• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest bullshit calls

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:
It is stupid, you get a penalty for not committing a penalty. makes no since to me.
I like what someone else said on a different thread. If they confirm it was not targeting they should eject the Ref that made the call.
:noidea:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was called for a targeting penalty and ejected after a collision with Texas A&M receiver Derel Walker with under nine minutes to go in the second quarter, but officials reviewed the play and overturned the ejection.

The two collided near the sideline after an incomplete pass from Johnny Manziel, and the players' helmets collided.

By rule, a replay review of a targeting call only can overturn an ejection, but the 15-yard penalty stands.

Rule 9-1, Article 3 (targeting with the crown of the helmet) states: "No player shall target and initiate contact against an opponent with the crown (top) of his helmet. When in question, it is a foul.

Like I said when targeting draws a flag they will not overturn the call. It's a slippery slope. Next, they will have to have reviews on all penalties.

I watched the game again last night and it looks like at full speed that the helmet to helmet hit is what drew the penalty. Once that flag is out the penalty stands. Be thankful the ejection was overturned.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal, you can't overturn penalties, if you do you're going to go down a very slipper slope. You can find a penalty on just about every play, this rule is here so that player don't get ejected for bad calls but you can't over turn the penalty call on the field because you'll be doing that all day long.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully blame the A&M fans for fucking this thread up. It was a perfectly good thread about this new bullshit rule, had absolutely nothing to do with A&M or anyone saying it had an effect on the game, simply talking about the rule itself and how fucked up it is. So it was pretty pointless to come in here with that shit aggie fans.

Just a POV from someone who came in late and read the thread from front to back.

If you blame me for fucking this thread up so be it. The OP is a Bama fan and his post called this play the biggest bullshit call he has ever seen right after the Bama/A&M game. He didn't say that the targeting rule was bad, hell he didn't even mention the targeting rule. He simply called this "biggest bullshit penalty" he has ever seen. If his intent was to complain about the targeting rule, maybe he should have said that.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This call did not affect the outcome of the game. Had Dix been ejected, not that he was big factor, I can understand the bitching. But A&M went 3-and-out after that call.

We had the same personal foul penalty from incidental helmet to helmet contact a couple of years ago that DID affect the outcome of the game but in hindsight, maybe if the team played better they wouldn't be in the position where a bullshit call makes a difference. Hence we have nothing to bitch about.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you blame me for fucking this thread up so be it. The OP is a Bama fan and his post called this play the biggest bullshit call he has ever seen right after the Bama/A&M game. He didn't say that the targeting rule was bad, hell he didn't even mention the targeting rule. He simply called this "biggest bullshit penalty" he has ever seen. If his intent was to complain about the targeting rule, maybe he should have said that.

He also didnt "whine like a little bitch" or "cry about a call that didn't go your way", which is what you posted. He simply stated that it was his opinion this was a bullshit call and got jumped all over. Now clearly he is not the only one seeing as there are posts in this thread who feel the same way, hell I think it was a bullshit call.

Not once did he claim in his Original Post that it changed the outcome or that their were not other plays that deserved warrant or even that it kept A&M in the game at that point, he simply stated it was a bullshit call, but yet you wont let it go. You seem like maybe you want to be right here and clearly there is no right or wrong, he made an opinion based piece that you dont agree with and still want to make it about A&M. And clearly we all know that while Manziel is at A&M, the world revolves around that school and his highness, who can do know wrong.Sarcasm font

My suggestion is take the OP's word for it that it is the worst bullshit call he has ever seen and leave it at that, you wont win and this thread will not drag out another 10 pages with butthurt comments and name calling, all of which we have seen so far.:suds:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game to watch if you had no rooting interest.

Targeting rule is what it is. Needs to be revisited. Makes no sense that the replay official says it wasn't targeting but can't say it wasn't a personal foul.

Might I also say thanks for the entertainment because this thread rules!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the deal, you can't overturn penalties, if you do you're going to go down a very slipper slope. You can find a penalty on just about every play, this rule is here so that player don't get ejected for bad calls but you can't over turn the penalty call on the field because you'll be doing that all day long.

I agree. The next step would be overturning pass interference penalties. Or whether the QB was outside the tackle box. While its nice to get the calls right, I don't want every play to be reviewed to see if any penalties were missed by the refs. I don't have a problem with reviewing the play to see if the ejection should stick.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didnt "whine like a little bitch" or "cry about a call that didn't go your way", which is what you posted. He simply stated that it was his opinion this was a bullshit call and got jumped all over. Now clearly he is not the only one seeing as there are posts in this thread who feel the same way, hell I think it was a bullshit call.

Not once did he claim in his Original Post that it changed the outcome or that their were not other plays that deserved warrant or even that it kept A&M in the game at that point, he simply stated it was a bullshit call, but yet you wont let it go. You seem like maybe you want to be right here and clearly there is no right or wrong, he made an opinion based piece that you dont agree with and still want to make it about A&M. And clearly we all know that while Manziel is at A&M, the world revolves around that school and his highness, who can do know wrong.Sarcasm font

My suggestion is take the OP's word for it that it is the worst bullshit call he has ever seen and leave it at that, you wont win and this thread will not drag out another 10 pages with butthurt comments and name calling, all of which we have seen so far.:suds:

I can't just ll his intent anymore than the official can tell the intent of the DB. All I can go by is the fact that after the game this Bama fan decided that the one thing worth posting about was that call. Not that the win was a good win for Bama, what a great job the tide did on Saturday, or how Saban got his revenge. That sure seemed like a whiney bitch move to me. Thats just what I got when I saw the post.

I'm done with this line of conversation.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't just ll his intent anymore than the official can tell the intent of the DB. All I can go by is the fact that after the game this Bama fan decided that the one thing worth posting about was that call. Not that the win was a good win for Bama, what a great job the tide did on Saturday, or how Saban got his revenge. That sure seemed like a whiney bitch move to me. Thats just what I got when I saw the post.

I'm done with this line of conversation.

Bama wins A LOT... It's not something to brag about when you expect them to win!