• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Report's Power Ranking's going into training camp

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits and giggles, I applied to be a Bleacher Report writer about a year ago.

I had to submit a writing sample with limited word count that covered a recent sports event.

I was accepted, and got this as a response:

Cezero (sic),

Congratulations on your admission to the Bleacher Report Writer Program.

You should be proud to know that your writing sample passed muster with our notoriously rigorous Writer Admissions Board. In fact, you stood out among the thousands of candidates we review every month as one of the few worthy of B/R publishing privileges—so, if nothing else, please take a moment to pat yourself on the back for an honor well earned.

At some point in the next few days, you’ll be contacted by a real-live Bleacher Report administrator with personalized advice for accelerating your B/R career. In the meantime, we’ll encourage you to check out all the features and opportunities the site has to offer—and there’s no better place to start your exploration than the B/R Writer Orientation:

Writer Orientation | Bleacher Report

The orientation is designed to guide BLAH BLAH BLAH
"notoriously rigorous" lololol

Needless to say, I haven't written anything because the site is a huge joke. It's the TMZ/Enquirer of sports journalism.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit:
Just for shits and giggles, I applied to be a Bleacher Report writer about a year ago.

I had to submit a writing sample with limited word count that covered a recent sports event.

I was accepted, and got this as a response:

"notoriously rigorous" lololol

Needless to say, I haven't written anything because the site is a huge joke. It's the TMZ/Enquirer of sports journalism.

:bullshit:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report has absolutely zero credibility, but so does that lame effort.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's far fetched about that?

Bleacher Report pages have links to apply to be a writer. And judging by number of writers and quality of articles I would think its fairly easy to click on one of those links and get a gig writing for that rag.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's far fetched about that?

Bleacher Report pages always have links to apply to be a writer. And judging by number of writers and quality of articles I would think its fairly easy to click on one of those links and get a gig writing for that rag.

After the initial application where you get to write on whatever you want, you don't get access to publish on their platform until after you submit an article of their choosing for review.

To ever get anything published after that, their editors read it and approve it before anything can ever go live.

The fact that I got accepted in the first place after writing garbage is the part that's funny to me.

I highly doubt that anybody who can write in complete sentences would ever get rejected.

It's all just a big joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo, the "rankings" in this particular BR article are moronic.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get access to publish on their platform until after you submit an article of their choosing for review.

To ever get anything published after that, their editors read it and approve it before anything can ever go live.

The fact that I got accepted in the first place after writing garbage is the part that's funny to me.

I highly doubt that anybody who can write in complete sentences would ever get rejected.

It's all just a big joke.

Got it.

My mistake... :suds: