• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Sigh heard in Denver

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you'll immediately want to play the rookie.

I guess we will see soon enough. Like I said I am holding off judgment. I have seen Kubiak in the past take a mediocre to very bad QB and turn them into Pro Bowl QB's. Most QB's have seen a major jump in production when they get into his system. Doesn't mean it will happen here with Sanchez but it gives me the smallest sliver of hope that we could see a better Sanchez.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why Fitzpatrick isn't a Bronco right now. Seems to me like the perfect move for both parties.
He wants to be paid like an average starter when he plays more like Brian Hoyer with a horseshoe permanently attached to his rearend. Or in nicer terms- Mark Sanchez. 2nd most INT'able passes (behind... Peyton Manning) thrown in the league, low YPA, below average INT rate (and that's on the fortunate side) and he can in no way stretch the field with his legs or arm.

Bad decisionmaker
Not especially mobile
Helium balls

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still wanting more than $15 million a year. Right now after signing the rookies the Broncos have something like $2 million in cap space. So that should show why. Now given the Broncos did write into DT's contract that they can turn this year's base salary into signing bonus to free up another $10 million or so in cap space but then again that pushes money to other years so no reason to do that. I would also point out that with Fitzpatrick his only success as a QB in this league has been when Chan Gailey has been his coordinator. Otherwise he has been a terrible QB. So really the Jets are his best fit still with the team around him and the offensive system that fits his game well.

I've started to gather that Fitz is not all that gungho about playing anymore so it's his price, or his price apparently.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see soon enough. Like I said I am holding off judgment. I have seen Kubiak in the past take a mediocre to very bad QB and turn them into Pro Bowl QB's. Most QB's have seen a major jump in production when they get into his system. Doesn't mean it will happen here with Sanchez but it gives me the smallest sliver of hope that we could see a better Sanchez.

Sanchez...that ship has sailed I'm afraid.

Maybe he'll keep the seat warm for Lynch a few weeks, but he'll ride out the rest of his NFL days as a backup QB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe he'll keep the seat warm for Lynch a few weeks, but he'll ride out the rest of his NFL days as a backup QB.
Most likely he keeps the same baseline Broncos QB's were playing at last year. His career passer rating is right in line with what Broncos QB's put up last year. Still horrendously bad, but it's not Tyler Palko or a guy off the street bad either.

Mark Sanchez career passer rating: 74.3
Denver Bronco QB's last year: 76.3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to be paid like an average starter when he plays more like Brian Hoyer with a horseshoe permanently attached to his rearend. Or in nicer terms- Mark Sanchez. 2nd most INT'able passes (behind... Peyton Manning) thrown in the league, low YPA, below average INT rate (and that's on the fortunate side) and he can in no way stretch the field with his legs or arm.

Bad decisionmaker
Not especially mobile
Helium balls

I'm not here to champion Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he's much better than you make him out to be. He's certainly head and shoulders above Mark Sanchez.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not here to champion Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he's much better than you make him out to be. He's certainly head and shoulders above Mark Sanchez.
I strongly disagree. I would have him rated pretty similarly to Brian Hoyer if anything.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that could be the worst thing for you guys. Sanchez looks like Kubiak fixed him all year and then he botches it in the first round of the playofs with a crucial pick and an even worse fumble. Good luck.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that could be the worst thing for you guys. Sanchez looks like Kubiak fixed him all year and then he botches it in the first round of the playofs with a crucial pick and an even worse fumble. Good luck.
I doubt that would happen. In 2011 you can argue Denver got very fortunate to even win 8 games with Orton/Tebow and Elway didn't foolishly tie himself to the development of a non-prospect. Same deal with Fitzpatrick (at his pricetag anyway) for that matter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely he keeps the same baseline Broncos QB's were playing at last year. His career passer rating is right in line with what Broncos QB's put up last year. Still horrendously bad, but it's not Tyler Palko or a guy off the street bad either.

Mark Sanchez career passer rating: 74.3
Denver Bronco QB's last year: 76.3

Neither one of these passer ratings will get it done this yr in DEN in terms of winning the DIV...the DEF had an outstanding run LY and should still be pretty good, but QB play has to get better for them to have a shot at defending their title.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither one of these passer ratings will get it done this yr in DEN in terms of winning the DIV...the DEF had an outstanding run LY and should still be pretty good, but QB play has to get better for them to have a shot at defending their title.
Maybe this is my red tinged glasses talking as a Chiefs fan, but I would tend to agree.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that would happen. In 2011 you can argue Denver got very fortunate to even win 8 games with Orton/Tebow and Elway didn't foolishly tie himself to the development of a non-prospect. Same deal with Fitzpatrick (at his pricetag anyway) for that matter.

What?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is my red tinged glasses talking as a Chiefs fan, but I would tend to agree.

The DEF was good on a historical level LY...especially in the playoffs...I'm not suggesting they will be terrible, but imo, it's unrealistic to expect them to repeat that performance...lost 2 key players off the DEF I think, and Ware a yr older...couple that with them being the measuring stick for 16 weeks...tough sledding. QB play has to pickup to offset some of that imo.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly disagree. I would have him rated pretty similarly to Brian Hoyer if anything.

I understand that you disagree. If you consider Fitzpatrick and Hoyer equals, you are certainly in the minority.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that you disagree. If you consider Fitzpatrick and Hoyer equals, you are certainly in the minority.
Definitely would agree that I am in the minority on that one. Pretty adamant about it and am plenty willing to defend it if I have to do so.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said I am keeping a sliver of hope that Kubiak can revive another QB. Jake Plummer went from a high QB Rating while in AZ of 79.6 to 91.2 his first year in Denver with Kubiak.

John Elway before Kubiak only had 2 seasons with more than 19 touchdowns in a season. His last 4 seasons were with Kubiak as his coach and threw for 22 or more every single season. He also saw his highest QB Rating under Kubiak. Joe Flacco had one of his greatest seasons of his career under Kubiak as well jumping from a 73.1 QB Rating the year before to a 91.0 QB Rating the year with kubiak. He also saw his highest Touchdowns for a season under Kubiak. Matt Schaub became a top-10 QB under Kubiak having a QB Rating over 87.2 all but his final season with Kubiak. Since Kubiak has been gone he hasn't had a QB Rating over 76.

This is why I have a sliver of hope that Sanchez could see an uptick in his career with the Broncos compared to his time with Philly or the Jets.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well his best games of his career have happened in the playoffs so actually I would feel better if we made the playoffs and he was playing average as he does seem to show up pretty big in the playoffs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his best games of his career have happened in the playoffs so actually I would feel better if we made the playoffs and he was playing average as he does seem to show up pretty big in the playoffs.

Or at least he did 6-7 years ago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at least he did 6-7 years ago.

Well at this point that is what we have to go off of. Honestly as much as I would love to see the Broncos repeat I don't see it happening. Making the playoffs we definitely stand a very good chance of doing that and anything can happen in the playoffs but to get everything to go right for 2 straight seasons is hard to do.