• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bobby Wagner

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot a talk about Wilson and how next year he's going to be payed (and rightly so) but Bobby Wagner was picked in the same draft is also going to be able to renegotiate his contract too. So my question is if we resign Wilson, Thomas and maybe Sherman as many people want (including me) than what is going to happen to Wagner. Is he someone we should try to resign or do we let him go?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put him behind Earl, Sherman and Russell obviously in terms of priority but ahead of guys like KJ, Malcolm Smith and Maxwell. He played at a Pro Bowl level the final two months after recovering from the high ankle sprain. We will have to see how the next year shapes out with the cap and his production..

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that Bobby Wagner can be retained, but after Thomas, Sherman and Wilson that may be wishful thinking. Hope I'm wrong.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby wagner is so underrated its disgusting even among seahawk fans people really dont talk about him as much of credit people want to give bennett and the LOB credit for the production of this defense remember the play call isnt called from the secondary nor the Dline. bobby wagner is the real anchor to our defense this man gets 100+ tackles a season, plays through injury, and gets the job done he definitely deserves to get paid

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it will depend on a number of factors including other players that become FA after next year, any players they decide to cut/trade (cough Lynch cough) and just how much higher the cap will be. I've heard anything from 140m to 145m projected for next year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what I mean about Lynch is I think this coming season is probably his last and Turbin/Michael will end up the feature backs after that season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the hand writing is on the wall for Lynch. Next year he'll be the one with the big cap hit that will be released.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the hand writing is on the wall for Lynch. Next year he'll be the one with the big cap hit that will be released.

It will be sad, but with all of the other big time players I can't see them holding onto 3 running backs and Lynch is getting older. His release would certainly clear up some cap room. I don't think any of us wants to see it, but it's likely to happen.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are likely right but its very sad to even think about. He is the identity on offense. But PC/JS likely had that planned when they drafted Michael last year so early

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Lynch gets cut, primarily because he won't even be 30 at that point. I think his status will primarily be be a factor of how he plays this upcoming season. If he has another year like he has had the past 3 years I think the Seahawks would be willing to keep him on the roster, even at his cap hit.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fairly substantial increase in the salary cap over the next few years, as is being reported, should help the Seahawks keep more of these guys than if the yearly increases had been projected to be smaller, but there will still be plenty of tough decisions for Schneider to make, which, unfortunately, means that there will be some moves that will be unpopular with the fans to some degree or another.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at committed cap #s for 2015, I was surprised to see the Seahawks are under 82 million for top 51 salaries in 2015. Now that is without Sherman, Thomas and Wagner being included, but with 50 million to sign those three, that should be more then enough.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many variables to know at this point. I think Avril could be looking at a PB year as the starting LEO, so they could be wanting to hold on to him for a few more years. Okung should be restructured this year, who knows what next year may hold for him. If Unger doesn't have a better year this year he may be on the chopping block too. And as many have pointed out, we still need to see what happens with Lynch in 14. Wagner will only be 24 next year and Carroll will not easily part ways with young defensive studs. I say something gets done at some point with him, if not next off-season, then during the season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be able to re-sign Wagner to a 5 year $30M or so deal. Even if we don't I'm not concerned. This defense operates off the front 4 and secondary. The linebackers are not required to blitz, they are mostly required to fall into a cover 2 scheme and/or eat up blockers so Kam bam can do his thing. If that's what you require your LBers to do, you shouldn't be paying them top dollar let alone that much cash. They're not 3-4 LBers and Wagner is nowhere near a Ray Lewis/Keuchley/Willis/etc. talent.

I don't see Seattle ever paying it's linebacker core much with Carroll/Schneider in office. Funny because it's exact opposite of what "LOVE ME LINEBACKERS!" Ruskell did.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Lynch gets cut, primarily because he won't even be 30 at that point. I think his status will primarily be be a factor of how he plays this upcoming season. If he has another year like he has had the past 3 years I think the Seahawks would be willing to keep him on the roster, even at his cap hit.

I don't think cut either, but I am telling you, trading Lynch to the Raiders makes sense either sometime this coming year or in the next off season. We will get high picks for him because, well, its the Raiders, and he gets to go play at home and they need someone who doesn't get hurt every other game.