• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i didn't get to see the game vs. the islanders. how did bob look? i know he was playing against the 2nd string, but was he sharp? any point blank chances that he handled?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He looked real solid and not at all out of place. BUt the Isles didn't test him much. That isn't his fault though. I was at the game and played close attention to him. Moves real fluid. Looks big in the net. DOn't know if he is big, or just covers well.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
personally i thought he looked very very sharp. didn't have to make any ridiculous saves, but was always in good position and was quick

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did get to watch him last night and though he positions himself really well. He made 1 shoulder save and the announcer commented how he was stillupright even when going into the butterfly. Took away all of the net. He is very quick and has a good glove. My ONLY concern is that he has not been really tested yet. With our defense, he may not be;)

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob looks better than any Flyer goalie right now...ANY!!! bouche...leighton...he should stay with the big club...he IS ready...NOW!!!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i know the smart thing is to season him with 6 months on the phantoms, but honestly, he DOES look like the best goalie on the flyers right now...

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like them to give him a shot atleast until Leighton is back. And then evaluate how he has played. If hes not there, send him to the AHL. If hes playing well, hes the #1.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like them to give him a shot atleast until Leighton is back. And then evaluate how he has played. If hes not there, send him to the AHL. If hes playing well, hes the #1.

Yep I'd like to see that now as well...why not? You know what you'll get from Bouch and he's a vet it won't hurt him to ride the pine. Let the young guy show us what he has.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Panatch's recent writeup from tonight's game...

Management won’t outright say it, but Boucher and Sergei Bobrovsky are your starting goalies next week when the season opens. Only question is will “Bob” get a start in goal, perhaps in St. Louis?

There was also something in his notes that said Bobrovsky will make the team, and he specifically told me to "Book It". He has since removed it, but it was previously booked.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THey annmounced hims as the #2. But it sounds like he might start in St. Louis. Amazing how quickly Backlund gets forgotten and leaped over. That's not a bad thing though. Backlund was never going to be the answer long term here.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey annmounced hims as the #2. But it sounds like he might start in St. Louis. Amazing how quickly Backlund gets forgotten and leaped over. That's not a bad thing though. Backlund was never going to be the answer long term here.

The fittest survive is exactly what happened here...haha! Seriously if Bob or any goalie put up the numbers they deserve to play up here. I just hope they give it to the pens 5-2!!!!

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
backlund got hammer last night...i guess bob will be backup until leighton gets well.. Bob let in a bad weak side goal last night... this could be a good experience for him up with the big club till leighton gets well... can be a real confidence boost...plenty of rookie goalies have gotten to start in the NHL...doubt he will but before leighton gets back he will get his shot...

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers release Bill Guerin | courierpostonline.com | Courier-Post

Interesting read on the final (?) roster cuts before Thursday's season opener. The most interesting part speculates that Homer wants Lavy to play Bob early in the season to see what he's got. Do you think they'd throw him right in to the mix, against the Crosbys, in the opener? I don't, but you never know, Homer is a crafty bastard.

A little over 72 hours remain ... can you pheel it?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
backlund got hammer last night...i guess bob will be backup until leighton gets well.. Bob let in a bad weak side goal last night... this could be a good experience for him up with the big club till leighton gets well... can be a real confidence boost...plenty of rookie goalies have gotten to start in the NHL...doubt he will but before leighton gets back he will get his shot...

Maniaa ... that is a flippin' awesome avatar. Do you have a link to a larger image of it?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers release Bill Guerin | courierpostonline.com | Courier-Post

Interesting read on the final (?) roster cuts before Thursday's season opener. The most interesting part speculates that Homer wants Lavy to play Bob early in the season to see what he's got. Do you think they'd throw him right in to the mix, against the Crosbys, in the opener? I don't, but you never know, Homer is a crafty bastard.

A little over 72 hours remain ... can you pheel it?

i dont think he'll play in the opener.. thats a lot of pressure.. but i do think he will get a handful of games while leighton is hurt.. i was talkin to my lone flyer friend down here in blacksburg, and we dont see a reason why it shouldnt be around an even split.. might as well get him a little seasoned, and its not like it would kill our record to have the guy start 6-8 games while leighton is out.. he might be better than boosh at this point anyway

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hopefully bob and boosh split the starts. not only does it give bob a chance to show what he's got, but he gets valuable experience, if he's not starting in the AHL, being a backup in the NHL will do nothing for him, so might as well give him some reps

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the flyers had better give bob a shot at a decent amount of games. because leighton has an injury that for a lot of people never really goes away. you can aid it with physical therapy or surgery, but it remains a weakness pretty much forever. it just depends on the situation. but hockey players with back injuries are at risk because hockey is hell on your back. goalies are crouched over the whole game. it's all back oriented. so i foresee leighton in and out of the line up all year with this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Homer wants Bob playing at least half of the games and wants him in net for one of the first two games...my gut says against the blues. If he impresses they will keep him in the fold all year and Bouch will be sent down.