• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ben hurt on final throw......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is hurt. Id imagine it would take a LOT to keep Ben out

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that guy Dom Grady is always hobbling out of games acting like he just took an incoming round from a howitzer only to be back 10 minutes later, just like Ben, the men's room Lothario.
No he just prefers to throws his hands up in agony praying for a flag every time a defender breaths on him, which he usually gets. While Roethlisberger can get slammed to the floor by 1000 pounds of lineman without a call, Cameron Wake could tickle Brady with a feather and there’d be yellow all over the field.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben always plays, I'm not sure why this thread was even started.

"Ben Rothelisberger was severely injured today in a routine boating accident. Ben dove down to unclog fishing line when the motor unexpectedly started and sliced off half of Ben's head. World class surgeons have been doing their best to restore critical brain functions to Ben and a robotic device to aid him in regaining the use of his tongue, throat, and left nostril functions.

When asked about the incident, coach Mike Tomlin says, "We expect Ben to be good to go this week!"

Let's see this is a message board and I was asking a question as to, if folks thought there was an issue w him being in the game at the end. Or if possible, someone thought this was some sort of ploy to give the Chiefs something to game plan for this week.

You know, talking shit

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he just prefers to throws his hands up in agony praying for a flag every time a defender breaths on him, which he usually gets. While Roethlisberger can get slammed to the floor by 1000 pounds of lineman without a call, Cameron Wake could tickle Brady with a feather and there’d be yellow all over the field.

Funny you say that but I have watched every Pats game this year and didn't see one Face. Now i watched Cinci vs Pitt and Ben did that 3 times, waving his hands to the refs looking for a flag

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that but I have watched every Pats game this year and didn't see one Face. Now i watched Cinci vs Pitt and Ben did that 3 times, waving his hands to the refs looking for a flag
lol I only remember once during that game. So you're talking about when Burfuckt headbutted Ben after the play? Like that wasn't a normal reaction from any player in the league?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's minor. I have always been curious to see how far the steelers go with Ben, Brown and Bell healthy

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I only remember once during that game. So you're talking about when Burfuckt headbutted Ben after the play? Like that wasn't a normal reaction from any player in the league?

That was one and there were 2 others. Don't get me wrong , years back Brady would look for a flag quite frequently and maybe he read people making fun of him being soft, so he really hasn't last few years. I was trying to google actual no#s, but only showed how many teams got. One article said that Cam Newton got more roughing the passer calls than both Brady and Ben and then he went crying that he doesn't get the calls. Ben is a tough guy and sometimes extends a play and makes a big play or gets hammered, Brady just chucks it into the ground and lives for the next play. Ben and Gronk are 2 big guys, that get hurt easier when all that weight comes crashing down imo

Great game by the Killer B's and GL this upcoming weekend Face

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one and there were 2 others. Don't get me wrong , years back Brady would look for a flag quite frequently and maybe he read people making fun of him being soft, so he really hasn't last few years. I was trying to google actual no#s, but only showed how many teams got. One article said that Cam Newton got more roughing the passer calls than both Brady and Ben and then he went crying that he doesn't get the calls. Ben is a tough guy and sometimes extends a play and makes a big play or gets hammered, Brady just chucks it into the ground and lives for the next play. Ben and Gronk are 2 big guys, that get hurt easier when all that weight comes crashing down imo

Great game by the Killer B's and GL this upcoming weekend Face
Squeaky wheel always gets the grease right? You hardly ever see Ben bitching unless it is completely warranted. Trust me, I'm just as sick as anyone about Ben's injury drama. But unlike others, it doesn't worry me at all. He would play on a broken ankle if thats what it came down to.

Notice how Ben said nothing about the injury until a reporter asked about the boot?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squeaky wheel always gets the grease right? You hardly ever see Ben bitching unless it is completely warranted. Trust me, I'm just as sick as anyone about Ben's injury drama. But unlike others, it doesn't worry me at all. He would play on a broken ankle if thats what it came down to.

Notice how Ben said nothing about the injury until a reporter asked about the boot?

Hey if its legit and gets your team 15 yards and a first down, why not, so I agree. Your lucky having the best WR in the game, best rb in the game, one of the best QB's just HC is lacking imo, but that's just what I see in limited games. Or maybe the Dick Lebeau vacuum is too big

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one exaggerates their injuries more than Ben Roethlisberger. He milks this shit up. It happened at least 2 or 3 times a season for like the last 10 years. If he twists his ankle, he's got to let all 7 billion people on Earth know he twisted it and its like "a superbad twist you guys but I'm gonna play!"

