• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Game Jon

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His legend keeps growing. Sadly, he didn't get the win, but this is another great step for Sanchez.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now it's obvious. Robotech is Tito. :-)

Seriously though it pains me to say it (not really, as a Giants fan I'm excited)...Tito was right about Chez.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His legend keeps growing. Sadly, he didn't get the win, but this is another great step for Sanchez.

Ha ha. Hey, I love Cain, too!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito even has a point about that. You gotta figure the Giants will trade an arm for a bat....and they likely will trade an expensive one like Cain or Chez instead of a cheap one like Bum. He wants it to be Cain. That's what he says is behind his bullshit. It's not a totally insane position.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tito even has a point about that. You gotta figure the Giants will trade an arm for a bat....and they likely will trade an expensive one like Cain or Chez instead of a cheap one like Bum. He wants it to be Cain. That's what he says is behind his bullshit. It's not a totally insane position.

No it isn't, but wanting to take Velez over a handful of 20 year old candy corn is insane.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now it's obvious. Robotech is Tito. :-)

Seriously though it pains me to say it (not really, as a Giants fan I'm excited)...Tito was right about Chez.

Not many people ever doubted Tito about Chez. I knew he was talented as all hell, so did a bunch of posters. They just said he had to get his head on straight. He always had a million dollar arm, he just had a ten cent head for awhile. His head is beginning to match his stuff. Personally, I hope he keeps on evolving.

Also, Robo, you can say that about all 3 young pitchers that have taken the mound for the Giants. Nobody knew how they'd respond to the big games and all 3 have answered the bell.....and answered with vigor. Which is a great thing for the Giants :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many people ever doubted Tito about Chez. I knew he was talented as all hell, so did a bunch of posters. They just said he had to get his head on straight. He always had a million dollar arm, he just had a ten cent head for awhile. His head is beginning to match his stuff. Personally, I hope he keeps on evolving.

Also, Robo, you can say that about all 3 young pitchers that have taken the mound for the Giants. Nobody knew how they'd respond to the big games and all 3 have answered the bell.....and answered with vigor. Which is a great thing for the Giants :D

True, and I have faith that MadBum will make it 4 tomorrow night.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is really weird to me. Can't think of anyone who doubted that Sanchez was a talented pitcher with tremendous stuff. Whatever Tito thought, and whenever he thought it, is totally irrelevant. It's like wanting to give credit to Tito for being right about the color of the sky when he says something like "since the the sky is blue, the ocean is yellow".

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really weird to me. Can't think of anyone who doubted that Sanchez was a talented pitcher with tremendous stuff. Whatever Tito thought, and whenever he thought it, is totally irrelevant. It's like wanting to give credit to Tito for being right about the color of the sky when he says something like "since the the sky is blue, the ocean is yellow".

Well, I'll admit to thinking of Chez as a guy with talent but a problem with pressure, or dealing with adversity, headcase, whatever you call it. And until September I (and many others) saw it correctly. Then September, and he finally realizes the potential.

Tito was on his jock all year, and was right, when we all wondered about his inconsistency. gp I'm sure you can dig up some of my comments to that effect on the dumdum board. He's also kind of astute in thinking that perhaps the Giants have to deal one of Cain or Sanchez for a bat, and he posts like he does hoping it's Cain.

So this is to me the instance of actual sanity under Tito's bullshit. That's all I meant.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, I'll admit to thinking of Chez as a guy with talent but a problem with pressure, or dealing with adversity, headcase, whatever you call it. And until September I (and many others) saw it correctly. Then September, and he finally realizes the potential.

Tito was on his jock all year, and was right, when we all wondered about his inconsistency. gp I'm sure you can dig up some of my comments to that effect on the dumdum board. He's also kind of astute in thinking that perhaps the Giants have to deal one of Cain or Sanchez for a bat, and he posts like he does hoping it's Cain.

So this is to me the instance of actual sanity under Tito's bullshit. That's all I meant.

Sanchez has trouble maintaining a proper arm slot - that's 100% of his problem. If his elbow drops his fastball sails, and his slider hangs. Nothing at all to do with pressure, or big games. It's purely about being able to get to a correct position so his arm doesn't get stuck behind him. Rags started working with him on a new position/motion last year, and it's taken until this year for it to become consistent.

BTW, tito is also right that speed and defense are good things to have. And let's not forget fire is hot, and ice is cold.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tito is the broken clock.

I've said Sanchez has been maturing as a pitcher but it's hard to shake the images of all those mental lapses he's had in the past.

He's been nothing but nasty since the Phillies series

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the trade deal, how smart is Sabean now for not trading Sanchez for Cantu or Encarnacion 2 years ago or even this last offseason?

(As far as we know) He resisted to trade Sanchez for a bat.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the trade deal, how smart is Sabean now for not trading Sanchez for Cantu or Encarnacion 2 years ago or even this last offseason?

(As far as we know) He resisted to trade Sanchez for a bat.

Didn't we almost trade Tmmy for Alex Rios? Or was that more rumor than actually an almost-deal?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we almost trade Tmmy for Alex Rios? Or was that more rumor than actually an almost-deal?

All I remember was that it was after his rookie year, before he won the Cy Young. And the next year thinking "THANK GOD" because Rios fell off the face of the Earth.

Plus, I'm always hesitant to say "we almost traded him for him" because we never really know, but from what I remember it was taken pretty seriously.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I remember was that it was after his rookie year, before he won the Cy Young. And the next year thinking "THANK GOD" because Rios fell off the face of the Earth.

Plus, I'm always hesitant to say "we almost traded him for him" because we never really know, but from what I remember it was taken pretty seriously.

He had a nice season for the White Sox this year, but oh my god what a disaster that would have been.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i recall, the alex rios trade fell through because they wanted Cain and the giants wouldnt budge.

So happy they didnt

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed, he demonstrated that all he knows about baseball (more accurately thinks he knows,) is that native spanish speaking players are better than white players. The dumbfuck said that Jiminez should beat Halladay for the cy young, Bautista should beat Hamilton for mvp, and that Howard, Cargo, Pujols, and A-gone are all ahead of Votto for NL mvp.

He also bitched about the lineup today because we can't win without Jose Guillen and Pablo Sandoval. Panda doesn't get to third on the same ball Fontenot hit (and probably doesn't hit it either,) also Fontenot and Ross showed off that they have much better range than Guillen or Panda. I see no reason to start anybody else in their place the rest of the postseason barring injury.

Tito is either completely full of shit and the most elaborate white racist troll pretending to be a Latino racist, or he's just about the dumbest fuck you'll ever meet.