• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Pt Spreads

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this off mysfit's link on W/C thread... But thought it would open the door for some specualtion and discussions... anyhow... :noidea:

Link here for more:

Quite obviously, projecting point spreads three months in advance is an imperfect process. You will likely spot inconsistencies or notice mistakes or disagree with some of the lines. If so, feel free to e-mail us at [email protected].

LEGENDS
Michigan 6-2
Nebraska 6-2
Michigan State 6-2
Iowa 5-3
Northwestern 2-6
Minnesota 1-7

LEADERS
Wisconsin 7-1
Ohio State 6-2
Illinois 4-4
Purdue 3-5
Penn State 2-6
Indiana 0-8

WEEK 5
Penn State at Illinois -1
Minnesota at Iowa -13.5
Ohio State at Michigan State -1.5
Wisconsin at Nebraska -4
Indiana at Northwestern -14

WEEK 6
Michigan State -18.5 at Indiana
Nebraska at Ohio State -5
Michigan -7 at Purdue
Illinois at Wisconsin -18
Northwestern at Penn State -8

WEEK 7
Ohio State -21 at Indiana
Iowa at Michigan State -10.5
Northwestern at Minnesota pk
Wisconsin -6.5 at Purdue
Illinois at Michigan -18.5

WEEK 8
Michigan State at Michigan -6.5
Purdue at Ohio State -16.5
Minnesota at Wisconsin -23
Penn State at Iowa -6
Nebraska -9 at Northwestern

WEEK 9
Iowa -1 at Northwestern
Purdue -3.5 at Minnesota
Michigan at Nebraska -3.5
Ohio State -6 at Penn State
Indiana at Illinois -14.5
Michigan State at Wisconsin -7

WEEK 10
Iowa -11.5 at Indiana
Nebraska at Michigan State -2.5
Michigan -14.5 at Minnesota
Illinois at Ohio State -19.5
Penn State at Purdue -3

WEEK 11
Wisconsin -21 at Indiana
Northwestern at Michigan -17.5
Penn State at Nebraska -13.5
Minnesota at Illinois -8.5
Purdue at Iowa -6.5

WEEK 12
Northwestern at Michigan State -16
Iowa at Michigan -14
Minnesota at Nebraska -23
Indiana at Penn State -17.5
Ohio State at Wisconsin -4
Purdue at Illinois -2

WEEK 13
Nebraska -3 at Iowa
Illinois at Northwestern -3
Michigan State -12.5 at Minnesota
Michigan at Ohio State -4
Wisconsin -5 at Penn State
Indiana at Purdue -15.5

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mean about as much as pre season rankings once you get past the first week.

Still, fun to see how vegas perceives us ATM

Still, 6-2 would NOT be terrible with the tie break going to us vs michigan.

Like JJM, I see us having MSU's number. 7-1 w/ a loss @ tOSU is about as good as I see it getting.

Last edited by a moderator:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty reasonable, -13.5 vs Penn Street seems a bit heavy though

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we favored over meech but dogs to sparty

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home and away... big swings....

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU's defense is gonna be just as good or better than tOSU's.

On paper anyway.

DiNardo thinks they're the best looking team in the conference right now and honestly his opinion holds a lot of weight with me.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*They're=MSU not tOSU

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex will beg to differ, msu is light 1 uge DT

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, we are better away

"Holy cow I hate that thought process :mad2: " This is not a reflection on you 1217, but this mentality has got to be corrected. Never in my days have I understood how players or fans could even contemplate such thoughts.

I have heard all the reasons and there is no place like playing in front of your home crowd. Pressure should be there every game, not just in front of your own fans, Pre-game and game day prep, should not make the difference, blue hairs not standing and hollering...well, this is no different today then it was 15-20 years ago... deal with it team..... I know they are our fans but we are playing for much more than their entertainment.

Don't buy into it never have understood it... but somehow it raised its ugly head up and has been a mental disruption rather than a positive.

Hopefully this team is mature enough now to understand what they have to do. I am not saying they are good enough yet, but they should understand what it takes to win here at Nebraska.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was of the opinion we have done better away than home too so I took a look.

With Bo as HC we are 13-6 away (not counting neutral locations) and 23-6 home. 11 of those home were OOC pay to play games so I'm throwing them out.

