• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blount Traded to New England

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, a 7th and a guy that doesn't want to play football for maybe a goaline back...

nothing to see here

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams (RIP)
He got a 6th round pick for Benn (while also giving up a 7th)
He got a 4th round pick for Talib
He got a 7th round pick for Blount (as well as KR Demps)
He traded a 2nd and 4th for a 1st and 4th (1st being Doug Martin)
He almost got a conditional 7th round pick for Winslow (though the pick was lost when Winslow couldnt dupe the seahawks)

Look at the roster when he took over to now, its just amazing. He took over Very Suddenly when the Bucs fired Allen/Gruden. He was not ready nor had any idea he would take over, his first year nothing happened but the draft. 2010 was the first year things started to change, here are the results.

End of 2008 Roster to Beginning of 2013 Roster.
QB
Jeff Garcia -- Josh Freeman
Brian Griese -- Mike Glennon
Luke McCown -- Dave Orlovsky

RB
Warrick Dunn -- Doug Martin
Cadilac Williams -- Brian Leonard
FB
Jameel Cook -- Erik Lorig

TE
Jerramy Stevans -- Luke Stocker
Alex Smith -- Tom Crabtree

WR
Antonio Bryant -- Vincent Jackson
Joey Galloway -- Mike Williams

OT
Donald Penn -- Donald Penn
Jeremy Trueblood -- Demar Dotson

OG
Davin Joseph -- Davin Joseph
Sean Mahan -- Carl Nicks

C
Jeff Faine -- Jeremy Zuttah

DE
Gaines Adams -- Adrian Clayborn
Kevin Carter -- DaQuan Bowers

DT
Chris Hovan -- Gerald McCoy
Ryan Simms -- Derek Landri

LB
Derrick Brooks -- Lavonte David
Barret Ruub -- Mason Foster
Quicy Black -- Stevan Means

CB
Ronde Barber -- Darelle Revis
Aqib Talib -- Eric Wright
Phillip Buchanon -- Johnathan Banks

S
Tanard Jackson -- Dashon Goldson
Will Allen -- Mark Baron

Almost across the board the roster has been improved. The fact that he was able to replace Derrick Brooks with Lavonte David, Warrick Dunn with Doug Martin, and Ronde Barber with Darelle Revis is Amazing, just Amazing. Add is McCoy is like a mini Sapp... Just Amazing!!

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, a 7th and a guy that doesn't want to play football for maybe a goaline back...

nothing to see here

Goa line back score a touchdown when they have 4 carries from the 1 vs the 2012 Saints Defense. Blount is not nor will he ever bee a goal line back or a power back.

If he can learn to pass block then he Will be effective as a big scat back in a passing system like the Patriot have. I can see why the Pats would want him. But IMO they could have waited either 4 months or 9 months and got him for nothing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same same....

Demps was going to get cut himself. Guy doesn't want to play football. He wants to run track (no gold medals yet?) and he wants an NFL team to foot the tab.
Thats where Bill got duped. Hope he works out for the Bucs, and I hope Blount is half as good as Aquib Talib, he was well worth the 4th rounder.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goa line back score a touchdown when they have 4 carries from the 1 vs the 2012 Saints Defense. Blount is not nor will he ever bee a goal line back or a power back.

If he can learn to pass block then he Will be effective as a big scat back in a passing system like the Patriot have. I can see why the Pats would want him. But IMO they could have waited either 4 months or 9 months and got him for nothing.

no he's useless as a scat. can't block, can't catch. Also Pats have Ridley an Vareen. Blount is more of a power back (allegedly) he'll be the short yardage guy (if he even makes team) Probably useless there too but it's the only thing that makes any sense. Hence why it's a head scratcher,,,,

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same same....

Demps was going to get cut himself. Guy doesn't want to play football. He wants to run track (no gold medals yet?) and he wants an NFL team to foot the tab.
Thats where Bill got duped. Hope he works out for the Bucs, and I hope Blount is half as good as Aquib Talib, he was well worth the 4th rounder.

New England did not want him to run track, Demps wants to do both. Plus the trade was about getting a draft pick for Blount, it sounds like New England forced Demps on Tampa. Then we used that Pick on Mike James a real power back. If Demps can be a decent KR then this is even better IMO.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he's useless as a scat. can't block, can't catch. Also Pats have Ridley an Vareen. Blount is more of a power back (allegedly) he'll be the short yardage guy (if he even makes team) Probably useless there too but it's the only thing that makes any sense. Hence why it's a head scratcher,,,,

I think New England is taking a chance on a guy that has played at a high level before, and might also again. They were Mad at Demps and there was probably no on they wanted to draft with that pick. If he put it together its a good trade.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't his position Enforcer?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Blount so undervalued in Tampa? I'm curious to hear what Tampa Bay fans have to say because from my outside perspective I saw a guy who in his rookie year ran for 1,000 yards on a phenomenal 5.0 yards per carry and just sort of got tossed aside afterwards.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a 4th round pick for Talib
He got a 7th round pick for Blount (as well as KR Demps)
He traded a 2nd and 4th for a 1st and 4th (1st being Doug Martin)

Talib showed himself to be a starting caliber corner. A fourth round pick out of him is nothing.

A seventh round pick for Blount may not be a bad deal, but he showed potential until for whatever reason he fell out of favor with your coaching staff. Do you expect a significant upgrade with a seventh rounder?

They gave up 25 spots in the 4th round to move up five from early second to late first. A good move to go get their guy, sure, but something out of nothing? It was a typical draft day trade of roughly equal value based on the general value chart teams use.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think this could wind up being an absolute steal for the Pats. Blount showed some signs of life early on in his career, he has talent, I think he could thrive in New England.