• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Billy Price.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Billy Price pick sure is paying off. When't this guy going to start playing like a first rounder?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Billy Price pick sure is paying off. When't this guy going to start playing like a first rounder?

I don't think there is any way Price loses his spot. I think this is just the standard rotation for spring training to see what they have. Hopkins has been listed as our backup center even last year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins has been named the starter for week 1.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins has been named the starter for week 1.

Wow. Seriously?

Maybe Price is our best option for LG? Hell this makes no sense. Price is really not a better C than Hopkins, especially with communication and leadership?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Seriously?

Maybe Price is our best option for LG? Hell this makes no sense. Price is really not a better C than Hopkins, especially with communication and leadership?

Aside from him being a 1st rounder from tOSU, what makes you say he's better than Hopkins? He did nothing in his rookie year to suggest he was better than Hopkins and the Bengals lost nothing when Hopkins took over for him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals 1st rounders since the AJ pick:

Dre Kirkpatrick
Kevin Zeitler
Tyler Eifert
Darqueze Dennard
Cedric O
William Jackson
John Ross
Billy Price
Damaged Goods Williams

That's some fine work right there. Every one of these guys is either a) not very good, b) not durable, or c) not good and not durable..... With the exception of Zeitler. And he's not a Bengal since you're not allowed to sign guards in free agency.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals 1st rounders since the AJ pick:

Dre Kirkpatrick
Kevin Zeitler
Tyler Eifert
Darqueze Dennard
Cedric O
William Jackson
John Ross
Billy Price
Damaged Goods Williams

That's some fine work right there. Every one of these guys is either a) not very good, b) not durable, or c) not good and not durable..... With the exception of Zeitler. And he's not a Bengal since you're not allowed to sign guards in free agency.

I think William Jackson is really good, and outside his first year injury he has been a quality player that doesn't miss games.

Price and Ragnow...whatever that guy that got drafted by Detroit, they were considered interchangeable as the best centers in the draft two years ago. Said you couldn't go wrong with either. 1a and 1b.

As much as this sucks for Price and the fans, at least Price is saying the right things on the website, which leads me to believe he is going to work his ass off to earn his spot back at some point, or at least a spot on the line.

We also have an undrafted rookie starting at WR as our #1 in place of Green to start the season. I like Willis, but to start a undrafted rookie WR on the road in Seattle, against their defense just seems nutty. I like Taylor and like the new energy he brings, but being an old school football kind of guy like me, his new methods and decisions I am going to have to get used to. Hopefully these are the right decisions, and not just a look at me, I am the head coach, and I am going to show you who is in charge here type of play.

Hopkins did really well for us at center last year. I am okay with it, just shocked. SHOCKED, I say! I like Willis, just think we would be better off going into Seattle with a guy who has at least been in the league a year or two like Core or Malone. Oh well. I do not see these guys in practice every day, so I will trust Taylor for now, but I am having a feeling 6 wins may be our end result again this year now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think William Jackson is really good, and outside his first year injury he has been a quality player that doesn't miss games.

Price and Ragnow...whatever that guy that got drafted by Detroit, they were considered interchangeable as the best centers in the draft two years ago. Said you couldn't go wrong with either. 1a and 1b.

As much as this sucks for Price and the fans, at least Price is saying the right things on the website, which leads me to believe he is going to work his ass off to earn his spot back at some point, or at least a spot on the line.

We also have an undrafted rookie starting at WR as our #1 in place of Green to start the season. I like Willis, but to start a undrafted rookie WR on the road in Seattle, against their defense just seems nutty. I like Taylor and like the new energy he brings, but being an old school football kind of guy like me, his new methods and decisions I am going to have to get used to. Hopefully these are the right decisions, and not just a look at me, I am the head coach, and I am going to show you who is in charge here type of play.

Hopkins did really well for us at center last year. I am okay with it, just shocked. SHOCKED, I say! I like Willis, just think we would be better off going into Seattle with a guy who has at least been in the league a year or two like Core or Malone. Oh well. I do not see these guys in practice every day, so I will trust Taylor for now, but I am having a feeling 6 wins may be our end result again this year now.

Have you watched Cody Core and Josh Malone play football? I'd rather them start Dre Kirkpatrick at receiver than role out that trash. Willis is probably the best WR in that locker room not named Green or Boyd.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Cody Core and Josh Malone play football? I'd rather them start Dre Kirkpatrick at receiver than role out that trash. Willis is probably the best WR in that locker room not named Green or Boyd.

