• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett Transferring from Alabama

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want him?

I don't think I would.
Have you seen our quarterback now? If that is our best option now, your reject can't be any worse.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen our quarterback now? If that is our best option now, your reject can't be any worse.

No reason to believe you aren't a frontrunner. MSU puts QBs in the NFL... that's all this kid needs to know.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to believe you aren't a frontrunner. MSU puts QBs in the NFL... that's all this kid needs to know.
We only have 3 starters currently and fourth riding the pine. That really is suprising given we are Michigan state.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has the talent, but he's gotta get his head right in multiple ways if he will ever be successful.

The way I see it - got beat out by a 4 star true freshman after having a year and a half of being groomed by Kiffin. And not because he isn't a talented passer, he's more talented than Hurts - but because he couldn't/wouldn't be a leader of the team.

Ditching things the way he did IMO just kind of showed why he wasn't able to get the most important thing to Saban right.

I mean we've seen a converted RB take the job, we had a 3 star QB transfer last year start over a couple of 4 stars - and it all seemed to boil down to their leadership abilities. They just gameplan with whatever the QB is good at etc. Leadership was what won AJ the job over Phillip Sims many years ago.

Being unselfish and being a leader is most important and he failed miserably at it.

But if you can get his head right and get him to put others before himself, he could be very good for you.

I generally wish him the best, but I'd love for him to go to Texas A&M so Alabama can make his ass quit 1 more time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the talent, but he's gotta get his head right in multiple ways if he will ever be successful.

The way I see it - got beat out by a 4 star true freshman after having a year and a half of being groomed by Kiffin. And not because he isn't a talented passer, he's more talented than Hurts - but because he couldn't/wouldn't be a leader of the team.

Ditching things the way he did IMO just kind of showed why he wasn't able to get the most important thing to Saban right.

I mean we've seen a converted RB take the job, we had a 3 star QB transfer last year start over a couple of 4 stars - and it all seemed to boil down to their leadership abilities. They just gameplan with whatever the QB is good at etc. Leadership was what won AJ the job over Phillip Sims many years ago.

Being unselfish and being a leader is most important and he failed miserably at it.

But if you can get his head right and get him to put others before himself, he could be very good for you.

I generally wish him the best, but I'd love for him to go to Texas A&M so Alabama can make his ass quit 1 more time.
Sometimes a change of scenery can help. But I will take talent with head issues over no talent with head issues.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if Kiffin couldn't get him square I don't know if anyone could....

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS. This alone speaks volumes of his connection to the team. It's that connection that makes the difference where talent is nearly equal. I'm enjoying watching Jalen sit the sideline with his team in a semi circle around him...sort of holding court. He doesn't come across as cocky about it either...just one of those people you instantly admire.

I was thinking the other day Jalen's strength is probably a result of his daddy...long time head football coach in Texas. You KNOW he towed the line because sport parents are always the hardest on their own kids.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 3 starters currently and fourth riding the pine. That really is suprising given we are Michigan state.

Gotta be honest.. what's going on with MSU shocked me. You'll reload and be fine though... but it sure does suck to have to ride out a year like this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS. This alone speaks volumes of his connection to the team. It's that connection that makes the difference where talent is nearly equal. I'm enjoying watching Jalen sit the sideline with his team in a semi circle around him...sort of holding court. He doesn't come across as cocky about it either...just one of those people you instantly admire.

I was thinking the other day Jalen's strength is probably a result of his daddy...long time head football coach in Texas. You KNOW he towed the line because sport parents are always the hardest on their own kids.

Dude has the it factor for sure.

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of what you said makes a buyout a fulfillment of a contract. Sure it's if the contract doesn't work out, but that doesn't mean the contract was fulfilled. Even you know that.

If you look at contract law as well as ordinary English, you'll find that any circumstance which is anticipated and negotiated as part of the contract is, indeed, fulfillment.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. -- Agnes Repplier

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at contract law as well as ordinary English, you'll find that any circumstance which is anticipated and negotiated as part of the contract is, indeed, fulfillment.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. -- Agnes Repplier

Not if you have common sense. Contract fulfillment is completing the terms of the contract. A buyout is a way to end the contract. Not fulfill it.

Please take your head out of 4d's ass. You are so far up it his siliva is starting to look like your avy when he spits.

Kelsen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,083.52
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you have common sense. Contract fulfillment is completing the terms of the contract. A buyout is a way to end the contract. Not fulfill it.

Please take your head out of 4d's ass. You are so far up it his siliva is starting to look like your avy when he spits.

Son, I don't even know 4d; he may be an alright fella; I can't really say. But I certainly don't have the fixation on him that you do. Where do you get this stuff? Do you think your mancrush is not obvious, or do you mean it to be so blatant? Dang. Just tell him!

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Some people have a way with words, others... not have way. -- Steve Martin

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been brought up but I'm not going through 18 pages to confirm it. Saban :crazy:

It’s one of those things where I think the culture has changed a little bit. There’s certain pride people have in competition. There’s certain things I was taught growing up about not quitting and seeing things through. I think if I’d come home and told my dad that I was going to quit the team, I think he’d have kicked me out of the house. “
Nick Saban on Barnett transfer

"Following the final regular-season game against Penn State, Saban abruptly resigned to accept the head coaching position with LSU. Saban's assistant head coach and successor, Bobby Williams, then coached MSU to a Citrus Bowlvictory over Florida...."

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son, I don't even know 4d; he may be an alright fella; I can't really say. But I certainly don't have the fixation on him that you do. Where do you get this stuff? Do you think your mancrush is not obvious, or do you mean it to be so blatant? Dang. Just tell him!

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Some people have a way with words, others... not have way. -- Steve Martin

Ahh I see, go off topic when you have nothing else. Good work Dave.

I don't expect someone like you to get it. I have no fixation with 4D, however when stupid shit is said, specifically when defending Alabama I will knock down the stupid reasoning, defense or (mostly) the opinion. He seems to be the only gump "fan" that continues to do it. But as I said, I don't expect someone like you to get it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh I see, go off topic when you have nothing else. Good work Dave.

I don't expect someone like you to get it. I have no fixation with 4D, however when stupid shit is said, specifically when defending Alabama I will knock down the stupid reasoning, defense or (mostly) the opinion. He seems to be the only gump "fan" that continues to do it. But as I said, I don't expect someone like you to get it.

You even got called out for it by the new guy.

:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quitter. I have no issue with him wanting to leave but the timing was awful. He was 1 play away from being the starter (it's not like he was demoted to 3rd string) and he could have transferred after the season.