• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Report on the rooks. thus far

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the guy said about Street.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I read on Bishop & Mitchell.

2 spots on Defense that needs some good news & quality finds.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That C he gave Dixon is not a good sign for Dixon anyway. I always thought he would be mainly used on Spec. Teams this yr anyway, but there is a UDFA that I have been reading about thats doing some good things. Like Jarntt says though and I agree with him- lets wait and watch some games. The UDFA is named Ryan Smith and he played at Auburn. He is wearing 33.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on here... or the old board years ago and tried to prove a point using Bleacher Report and the person I was arguing with said Bleacher is a complete joke and its just fans writing articles. I double checked and he was exactly right. I wouldnt go to Bleacher Report looking for anything unbiased. Im not trying to put down the Cowboys draft one iota but Bleacher Report isnt Sports Illustrated or even remotely reputable.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on here... or the old board years ago and tried to prove a point using Bleacher Report and the person I was arguing with said Bleacher is a complete joke and its just fans writing articles. I double checked and he was exactly right. I wouldnt go to Bleacher Report looking for anything unbiased. Im not trying to put down the Cowboys draft one iota but Bleacher Report isnt Sports Illustrated or even remotely reputable.

I agree BR is strictly blog site that has people writing stories about sports. I was one of the guys telling you that you or I could write on that site. I would never use BR has a de facto truth proving site but you can find stuff there to talk about. First thing I thought about when I saw Lawrence's (D) was why the grade? Why not an incomplete (INC)? Most established writers would not grade the injured at this stage in their careers. Maybe this guy didn't like the Lawrence pick or the trade and had an agenda.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably you I was fighting with Manster. :lol:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't even include Byrd who is also doing well

He only graded draft picks. There are a few UDFA's turning heads. If nothing else with this years draft and UDFA's we should at the very least improve the depth of the team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing with Twist?? No way

I should not have said that. I miss twist and hope he is doing well. He always kept things interesting around here as did Pday. Hopefully they will resurface soon

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should not have said that. I miss twist and hope he is doing well. He always kept things interesting around here as did Pday. Hopefully they will resurface soon

Let the season start. They, like the rest of us are addicted to football and talking football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I tend to agree, I don't really think because an article is in SI or some other publication it means much either. I really don't have any use for a writer that may or may not now anything about the players in his article telling me much about them anyway unless he is getting some inside info from the team. It's just another opinion. So from that point of view I'm not sure it means more than coming from a fan IF and I'll stress the IF, the fan knows what he is taking about. How many National writers know more about the Eagles than you? I bet not too many and Peter King certainly doesn't know much about specific players and teams...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree BR is strictly blog site that has people writing stories about sports. I was one of the guys telling you that you or I could write on that site. I would never use BR has a de facto truth proving site but you can find stuff there to talk about. First thing I thought about when I saw Lawrence's (D) was why the grade? Why not an incomplete (INC)? Most established writers would not grade the injured at this stage in their careers. Maybe this guy didn't like the Lawrence pick or the trade and had an agenda.

well to be fair he said before the injury Lawrence would have a B+

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to be fair he said before the injury Lawrence would have a B+

I would think the grades would be made on how the players looked pre injury. That's why I said the D's should have been in completes.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just happy all the reports I was reading were basically saying he wasn't a one trick pony.
He was doing well against the run & could be in the game more than just passing downs.
I, like you Manster, hated the trade but was getting excited to see him in a scrimmage against someone other than our players.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just happy all the reports I was reading were basically saying he wasn't a one trick pony.
He was doing well against the run & could be in the game more than just passing downs.
I, like you Manster, hated the trade but was getting excited to see him in a scrimmage against someone other than our players.

I wasn't too happy with the pick of Lawrence either, but I'm not going to sit here daily crying about it. If he's a complete bust I still won't continuously whine about him. The draft is a complete crapshoot. No one can be as good at picking players as some on these pages claim to be. Now if Escobar fails you may hear my complaints a little.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I tend to agree, I don't really think because an article is in SI or some other publication it means much either. I really don't have any use for a writer that may or may not now anything about the players in his article telling me much about them anyway unless he is getting some inside info from the team. It's just another opinion. So from that point of view I'm not sure it means more than coming from a fan IF and I'll stress the IF, the fan knows what he is taking about. How many National writers know more about the Eagles than you? I bet not too many and Peter King certainly doesn't know much about specific players and teams...

I think the major publications have access to the people who really understand football. Peter King might not know more about the Eagles then me but he has access to the people who know what's really going on, that I dont. I highly doubt any BR writer has inside info outside of what they see at training camp or hear. More likely is that no one really knows anything. Remember Jeff Turner back in the early 90s who caught EVERYTHING and had 5 TD's in preseason? Im sure you dont because all these training camp reports and preseason play means nothing... for the most part. I do understanding you doubting King. He had Jamar Chaney on his all NFL team for the 2nd half of the season once. He SUCKS. He was the one to list Sean Bradley as first team all pro and his rookie of the year prediction was that awful Guard we drafted in the first round a few years ago. Cant even remember that bums name! Oh wait... Danny Watkins.