Well, I am starting to agree about Malone. Core, I think he did okay during the preseason. But your point is well taken. I was thinking more of an Erickson, but he is more of a slot receiver, not an X receiver.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW.... This wasn't really meant as an endorsement of Willis. I'm very happy for the kid and I hope he makes something of himself. But, when your best option to replace AJ is an undrafted free agent, you definitely aren't doing something right in the draft.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord! Did Price sleep with Zac's wife?

The Bengals today signed free agent C Kirk Barron.

Barron (6-2, 300), a rookie out of Purdue, originally signed as a college free agent with the Miami Dolphins in May. He was waived later that month.

Barron spent four seasons (2015-18) at Purdue and played in 43 games.

Or is this just a quick example of Zac thinking he knows more than anyone else?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW.... This wasn't really meant as an endorsement of Willis. I'm very happy for the kid and I hope he makes something of himself. But, when your best option to replace AJ is an undrafted free agent, you definitely aren't doing something right in the draft.
Cincy has what, $20m in cap space? I'm honestly surprised the Bengals didn't go after Michael Crabtree in FA.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy has what, $20m in cap space? I'm honestly surprised the Bengals didn't go after Michael Crabtree in FA.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they're thinking here. They've added vet receivers in the past but seem hesitant now. I'm sure Dalton isn't thrilled given that this is really a make or break type year for him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord! Did Price sleep with Zac's wife?

The Bengals today signed free agent C Kirk Barron.

Barron (6-2, 300), a rookie out of Purdue, originally signed as a college free agent with the Miami Dolphins in May. He was waived later that month.

Barron spent four seasons (2015-18) at Purdue and played in 43 games.

Or is this just a quick example of Zac thinking he knows more than anyone else?

2 thoughts....

1) Maybe Price just isn't very good. We've been wrong about lineman a lot.

2) Maybe Price just isn't healthy. He was hurt last year and he's been dealing with something this camp.

Or maybe Barron is just being brought on to play on Thursday and not expose either Hopkins or Price to an unnecessary game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have $20 million in cap space, but they are also looking at resigning Green. If Dalton has a standout year in Zac's system, they may be looking to have to pay Dalton a considerable pay increase since he is only making like $17 million. They also have William Jackson coming up for renewal.

Plus, if Green and Ross are healthy, the WR core doesn't look nearly as bad, being able to play the top 4 guys: Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson..then you find the best of the next tier: Willis, Core, Malone, Morgan, Tate.

I am not surprised they didn't go after him, but I am shaking my head it has come to this. Don't get me wrong, I really like Willis..but the fact he becomes our #1 WR at the X position is boggling.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have $20 million in cap space, but they are also looking at resigning Green. If Dalton has a standout year in Zac's system, they may be looking to have to pay Dalton a considerable pay increase since he is only making like $17 million. They also have William Jackson coming up for renewal.

Plus, if Green and Ross are healthy, the WR core doesn't look nearly as bad, being able to play the top 4 guys: Green, Boyd, Ross, Erickson..then you find the best of the next tier: Willis, Core, Malone, Morgan, Tate.

I am not surprised they didn't go after him, but I am shaking my head it has come to this. Don't get me wrong, I really like Willis..but the fact he becomes our #1 WR at the X position is boggling.
Didn't realize that Crabs was 31 years old. Thought he was a little younger and would be capable of bridging the gap if Green were to continue to have injury issues & hang up the cleats.

Green does make that WR corps considerably better. But you guys need to see something more from Ross to call that a complete group. And yea, a UDFA taking over the #1 X role is very surprising.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 thoughts....

1) Maybe Price just isn't very good. We've been wrong about lineman a lot.

2) Maybe Price just isn't healthy. He was hurt last year and he's been dealing with something this camp.

Or maybe Barron is just being brought on to play on Thursday and not expose either Hopkins or Price to an unnecessary game.

I was never a Price guy. I said at the time the Bengals panicked when the Lions took Ragnow right in front of them. I’m still hoping it works out, but this isn’t a good sign.

This new staff has no loyalty to any of the players they didnt help scout or draft. I doubt they’re benching Price because of politics. It’s simply the other guys outperforming him.

I know I’m asking a stupid question here cause this is Cincinnati, but when does Duke Tobin start feeling the heat? As much as Hobson and the Stockholm segment of the fanbase touts the scouting department, they haven’t been doing a good job of late.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hobs and the brown family say we're spending to the cap already, then we're spending to the cap already.

never doubt the hobs.
ever.

but this fraudulent site says that we're sort of in the middle of the pack with 15 mill space: NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if hobs and the brown family say we're spending to the cap already, then we're spending to the cap already.

never doubt the hobs.
ever.

but this fraudulent site says that we're sort of in the middle of the pack with 15 mill space: NFL Salary Cap Space | Over The Cap

That's money for the AJ Green extension that is now not happening.... At least I hope it's not happening.