• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills re-sign Shawne Merriman

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Guess who's back in Buffalo? Shawne Merriman just agreed to a deal with the Bills. He was brought in for a look today.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer:

Guess who's back in Buffalo? Shawne Merriman just agreed to a deal with the Bills. He was brought in for a look today.

My God - desperation has surfaced in Buffalo. Bak-Man would have been a better choice than Merriman.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My God - desperation has surfaced in Buffalo. Bak-Man would have been a better choice than Merriman.

He has more appeal to them because he already knows much of the scheme having been there before and they need somebody to step in as soon as possible because they lost Mark Anderson for around 9 weeks. If they were to sign somebody else obviously there would be some things that that player could or would offer over what Merriman is able to do, but I'm saying that that's probably one of the reasons why they went back to him instead of another player.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has more appeal to them because he already knows much of the scheme having been there before and they need somebody to step in as soon as possible because they lost Mark Anderson for around 9 weeks. If they were to sign somebody else obviously there would be some things that that player could or would offer over what Merriman is able to do, but I'm saying that that's probably one of the reasons why they went back to him instead of another player.

All true - to that end and to your point he is plug-n-play and the decision just might payoff in spades. The issue with Merriman, however, is and will always be a risk/reward issue. My concerns with Merriman are skill level and injury. Can he still play at a productive/dominate level and can he remain healthy?

I guess we'll find out.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is, Merriman before was due like $4M/year and he totally is NOT worth that much.

Now that he cleared waivers and sat on the street for a couple of weeks can't the Bills bring him back for the league minimum?

I think he's low risk/medium reward for a league minimum salary.