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if its legit and gets your team 15 yards and a first down, why not, so I agree. Your lucky having the best WR in the game, best rb in the game, one of the best QB's just HC is lacking imo, but that's just what I see in limited games. Or maybe the Dick Lebeau vacuum is too big
Not far off-base with that assessment. Top shelf at virtually every position on offense. Skys the limit when everything is working right. Never really cared for how ill-prepared the team looks at times. Downright frustrating to be honest. So much potential and yet they always find a way to falter. A lot of it falls squarely on Tomlin's shoulders so I understand the acrimony towards him. And I have definitely heaped a lot of blame on him throughout his tenure so far. But I think he will be one of those coaches that really doesn't get the full recognition he deserves until long after he's gone. The numbers don't lie. He joined an elite group when he became only the eighth NFL head coach to win 100 games or more in his first 10 NFL seasons, joining Mike Ditka, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs, John Madden, Mike McCarthy, George Seifert and Don Shula. That's an incredible feat no matter how you look at it (gifted a SB team).

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one exaggerates their injuries more than Ben Roethlisberger. He milks this shit up. It happened at least 2 or 3 times a season for like the last 10 years. If he twists his ankle, he's got to let all 7 billion people on Earth know he twisted it and its like "a superbad twist you guys but I'm gonna play!"
Sounds like Erin Rodgers

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is no Tito Ortiz tho.

:thumb:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben isn't easy to knock down so he ends up getting pulled down when he gets sacked. Its typically a slow process and usually happens with multiple bodies laying on the ground around him. Guys hit him low a lot in the process so all things considered, its always a knee or ankle for him and on some occasions, a Buick windshield to the face.

I don't think he is soft. I just think this is what happens when you are a Sasquatch playing QB in the NFL and you don't fall over as easily as most NFL QBs. He always comes back from injury earlier than expected or plays injured.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few hours ago, a friend of mine was taking a nature walk in the woods and actually crossed paths with Ben and took a video with his phone. He said he didn't notice Ben limping at all so I imagine he will be ready to go next week? See for yourself...

giphy.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gives here?

Ben Roethlisberger in walking boot after win, vows to play vs. Chiefs next Sunday

With the game in hand, there was no reason for Big Ben to be on the field late against the Dolphins

Ben Roethlisberger had a fine afternoon against the Dolphins, doing his part to help the Steelers to an easy 30-12 wild-card playoff win. But for reasons that seemed curious at the time and even more so now in light of this latest development, Roethlisberger, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown were all in the game late into the fourth quarter even though the game had long been decided.

Good news: Roethlisberger promises to play!

Bad news: It didn't have to happen. You could make the argument that backup Landry Jones should have been in for the final 15 minutes but on three occasions -- at the 11:24 mark, the 5:57 mark and the 15-second mark, Big Ben was out there.

And while Roethlisberger says he'll play next Sunday against the Chiefs, if he's not 100 percent there's no one to blame but the coaching staff.

Or as our colleague John Breech said more bluntly to us during the fourth quarter, "If Ben, Brown or Bell gets hurt, Tomlin should be fired."

Terry Bradshaw would no doubt love that.

Tomlin takes the most blame...should not have been in there. Haley shares some imo...why are you bothering to pass at that point the game is over...a punt won't hurt. Ben shares some too...I understand instincts take over, but at the 1st sign of trouble that ball should have been thrown away...climbing the pocket to make a play...at that stage? C'mon Ben.

I'm a 70s era Steeler fan 1st and foremost but Bradshaw clearly has a disconnect with the Steelers...even if that's how you feel which is fine...you don't put that in the media like that...no reason for it, nothing to gain.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin takes the most blame...should not have been in there. Haley shares some imo...why are you bothering to pass at that point the game is over...a punt won't hurt. Ben shares some too...I understand instincts take over, but at the 1st sign of trouble that ball should have been thrown away...climbing the pocket to make a play...at that stage? C'mon Ben.

I'm a 70s era Steeler fan 1st and foremost but Bradshaw clearly has a disconnect with the Steelers...even if that's how you feel which is fine...you don't put that in the media like that...no reason for it, nothing to gain.

true you can't leave your QB up nicely late in game with there is a Suh in the game. GB had Rodgers throwing late in game too, weird , you'd figure teams would learn with Carr getting injured late, up big. Either team loses QB, season is over. Dallas might be the only team to recover with a healthy Romo as backup