• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blatt is Lebron's bitch lmao

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amusing to me is Lebron wants championships and the only time he's won championships is when he was actually coached. Spo checked him and had him play the system Spo designed. You'd think those 2 rings after his first stint in Cleveland (where he unsuccessfully ran the show) would be enough to make him realize that "hey, maybe I should just play and let the suit coach".
That is the only time a player is going to win a championship. There is a reason for a coach. The coach sees what is going on from a different perspective and correct things he sees going down wrong. When the player is coaching and making the decisions - the team is going to lose, but on the other hand - Lebron got what he deserved:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stein is a credible enough of a reporter - and his message is being repeated by enough other reporters - that his take on this shouldn't be easily dismissed. I'm have to trust what these reporters are seeing since I don't have that type of access.

I have to say, though, this reeks of a product of the Cavs losing. If the Cavs win... it becomes a praise of LeBron -that he has the will to succeed - the drive to win - and will do whatever it takes - including butting heads with the coach to make that happen. If the Cavs win... the story is that Blatt is a horrible coach... but lucky for him LeBron took control and made it happen.

Of course, the Cavs lost.... so the narrative flips completely.

There is a line that any employee has to walk between being teachable, subservient, coachable, and yet still be passionate, unafraid to challenge authority, and willing to stand by your convictions.

Looking at this article by Stein - and this specific season in particular - it looks like LeBron might have gone too far to one side of that line.

I don't think it has anything to with winning or losing. It has everything to do with the mindset of LeBron.

MY STRONG opinion on why he left is that it had nothing to do with injuries, winning or losing.
It was all about power.
I believe he wanted a lot of the things we've all heard. I think he wanted Spoelstra gone.

I think Riley pretty much let him know from day 1 that James would have some input, but never be the decision maker.

That wasn't enough for James.

Gilbert/Cavs offered total control.

James couldn't pull his shit with Van Gundy, Thibbs or any 'real' coach.
Blatt will be back, because the King always can kill the pawn.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player is going to do what he wants until someone says "No". The problem is not one single person in this organization has the balls to say it to him. Gilbert, the fucking owner, is Lebrons' bitch. So that means anyone under Gilbert, uhhh everyone, is going to listen to Lebron bc he could essentially leave if he doesnt like the decisions made. He has a chokehold on Gilbert and the organization and there is absolutely nothing Gilbert can do about it. Lebron will pick the coach, so if he wants to be the coach, they will keep Blatt.
IMO they need an experienced, assertive coach that Lebron will respect. He has shown he can let the coach coach, but he knows what he is doing. He isnt going to let some rookie coach that has shown at times he has no clue what he is doing run the show. I think he needs a great coach, but I think he wants to coach, so we will see how it plays out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it has anything to with winning or losing. It has everything to do with the mindset of LeBron.

MY STRONG opinion on why he left is that it had nothing to do with injuries, winning or losing.
It was all about power.
I believe he wanted a lot of the things we've all heard. I think he wanted Spoelstra gone.

I think Riley pretty much let him know from day 1 that James would have some input, but never be the decision maker.

That wasn't enough for James.

Gilbert/Cavs offered total control.

James couldn't pull his shit with Van Gundy, Thibbs or any 'real' coach.
Blatt will be back, because the King always can kill the pawn.

IMO if he had a great coach, Phil, Pop, etc. he would thrive under them and essentially would make him better. That is something that he never really had since high school, was a great coach. Spo ended up pretty good and he won 2 ships with him. I think with the upcoming roster and a great coach they could great things.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine. Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else. As ESPN’s Brian Windhorst put it in an interview on “SVP and Russillo,” he doesn’t think James would mind keeping Blatt with the team because he “likes having Blatt to kick around.”

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player is going to do what he wants until someone says "No". The problem is not one single person in this organization has the balls to say it to him. Gilbert, the fucking owner, is Lebrons' bitch. So that means anyone under Gilbert, uhhh everyone, is going to listen to Lebron bc he could essentially leave if he doesnt like the decisions made. He has a chokehold on Gilbert and the organization and there is absolutely nothing Gilbert can do about it. Lebron will pick the coach, so if he wants to be the coach, they will keep Blatt.
IMO they need an experienced, assertive coach that Lebron will respect. He has shown he can let the coach coach, but he knows what he is doing. He isnt going to let some rookie coach that has shown at times he has no clue what he is doing run the show. I think he needs a great coach, but I think he wants to coach, so we will see how it plays out.

Having said this, I still believe the main reason he came back to Cleveland was win a championship for his hometown, obviously it was much easier knowing he could be in control for the most part. But he is doing all this to win-it-all, he wouldnt try to control everything if he didnt want to win. He just thinks he can do it all from the front office to on the court, and as far as GM I would trust him to make the roster the way he wants it to look but as far as coaching I still think he needs a great coach or even just a good coach to take charge.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is play as well Shanemansj13. We will never know the whole story of what is going on between James and Blatt but teams that have this kind of dissonance seldom win championships. If the look on JR Smith's face at halftime of one of the Finals games is any indication of what is going on, James may have to wait awhile before he and the fans get what they all want.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16549902530_f32500c6b0_b.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said this, I still believe the main reason he came back to Cleveland was win a championship for his hometown, obviously it was much easier knowing he could be in control for the most part. But he is doing all this to win-it-all, he wouldnt try to control everything if he didnt want to win. He just thinks he can do it all from the front office to on the court, and as far as GM I would trust him to make the roster the way he wants it to look but as far as coaching I still think he needs a great coach or even just a good coach to take charge.

Nope.
Gilbert's letter would have been the end of James ever playing for him again unless Gilbert did exactly what he did... get on his knees and beg aka giving a player total control.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like to me that there are some bitter fans over Lebron leaving Miami. All year long it was all about Lebron and now every one is blaming the coach and making excuses for Lebron. Just saying

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard:

LeBron is not going to get involved. He's not going to issue an ultimatum. He's not going to say 'It's me or David Blatt'. He's not going to hint at what they should do. He's going to stay clear of it. He wants the organization to pick their coach.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.
Gilbert's letter would have been the end of James ever playing for him again unless Gilbert did exactly what he did... get on his knees and beg aka giving a player total control.

Yep, Gilbert sold his franchise to LeBron and there is pretty good evidence that when an owner does that, the chance of winning a championship goes right down the crapper.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to see a player walking over a coach, just bothers me.

Real man would work with the guy, and not step all over him in front of the team. That's called leadership.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Aka giving him a blow job.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny. This guy Blatt is going to lose a lot of credit here. Who would hire him if he can't control his team.
Well his team did beat your Bulls in the playoffs. Just sayin.