• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: BILLS/PHINS 8:15 PM

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think every single family member and friend would immediately step in and say 'hey, you had a great run but you have sixty more years of your life to worry about and you can always get a job selling insurance'
Not sure about about a great run, other than to the bank?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can trade Kenny Pickett to the dolphins. He’s the rocket arm that dynamic offense needs to replace Tua! I kid, I kid.

Tua absolutely needs to retire. I suspect the NFL will start to assert pressure here because no one wants to see a guy die on the field and Tua has no regard for his own health.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to backpedal a bit here. I made a bit of a joke about things when Tua got concussed and I probably shouldn't have. We've seen that "fencing" thing twice now with him and that is really scary. We see concussions all the time but his have gotten progressively worse and really are hard to watch. I understand that he's only 26 and wants to play but it might be in his best interest if his family can't talk him into accepting it for the league to just step in and take the decision away from him. This is a real bad look and he could literally die on the field if it happens again. We know so little about the brain and there's only so much the neurologists can diagnose. At the very least, they have to shut him down for this season. Just my 2 cents, mind you. But the Dolphins really aren't winning shit anyway so I just don't see the point of risking it.
Of course, the big question now is, where do they go from here. Unlike Brock Purdy, Thompson (ironically picked before Purdy) is a legit 7th round pick for good reason. He can move around a little but he isn't much and the Oline is not good and the defense is banged up and leaky. Maybe Tannehill? Who else is out there? Would any team trade their back-up? Lots of questions to be determined.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua should probably consider retiring to be honest given his many injuries. I would hate for his brain to become mush because of all of the hits he’s taken and I’m afraid that’s where it’s going.

With Tua likely out, will the Fins roll with Thompson or bring in someone new?
They have no choice to bring someone else in. I venture to say the ball boy looks better than Thompson. He looked absolutely brutal. He looked like he never practiced with the team once

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to need to sell insurance folks

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can trade Kenny Pickett to the dolphins. He’s the rocket arm that dynamic offense needs to replace Tua! I kid, I kid.

Tua absolutely needs to retire. I suspect the NFL will start to assert pressure here because no one wants to see a guy die on the field and Tua has no regard for his own health.
He won't...but the Dolphins might decide to move on.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to need to sell insurance folks

Reading that, my guess is him and his agent will likely force the league to make the decision for him. Which the league should do but there will be some push back from Stephen Ross, I would think.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all you need is a Doctor willing to make 10 Million for him to make 114 million.

Sounds easy enough.
Honestly, I suspect most honest doctors would tell Tua he should retire at this point. The challenge for him would be finding one who would tell him it's OK to continue playing, if he really wanted to do that.

But reading that, I think the Dolphins may be screwed cap-wise for years to come, Deshawn Watson contract 2.0 right here?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to retire. 5 concussions in two years, including that debacle last year where he doubled up concussions. He's already going to have CTE issues, and cervical issues. He needs to retire before he hits Seau or Philip Adams territory.

You got a wife and kids, you're set, you don't need to destroy what's left dude.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to retire. 5 concussions in two years, including that debacle last year where he doubled up concussions. He's already going to have CTE issues, and cervical issues. He needs to retire before he hits Seau or Philip Adams territory.

You got a wife and kids, you're set, you don't need to destroy what's left dude.
Send them Russ Wilson for Waddle straight up... Who says no!?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send them Russ Wilson for Waddle straight up... Who says no!?
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to backpedal a bit here. I made a bit of a joke about things when Tua got concussed and I probably shouldn't have. We've seen that "fencing" thing twice now with him and that is really scary. We see concussions all the time but his have gotten progressively worse and really are hard to watch. I understand that he's only 26 and wants to play but it might be in his best interest if his family can't talk him into accepting it for the league to just step in and take the decision away from him. This is a real bad look and he could literally die on the field if it happens again. We know so little about the brain and there's only so much the neurologists can diagnose. At the very least, they have to shut him down for this season. Just my 2 cents, mind you. But the Dolphins really aren't winning shit anyway so I just don't see the point of risking it.
Of course, the big question now is, where do they go from here. Unlike Brock Purdy, Thompson (ironically picked before Purdy) is a legit 7th round pick for good reason. He can move around a little but he isn't much and the Oline is not good and the defense is banged up and leaky. Maybe Tannehill? Who else is out there? Would any team trade their back-up? Lots of questions to be determined.
Don't be scared into not making jokes. Football wasn't intended for political correctness. Not saying you have to intentionally be a dick either.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be scared into not making jokes. Football wasn't intended for political correctness. Not saying you have to intentionally be a dick either.
but even the dicks with ears (clarity for iggloo) deserve an opportunity to learn this game. I think for some here it's a public service kinda thing.

Go Team

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not so much making a joke as I thought what I had said was kinda a dick thing to say, given the situation. I knew he was concussed immediately but I wasn't paying enough attention to see the "fencing posture". Maybe I'm overthinking it but that makes it more serious. At any rate, I just hope the kid will be okay in the real life sense. Football aside. Kind of ironic that Tua got hurt hitting the guy that literally died on the field a couple of years ago. That's some weird shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but even the dicks with ears (clarity for iggloo) deserve an opportunity to learn this game. I think for some here it's a public service kinda thing.

Go Team
Most of you guys who wanna teach the game don’t have much experience since they abandoned the leather helmets.