That means a 1 game differential. Not bad though I don't think Memorial holds any advantage any more either.

What is bad is neutral locations (CCG and bowls) 2-4. Somebody needs to look at that and fix it. My guess is we are atrocious against ranked teams still.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Holy cow I hate that thought process :mad2: " This is not a reflection on you 1217, but this mentality has got to be corrected. Never in my days have I understood how players or fans could even contemplate such thoughts.

I have heard all the reasons and there is no place like playing in front of your home crowd. Pressure should be there every game, not just in front of your own fans, Pre-game and game day prep, should not make the difference, blue hairs not standing and hollering...well, this is no different today then it was 15-20 years ago... deal with it team..... I know they are our fans but we are playing for much more than their entertainment.

Don't buy into it never have understood it... but somehow it raised its ugly head up and has been a mental disruption rather than a positive.

Hopefully this team is mature enough now to understand what they have to do. I am not saying they are good enough yet, but they should understand what it takes to win here at Nebraska.

It's that "us against the world, back against the wall" mentality Bo likes to foster. He needs to quit with that. That stops working after a while. We should be a perennial top 10 team. It's not "us against the world, back against the wall" when you are in the top 10.

It also makes for poor handling of success. This team needs to learn how deal with WINNING. It's tough. There's a lot more distractions.

The whole philosophy of "we like road games better" needs to stop. And Bo is responsible. Your main priority is to protect your house.

Going undefeated at home needs to be a priority. Look at wisconsin's home record. They've lost like 3 at home since Beilima's been there.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect us to go 7-0 at home this season.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to expect. I can see things to get excited about. I see the experience coming back (how can I forget JJM). I see what Martinez is doing. I am really excited about Papuchis but I know our lack of discipline and leadership on the field has been the killer the last feew years and we lost what leaders we had.

I thought the year before last was our year but the inconsistent and undisciplined play cost us.

You can say what you want about how hard it is to go to a new conference and win right away but I think the same thing cost us last year. There was not one team that we should have lost out right to. It was the breakdowns on our part that cost us.

These you can't predict. If we can't get the fundamentals down and get players stepping up in leadership roles I don't predict anything different.

I hate to seem like a naysayer all the time but I haven't seen anything (and can't til fall) to make me think what is killing us has been routed out.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talentwise and schemewise, we will go undefeated.

We can't make mistakes and play discliplined

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but Im pretty sure that a 9-2 Nebraska would not be favored over a 9-2 Iowa in Iowa City the last week of the year ( extrapolating the estimated record of both teams by the spreads being used). Not to say the Huskers wont be better ( they will be, Iowa will be lucky to go 6-6) but if these predictions hold there is no way the Huskers would be favored in that scenario :)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but Im pretty sure that a 9-2 Nebraska would not be favored over a 9-2 Iowa in Iowa City the last week of the year ( extrapolating the estimated record of both teams by the spreads being used). Not to say the Huskers wont be better ( they will be, Iowa will be lucky to go 6-6) but if these predictions hold there is no way the Huskers would be favored in that scenario :)

I can see why you say that but it depends on the teams get to 9-2 too. I hate point spreads past the 1st game.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talentwise and schemewise, we will go undefeated.

We can't make mistakes and play discliplined

the more i see this the more im starting to disagree with it. im beginning to think that our homer-isms are starting to get the best of us when we are evaluating our team's talent....i think we are below the Michigans and tOSUs and even Wisconins, but don't see it behind our Scarlet and Cream glasses.

seriously, who on our team is truly elite talent...think about it for a while.
i think we are just above average talent wise, which is why we have just an above average record of 10-4 every year

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, you are crazy.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more i see this the more im starting to disagree with it. im beginning to think that our homer-isms are starting to get the best of us when we are evaluating our team's talent....i think we are below the Michigans and tOSUs and even Wisconins, but don't see it behind our Scarlet and Cream glasses.

seriously, who on our team is truly elite talent...think about it for a while.
i think we are just above average talent wise, which is why we have just an above average record of 10-4 every year

Yeah but think about last year and which game was lost because we just didn't have the talent to play with them.

I say none of them. USCe was the closest.