• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big opportunity now awaits Pacers

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers should do the right thing for both the organization and the kid and call Paul George's 2014-15 season off right now. We don't want to put hope in folks' mind that he could be coming back, like what the Bulls did with Derrick Rose. No need to risk a 24-year-old kid's future after such a catastrophic injury like that.

For the Pacers organization though, George's injury could actually be a blessing in disguise. This will give the team an opportunity to reload and clear some salary. Possibly trade David West by the deadline, who is working on a more-than serviceable contract. When 2015 free agency comes around, this could give us the opportunity to fix our point guard problems (maybe bring in Rondo or Dragic) that have pretty much been in existence ever since Mark Jackson left after our 2000 Finals run.

It is true that George and Stephenson were instrumental during our back-to-back appearances in the conference finals, and we do wish they were still here. However, they were ball-stoppers that significantly limited the production of others around them. Opportunity awaits for the guys that are still here. This is Roy Hibbert's big chance to redeem himself after a poor second half showing. He gets what he wanted. This is his team now. It's on his shoulders to get this team to the Playoffs. Can he bounce back? I think he will. But if not, at least he only has two more years left on his contract.

Among other players with opportunity for a big year include:

• Rodney Stuckey
  • Lavoy Allen
  • George Hill
  • Solomon Hill
  • Damjan Rudez
  • Chris Copeland
  • Donald Sloan
If these guys make good on their opportunity, George won't have to carry the load when he gets back (hopefully to start the 2015-16 NBA season). However, if the players come into training camp feeling sorry for themselves, Vogel should be fired on the spot, because this is an enormous opportunity for everyone. As LeBron said of his homeland of Northeast Ohio - Everything is earned, and nothing is given.

This really could apply to the entire Midwest population.

Built not bought Go Pacers!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers should do the right thing for both the organization and the kid and call Paul George's 2014-15 season off right now. We don't want to put hope in folks' mind that he could be coming back, like what the Bulls did with Derrick Rose. No need to risk a 24-year-old kid's future after such a catastrophic injury like that.

For the Pacers organization though, George's injury could actually be a blessing in disguise. This will give the team an opportunity to reload and clear some salary. Possibly trade David West by the deadline, who is working on a more-than serviceable contract. When 2015 free agency comes around, this could give us the opportunity to fix our point guard problems (maybe bring in Rondo or Dragic) that have pretty much been in existence ever since Mark Jackson left after our 2000 Finals run.

It is true that George and Stephenson were instrumental during our back-to-back appearances in the conference finals, and we do wish they were still here. However, they were ball-stoppers that significantly limited the production of others around them. Opportunity awaits for the guys that are still here. This is Roy Hibbert's big chance to redeem himself after a poor second half showing. He gets what he wanted. This is his team now. It's on his shoulders to get this team to the Playoffs. Can he bounce back? I think he will. But if not, at least he only has two more years left on his contract.

Among other players with opportunity for a big year include:

• Rodney Stuckey
  • Lavoy Allen
  • George Hill
  • Solomon Hill
  • Damjan Rudez
  • Chris Copeland
  • Donald Sloan
If these guys make good on their opportunity, George won't have to carry the load when he gets back (hopefully to start the 2015-16 NBA season). However, if the players come into training camp feeling sorry for themselves, Vogel should be fired on the spot, because this is an enormous opportunity for everyone.

As LeBron said of his homeland of Northeast Ohio - Everything is earned, and nothing is given.

LeBron must never have heard of the draft lotto.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is not really a comparable situation. The Bulls were going to the playoffs and a boost from Rose coming back could have led them to actually contend instead of just appear.

This year's Pacers without George and Stephenson are going to be lucky to sniff the playoffs, even in the East. What percentage of the offense were they. I think saying
However, they were ball-stoppers that significantly limited the production of others around them.
is kind of like trying to shine a turd. I understand you need to stay positive about your team and their chances, but these are about the biggest losses this team could have suffered. I barely even recognize half the names on the list of guys who now have an opportunity.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers need to trade both West AND Hibbert, although Hibbert's value is pretty low.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is odd about this is that the Pacers were barely a .500 team down the stretch with PG and Stevenson.

The Pacers will probably be one of the bottom 5 teams in the NBA but then they'll get a good draft pick and PG back next year and rebound quickly. If your big 3 is Stuckey, West and Hibbert then you are going to struggle.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron must never have heard of the draft lotto.

Dude, you know you just contradicted yourself right? On my other thread, you insisted the lack of playoff experience for Love and Irving meant something, and now you're out to say that a Cleveland championship wouldn't be earned???:scratch:

What is odd about this is that the Pacers were barely a .500 team down the stretch with PG and Stevenson.

The Pacers will probably be one of the bottom 5 teams in the NBA but then they'll get a good draft pick and PG back next year and rebound quickly. If your big 3 is Stuckey, West and Hibbert then you are going to struggle.

There is no big three, this is just a group of players out to prove themselves. If we finish as a bottom five team in the east, then so be it. At least we'll have a good draft, pick, needed cap space, and George coming back the following season. There's nothing to lose this season, and the players need to take that as an opportunity, have a chip on their shoulder, and not feel sorry for themselves.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have to play their ass off just to make the playoffs. And I agree trade West and Hibbert, even if Hib is only worth $5 :laugh3:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep Hibbert because he isnt worth anything and he could potentially get back to where he was. You trade West because he is good but 34.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't it already been concluded that George will miss the entire season?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
QUOTE=HurricaneDij39;5354875]Dude, you know you just contradicted yourself right? On my other thread, you insisted the lack of playoff experience for Love and Irving meant something, and now you're out to say that a Cleveland championship wouldn't be earned???:scratch:

Not what I meant at all.

I meant they didn't really earn the right to 3 of the last 4 #1 picks.
They system in place GAVE THEM to opportunity to win with chances of less then 2 %, and I think 8% in the case of Kyrie.

If they win a championship this or any year, it will be well earned on the court.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Code:
You keep Hibbert because he isnt worth anything and he could potentially get back to where he was. You trade West because he is good but 34.

I'd still move Hibbert because it's clear no one in Indy has any faith in him. A team in search of size would potentially give up young talent to acquire him. At this point I think he's more of a detriment than what you could possibly get from him on the court, and he's a FA after next year anyway. That expiring contract alone makes him valuable to some degree.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers still won't be able to beat the Heat or Cleveland or the Bulls. At the best they are 2nd rate team that can compete with those three, but will not be able to get to the next level

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end of the 12/13 season I really thought Lavoy Allen was about to be a break out player. he should be one to watch this year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end of the 12/13 season I really thought Lavoy Allen was about to be a break out player. he should be one to watch this year.

lol he's awful - no motor whatsoever, absolutely lazy

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marion was smart he'd sign with the Pacers since he has the chance to start for them. He could be more of a factor for them than the Cavs where he'd be riding the bench. He's still a good defender and could put up 13-14ppg on offense. Others would need to step up to help replace George's offensive production.

Don'r write Indy's obituary just yet.