• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Billy Price.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of my favorite players, ruined by turf toe.

:(

I love me some AJ. He has been a great player and one of the few receivers that actually possesses some modesty. I don't think he's ever been the best player in the clutch, but he was definitely the biggest star over the past decade. It's a shame that he spent all of his best years in our sewer.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some AJ. He has been a great player and one of the few receivers that actually possesses some modesty. I don't think he's ever been the best player in the clutch, but he was definitely the biggest star over the past decade. It's a shame that he spent all of his best years in our sewer.

Why do you care if he has spent the best years of his career in our sewer? You and I have had to spend the best years of our lives in this same sewer, so why not AJ? Why not Geno?

I don't feel sorry for any guy who has made $15 million a year playing anywhere in the NFL. If you go to college, you pay thousands in hope of getting a job that can support you and your family, and if you are really lucky, it will be in the same field you got your degree. He got his college paid for through scholarship, he has enough money to support his family now and his kids kids very well if he invests properly and lives a comfortable lifestyle, and not a crazy one.

You know how they say, a bad day on the golf course beats your best day at work? Well, being on the worst team in the NFL making millions beats working 9-5 at a dead end job to barely pay the bills.

I don't feel sorry for him being a Bengal, and I think he should be very thankful he is on a team in the NFL with an owner that is very family oriented and loyal to a fault. Sign his ass, put him in a bubble until regular season hits each year, and pray he stays healthy. Go Bengals!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I felt sorry for him. I said it was a shame - Mostly because it robbed fans of seeing what this guy could do on a real team with a real qb. That's feeling sorry for the fans, not the player. AJ had some choices to make and he signed an extension here. As far as I know, he's happy with his station in life.

But please spare me the 'athletes should be thankful to the owners' bullshit. The athletes are the ones with the talent. They're the ones that take all the risk. They're the ones that deal with living an entire life of pain. Their choice, I know. But the owners are the ones that are getting away with murder here.... Many of them are like Mike Brown and have simply been born into a billion dollar business that requires no talent to stay in business. And don't get me started about colleges and free education.... The colleges make so much money off these guys talent it's crazy. AJ Green was worth more to Georgia than the shitty 20K scholarship they gave him to pretend he was a student.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say I felt sorry for him. I said it was a shame - Mostly because it robbed fans of seeing what this guy could do on a real team with a real qb. That's feeling sorry for the fans, not the player. AJ had some choices to make and he signed an extension here. As far as I know, he's happy with his station in life.

But please spare me the 'athletes should be thankful to the owners' bullshit. The athletes are the ones with the talent. They're the ones that take all the risk. They're the ones that deal with living an entire life of pain. Their choice, I know. But the owners are the ones that are getting away with murder here.... Many of them are like Mike Brown and have simply been born into a billion dollar business that requires no talent to stay in business. And don't get me started about colleges and free education.... The colleges make so much money off these guys talent it's crazy. AJ Green was worth more to Georgia than the shitty 20K scholarship they gave him to pretend he was a student.

Who gives a shit about opposing fans? I don't. I got to have AJ Green on my team, and that benefited me and my fellow fan base. F the rest of the fans. Not sure why you give two shits about them anyways, but that is my opinion.

They should be thankful. Owners should be thankful too. This is a give and take relationship just like any business. Business doesn't run without its employees, employees do not work and get paid without the owners. Two way street. However, whether these owners are given a multi-million dollar business from daddy is irrelevant. It is their business no matter how they received it. It does take some brains to stay in business, like not letting ass hats like Colin Kaepernick ruin your brand and alienate a portion of your fan base, causing the sport to lose revenue. Is it enough to collapse the sport, hell no. It is big business. But shit like that needs taken care of.

Half the players in the NFL would probably be lucky to work a job that paid more than minimum wage. I don't see other college sports getting these kinds of scholarships, except basketball. I don't care they got scholarships, I think the university should hand out more scholarships to more sports and pay athletes. They are the driving force behind a massive chunk of cash gained by these universities. They risk a lot in college. Medical should be provided to these guys too.

I am with you on the Universities. I am with you about owners and players being a two way street. However, I think you underestimate how knowledge these owners are, and that includes Mike Brown about promoting and furthering this sport.

The sport needs more AJ Green's, less Odell Beckham's. Therefore, I hope management signs him, he stays a Bengal for his entire career, and I will not feel sorry for him making millions upon millions for 12 - 15 years of his life as a Cincinnati Bengal, and I certainly don't feel sorry for the other fan base douche's who didn't get to see AJ Green play with Tom Brady or Aaron F'n Rodgers.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to agree to disagree about Mike Brown. He hasn't done dick for this sport. He's gotten in the way of the train more than pushed the train. The guy has stifled economic growth of his own franchise for years and years and voted against any measure that would promote growth of the league. This is precisely why Jerry Jones has had a problem with him for so long. He purposely used the city of Baltimore to hold the city of Cincinnati hostage for a ridiculous, unsustainable deal and then shrugged his shoulders when everyone found out how unsustainable it was. He's a horrible citizen of the city he calls home.

I can't even give him credit for getting more rich than he started..... Because a competent person would have made much more money than he has made off the Bengals. He is a smart man that behaves like a moron under some guiding principles from another time. He is the sole reason that the Bengals have been a horrible franchise to watch since the early 90s.