• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big names dropping like flies

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big names already being removed from Florida coaching search - CBSSports.com

How far has Florida fallen that they cannot attract the big names like Stoops, Spurrier, Mullen or Rodriguez?

Spurrier call is pure stupid. He is too old. All those guys have current jobs and games to win. Everybody denies interest until there is a legit offer. There was talk Briles would take the Texas job if offered, but would not interview. Supposedly he didn't want to drag Baylor through that. These things are a huge game of cat and mouse. Few will ever know the truth about how most searches are done at the highest level of CFB

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stoops should take the Florida job.

I love the dude and all, but he needs a change of scenery. He can drop his entire staff and start fresh, no more family allegiance or former player loyalty shit.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stoops should take the Florida job.

I love the dude and all, but he needs a change of scenery. He can drop his entire staff and start fresh, no more family allegiance or former player loyalty shit.

Don't tell Wallace, but I think people should look at his coach. I wonder what Riley could do at a big job

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier call is pure stupid. He is too old. All those guys have current jobs and games to win. Everybody denies interest until there is a legit offer. There was talk Briles would take the Texas job if offered, but would not interview. Supposedly he didn't want to drag Baylor through that. These things are a huge game of cat and mouse. Few will ever know the truth about how most searches are done at the highest level of CFB

Right, which makes me wonder if Foley has already worked out some back door deal with his dream candidate, whomever that might be. It would explain the absurd Christmas timetable.

Or, Foley's just an imbecile.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, which makes me wonder if Foley has already worked out some back door deal with his dream candidate, whomever that might be. It would explain the absurd Christmas timetable.

Or, Foley's just an imbecile.
i think it started about :01 second after the loss to LSU at the swamp

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has already done what he's going to do offers have been made etc.. they just aren't going to announce anything until Christmas. . Which is after the who gives a shit bowl games and before the ones that count. . Which kinda bothers me

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are taking elitest shots like "my have they fallen" it is very relevant. Stoops isn't going anywhere. RR has turned down plenty of high end jobs including Alabama prior to Saban. Spurrier is on the fast track to retirement and wouldn't go anywhere.....and Mullen had a falling out with the higher ups at Florida after already coaching there previously.

Those 4 not going to Florida has nothing to do with "how badly they have fallen." If you are going to make a troll thread at least put some effort into it.

The comment was not " my have they fallen", it was in a question form and meant to elicit comments and conversation. Only someone with an agenda would think otherwise. My comment was relevant in its form. Anyone who knows football would know Spurrier and Mullen were not going to be applicable to this conversation. Speculation as to why Stoops wont go is now due to his brother being at Kentucky and he does not like playing against family members. My personal feeling is he feels safe at OU and doesnt want to start over. As for RR, he is a subpar coach to me and always seems to lose one that he shouldnt. He has never impressed me and frankly I am glad he chose not to come to Bama, he was not the right fit then nor would he be now.

As for Gundy, he is a mediocre coach at best IMO and will not be the answer that Florida is looking for. McElwain is an up and comer but still needs some seasoning to be right for Florida, but he would be a good fit in a few years. I have seen O'leary's name mentioned, but I think he might be too old. Freeze might be a good fit, but again he is relatively too new if i was searching. I would be seeking out a name that has been there but needs a change.

Funny that you sound like the jilted fan in this conversation with the defensive nature of your comments. Closet Gator are we?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell Wallace, but I think people should look at his coach. I wonder what Riley could do at a big job

I can be brutally honest here...

Riley has Bama roots...besides that, He is under-paid at Oregon State and will never get what he deserves here. IF Flo came a knocking, I, if him, would not hesitate to leave and take that job for the mint of cash he would be offered. He has so much experience in the game, well-liked and coaches not with an iron fist, but a love for the game that is unequaled...a players coach. He does it all with only 1-3 star athletes.

Riley would succeed and Florida would thrive again.

In the end, we would welcome him back home in retirement.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I figured Mullen wouldn't make the cut do his relationship with Foley.
2. Rich Rod would be crazy he has a great young QB and the PAC is soooo more laid back then coaching in the SEC.
3. Foley's job is at risk he has to have a home run.

My personal list of inquires would be:

1. Chip Kelly
2. James Franklin
3. Bobby Petrino (fucker can game coach give him the recruits and damn)
4. Art Briles
5. Hugh Freeze
6. Dan Mullen (screw your personal feelings)
7. Kyle Whittingham
8. David Shaw

I'd nail down one of those guys whatever it took.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be brutally honest here...

Riley has Bama roots...besides that, He is under-paid at Oregon State and will never get what he deserves here. IF Flo came a knocking, I, if him, would not hesitate to leave and take that job for the mint of cash he would be offered. He has so much experience in the game, well-liked and coaches not with an iron fist, but a love for the game that is unequaled...a players coach. He does it all with only 1-3 star athletes.

Riley would succeed and Florida would thrive again.

In the end, we would welcome him back home in retirement.

Riley isn't going anywhere he turned down Bama once upon a time and he likes coaching and riding his bike to work. He is a guy that is content and it works.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier wants to retire for Chrissake. HC at UF? lol I figured he'd consider retiring to be on OC to bring up a QB or two.

RichRod? :wtf: I like Mullen but let's face it, he's a B+ and Florida is an A+.

That quote is stupid anyway. Who the fuck doesn't deny being interested in an offer with bowl season a month away? There's just so much fail happening here...I don't know where to start.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice, who are your top 5?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment was not " my have they fallen", it was in a question form and meant to elicit comments and conversation. Only someone with an agenda would think otherwise. My comment was relevant in its form. Anyone who knows football would know Spurrier and Mullen were not going to be applicable to this conversation. Speculation as to why Stoops wont go is now due to his brother being at Kentucky and he does not like playing against family members. My personal feeling is he feels safe at OU and doesnt want to start over. As for RR, he is a subpar coach to me and always seems to lose one that he shouldnt. He has never impressed me and frankly I am glad he chose not to come to Bama, he was not the right fit then nor would he be now.

As for Gundy, he is a mediocre coach at best IMO and will not be the answer that Florida is looking for. McElwain is an up and comer but still needs some seasoning to be right for Florida, but he would be a good fit in a few years. I have seen O'leary's name mentioned, but I think he might be too old. Freeze might be a good fit, but again he is relatively too new if i was searching. I would be seeking out a name that has been there but needs a change.

Funny that you sound like the jilted fan in this conversation with the defensive nature of your comments. Closet Gator are we?

LOL @ an agenda. I'm always a fan of whatever is the opposite of your retarded stances on shit it seems.:rollseyes:

Leave Bama alone!

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronald Wilson Reagan.

I've already answered that in a couple other threads. Kelly or the OC from the Pats or...there's a lot of good meat out there. UF has the money and the ability to draw NC talent. So, the only limitation concern I have is with our dumbfuck AD.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans believing coaches don't lie about leaving a program? :think: