• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bobrovsky

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Shmookie, Get this fuckin Ruskie in the net and lets see what this bitch has got!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh....the ol "man up or shut up" approach eh?? Niiiice. :cool:

Well fuck, every body say's he has NHL type experience from the KHL, Well then what's the difference. I mean at least let him compete for a starting job! Who knows, he may adapt quicker than expected.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, every body say's he has NHL type experience from the KHL, Well then what's the difference. I mean at least let him compete for a starting job! Who knows, he may adapt quicker than expected.

You never know its happened before and will happen again...would be sweeeet if one of these young guys push Leights this season. Although the more I think about it with this improved D why can't Leights be even better in net? After all there should be less shots, less quality shots and a more rested d corps out there I'm no fortune teller but that sounds positive to me!

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny cause I was thinking that Bobrovsky should be given a shot in some NHL games early in the season. I would have loved to see "The Monster" start with a defense in front of him like the Flyers have I bet he would have lived up to his hype a lot better even though he has proven to be a good goalie, he's just on a bad team.

I will flat out say with the even more upgraded defense from last season I think Leights will put up phenominal numbers, I could even see him put up 40+ wins if the starting job truly is his and none of our young guns push him hard enough to take it.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know its happened before and will happen again...would be sweeeet if one of these young guys push Leights this season. Although the more I think about it with this improved D why can't Leights be even better in net? After all there should be less shots, less quality shots and a more rested d corps out there I'm no fortune teller but that sounds positive to me!

If nothing else I would def like to see him bump Boosh for the back up roll, I just think Homer is showing both goalies respect for last years efforts. Sometimes you have to move on though and try new things.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If nothing else I would def like to see him bump Boosh for the back up roll, I just think Homer is showing both goalies respect for last years efforts. Sometimes you have to move on though and try new things.

i tend to think he is going to play him in the minors because he will get the reps he needs to help adjust to the smaller rinks and changes in play. he won't get that riding the pine behind leighton. it's the right move. but i do hope he gets called up for a game or two early.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the switch from Russia to North America is more difficult on a goalie, especially one that's played in Russia his entire life. As Ray Emery said, in Russia, they try to pass the puck into the net (About 20:30 in). But we all know that certainly isn't the case over here.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tend to think he is going to play him in the minors because he will get the reps he needs to help adjust to the smaller rinks and changes in play. he won't get that riding the pine behind leighton. it's the right move. but i do hope he gets called up for a game or two early.

Ya that would be the right move unless he or one of the other young guns finish training camp on fire and win the starting job. I can't see it happening but you just never know. I'd be cool with the rookie getting all kinds of action in the minors and being too good to keep down as the season progresses. This way there's no pressure from day 1 on the kid.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the best way to deal with him is to make him the phantoms starter. that was hes playing every night, getting used to the smaller rink and getting used to handling 50-60 starts as opposed to 25-30 in russia. then if he shows he can handle the smaller rink and more starts then maybe see if he can bump boosh out of the backup role by february or march.

it all sounds good to me.

everyone is so critical about the flyers not trying to upgrade in net..but theres no need to.

leights got us to within 2 blown leads of a cup. our team is young, maybe not our best defenseman, but the core of the team is young. in 2-3 years we still have a potent team with a chance at a true elite goalie that can steal games.

everything looks good in flyers country.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best way to deal with him is to make him the phantoms starter. that was hes playing every night, getting used to the smaller rink and getting used to handling 50-60 starts as opposed to 25-30 in russia. then if he shows he can handle the smaller rink and more starts then maybe see if he can bump boosh out of the backup role by february or march.

it all sounds good to me.

everyone is so critical about the flyers not trying to upgrade in net..but theres no need to.

leights got us to within 2 blown leads of a cup. our team is young, maybe not our best defenseman, but the core of the team is young. in 2-3 years we still have a potent team with a chance at a true elite goalie that can steal games.

everything looks good in flyers country.

Agreed Woot the Flyers have the luxury of letting the season play out and if they need to make a tweak or a woot they can do it later on with no pressure as I'm guessing that their record will be pretty good going into the new year. Man I can't wait!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
since there really isnt much to talk about until camp starts..how soon do you think bobrovsky could be ready? personally i think/hope hes gonna challenge boucher for the backup spot in training camp. i would feel a lot more comfortable with a bobrovsky/leights tandem instead of boucher/leights even if bobrovsky is a rookie. i think bobrovsky will probably be a midseason call up. he needs to get adjusted to the north american style game in the ahl first and get a little seasoned

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your last sentence says it all WOOT.

Typically, like most players coming out of Russia, he's going to need a season or two at the AHL level before he's NHL ready.

Maybe I'm dead wrong and he kills in camp....guess we'll find out shortly huh? :)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup next year, and depending on who they get to start, could be 1a in a timeshare if everything goes right. But he'll be back to being a backup before long.