• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonds Voted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidence is mounting that Liberal Icon is actually Barry Bonds' grandmothe

Do I need to be his grandmother or grandfather to give my opinion on the hypocrisy of the writers? It is instructive to note that you do not have any cogent response to what I wrote. And oh, by the way, I am Barry Bonds' grand father and grand mother! Hehehheheeeee.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to be his grandmother or grandfather to give my opinion on the hypocrisy of the writers? It is instructive to note that you do not have any cogent response to what I wrote. And oh, by the way, I am Barry Bonds' grand father and grand mother! Hehehheheeeee.

It is not fair not to include Barry Bonds into the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was the most feared hitter of his time (if not all time), and he had to bat against pitchers who were on Steroids.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine if he's in the hall, but steroid era guys (accused or obvious juicers) should be in their own wing...no joke...and barry is well...obvious.

bonds_ba.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to let all of these guys in eventually. There will never be any certainty regarding who did or didn't juice. Clemens and Bonds were "no-doubters" before their amazing late 30s performance spikes.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to let all of these guys in eventually. There will never be any certainty regarding who did or didn't juice. Clemens and Bonds were "no-doubters" before their amazing late 30s performance spikes.

I was sitting at a relatively quiet bar Friday night with Mrs Redfoot and couldn't help but overhear the two guys next to me talking about Bonds. The one guy was asserting that Bonds was a "pretty good" player before steroids and the other one didn't think he was HOF material before juicing. I felt like pinning my scrotum to my bar seat with my fork.

Now, I'm not about to let Bonds penis box my uvula like his Grandma, Liberal Icon, does, but to suggest that he was anything other than a lock for the HOF without juicing is cocktarded.

14 seasons
8 time All-Star
8 time Gold Glove winner
7 time Silver Slugger winner
3 time MVP
.288/.409/.559/.968/163
445 HRs
460 SBs

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fine if he's in the hall, but steroid era guys (accused or obvious juicers) should be in their own wing...no joke...and barry is well...obvious.

bonds_ba.jpg

I know. I am sure you will look the same at 42 with exercise wen you were a 19 or 20 year year-old. Maybe we should have the special wing for the greenies and the racists?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I am sure you will look the same at 42 with exercise wen you were a 19 or 20 year year-old. Maybe we should have the special wing for the greenies and the racists?
come on man. he went from pee wee herman to lou ferrigno. please dont tell me youre denying he filled himself with horse quality steroids. i pray youre not one of those people.

i also believe he should be in the hall, just in his own wing with guys like former RED SOX roger clemens.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on man. he went from pee wee herman to lou ferrigno. please dont tell me youre denying he filled himself with horse quality steroids. i pray youre not one of those people.

i also believe he should be in the hall, just in his own wing with guys like former RED SOX roger clemens.

At first I thought Grandma Bonds was just saying that her sweet little Barry Lamar should be in the hall and that he wasn't/isn't an asshole. Her post #71 sure makes it seem like she's denying that he was on steroids, though. Scary.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even better, rather than their own wing...put in on their plaques, same with pete rose.

"pete was banned form baseball for X years because he gambled on his teams games while playing and managing"

same for bonds, etc and steroids.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even better, rather than their own wing...put in on their plaques, same with pete rose.

"pete was banned form baseball for X years because he gambled on his teams games while playing and managing"

When discussing steroid users and the HOF, I often see/hear people throw Pete Rose into the conversation. To me, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

I think that all players whose performance merit inclusion, whether steroid fueled or not, should be in the HOF. Usage has been (read: still is) so rampant over the last quarter century, I think it's impossible to know that any player was clean. I would bet my middle testicle that there are currently steroid users that have been inducted into the HOF.

As far as Pete Rose goes, the difference to me is that there was a clearly stated "golden rule" of baseball. If you gamble on baseball, you're out for life. Rose was aware of that rule and chose to gamble on baseball anyway.

Before someone brings it up, to me, the discussion of which is worse for baseball, gambling or steroids, is immaterial to the Pete Rose/Steroid Users in the Hall debate. There was a very specific, golden rule about gambling. There was not, and still is not, any such rule about steroids.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am OK with this...

On Bonds plaque, it should say, "Bonds did not break a single baseball rule during his career". That will teach him.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am OK with this...

On Bonds plaque, it should say, "Bonds did not break a single baseball rule during his career". That will teach him.
"his head grew 4 sizes on its own and his arms and chest swelled to massive sizes and he didnt suffer from gigantism. no one knows how this happened, seeing has steroids are a federal schedule drug. BALCO was just a theme park"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing to see here folks, move along. this happens naturally...

tumblr_l3rryktw0V1qah458.jpg

barry-bonds-muscle-shirt.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"his head grew 4 sizes on its own and his arms and chest swelled to massive sizes and he didnt suffer from gigantism. no one knows how this happened, seeing has steroids are a federal schedule drug. BALCO was just a theme park"

No one (sane) is denying Bonds (AND MANY MANY OTHERS) roided up...it's just that he didn't break any baseball rules doing so.