Stewart shouldn’t have been the HC, then say King Ollie did him wrong by getting rid of him. Do you think King Ollie got rid of him for the drama he was bringing into the program in the form of the media? You are happy with being competitive in the Big East, but, in your language, pour piss on a coach who has built a great program in the Big 12. This was Dana’s year to play in/win the CCG. Maybe it is time to change coaches but it’s time for our school to get serious with our football and basketball HC transitions. Hopefully Brown will be that guy in football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Lyons was OK with what was going on in football, but not excited about it. He offered what he thought was right for WVU, Holgorsen countered with what he felt was best for him, common ground couldn't be reached. No fault, no blame, two parties looking at their interest couldn't get a deal done, so Holgorsen went down the road. No different that me going into a car dealer and being unable to do a deal, so go to the next car lot and deal. I think it works out best for everyone, there are no burnt bridges, no hurt feelings, a business deal was done.

As I've said before, I'm changing my opinion of Shane. How he handled everything in Dana's departure through Brown's hire has impressed me. Coupled with him addressing Mountaineer Nation in August to let them hear the truth about our facilities and his plan to address, resulted in raising his stock for me.

Like you said, Shane offered an extension to Dana based on his opinion of performance since the last extension. He stood firm, and forced Dana to once again make a choice.

Thankfully, the bad optics of letting Dana go have been replaced by a whole lot of really good ones with Neal's hire.

National media has gone from asking... 'What is going on at WVU that you let Dana go?'... to... 'WVU got a great HC... maybe one who's better than the guy that left'.

Good shit...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not look like any of WVU's coaches will be part of Neal's staff.

IMO, that is a good move. Completely start over. If WVU didn't like the direction/performance of Dana's teams, why keep any of these coaches on your staff?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not look like any of WVU's coaches will be part of Neal's staff.

IMO, that is a good move. Completely start over. If WVU didn't like the direction/performance of Dana's teams, why keep any of these coaches on your staff?
This is definitely a move in the right direction. Allow Neal to build his own program and hopefully there will be additional money added for finding assistants. No more bullshit of assistants being placed on a yearly contract because that is the trend in D-1. At least he got his guy and appears to be giving Brown freedom to create his own program. If this is the case, it is a good move.

Waiting to see how he addresses the basketball program should Huggy decide to stay and No Balls wants him to leave. Huggy already has a position within the University once he decides to retire, however, I should let the season play out. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

What a difference in the way RR and Dana left. One slithered to a parking lot in Toledo while the other met in Orlando, wined and dined, then flown in a private jet to sign a contract. You may be right Another, each change is getting better.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame that it is a week until the next home basketball game, I love when they introduce the next coach of a sport in front of a crowd of screaming fans!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said before, I'm changing my opinion of Shane. How he handled everything in Dana's departure through Brown's hire has impressed me. Coupled with him addressing Mountaineer Nation in August to let them hear the truth about our facilities and his plan to address, resulted in raising his stock for me.

Like you said, Shane offered an extension to Dana based on his opinion of performance since the last extension. He stood firm, and forced Dana to once again make a choice.

Thankfully, the bad optics of letting Dana go have been replaced by a whole lot of really good ones with Neal's hire.

National media has gone from asking... 'What is going on at WVU that you let Dana go?'... to... 'WVU got a great HC... maybe one who's better than the guy that left'.

Good shit...
All he’s done is talked about the dream. I don’t see any shovels in the ground yet. King Ollie gave it to you in a well thought out month by month day by day strategic plan. I ain’t seen Shane’s plan yet...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference in the way RR and Dana left. One slithered to a parking lot in Toledo while the other met in Orlando, wined and dined, then flown in a private jet to sign a contract. You may be right Another, each change is getting better.
Although he was not my favorite coach, Holgorsen has ten times the character than Fraud......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he’s done is talked about the dream. I don’t see any shovels in the ground yet. King Ollie gave it to you in a well thought out month by month day by day strategic plan. I ain’t seen Shane’s plan yet...

Correct you are comparing Luck’s projects to Shanes’s. But, there are huge differences...

Luck’s strategic plan was achieved through loans and TIF’s.... Shane is driving a campaign of donations.

I don’t think anything like this effort has ever been attempted at WVU before??? Idk...

But, Shane has a plan...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct you are comparing Luck’s projects to Shanes’s. But, there are huge differences...

Luck’s strategic plan was achieved through loans and TIF’s.... Shane is driving a campaign of donations.

I don’t think anything like this effort has ever been attempted at WVU before??? Idk...

But, Shane has a plan...

It’s more a dream than a plan. Doesn’t sound like he has even 25% of the funds in hand...And all it appears he’s done in the 3 years he’s been here is complete King Ollie’s projects. So now he’s talking another 5 years. Which seems outrageous to me he can cull 100 million dollars in the next 24 months to get all this done. But end of the day he doesn’t that’s 8 years of not doing much.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s more a dream than a plan. Doesn’t sound like he has even 25% of the funds in hand

Yep. Kind of why I keep harping on the deep pocket donors and their importance to the future of WVU football.

Maybe it’s all coming together for some of you now...