• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 not going to blink..Or expand

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, actually the more I look at it, I'm not sure if UVA gives the Big 10 much in the grand scheme of things. Marylad is their entry point into the DC market.

Well, I doubt any of us will be proven right/wrong anytime soon, but fun to theorize.

I believe you get to charge 2-3x the amount for your network if your league has a school in that state. Virginia is #12 in population with over 8 million, so there is an obvious value there. I do think that the Big 10 would want to up competition though. They recently pulled to money grabs, so adding a 3rd in a row seems a bit distasteful. It may work with a Virginia/UNC combo, though I can not see anyone pursuing UNC until the allegations are cleaned up

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is, nobody is going to do anything for at least another 20 years. If the Big 12 was so unstable as some of the pundits seem to think, it would have folded already. Instead, the Big 12 has a very lucrative TV contract and is going strong.
-
Well the GOR ends in 2017, so in theory there is nothing stopping a new round of realignment happening in 2017.

My bad it is 2025. Missed that they extended it 6 yrs, not signed a 6 year deal

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever made chili with that OU suks beer? It comes out really good.

beer_60481.jpg

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you get to charge 2-3x the amount for your network if your league has a school in that state. Virginia is #12 in population with over 8 million, so there is an obvious value there. I do think that the Big 10 would want to up competition though. They recently pulled to money grabs, so adding a 3rd in a row seems a bit distasteful. It may work with a Virginia/UNC combo, though I can not see anyone pursuing UNC until the allegations are cleaned up

Swofford, Mr UNC, is the guy who negotiated our subpar TV contract. I think Chapel Hill would be set aflame if UNC attempted to leave the conference.

Honestly only think UNC or UVA leave the conference if it is clear that the conference is, in fact, going to die. I sincerely doubt they would be the ones to jump and cause the demise.

Read an interesting article that states that these networks may only be a temporary financial boon anyway. As technology slowly shifts away from cable tv and more into an ala carte type of programming, there is no guarantee that Big 10 network or SEC network get embedded into television packages. Guess we'll see, but thought it was an interesting point.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B12 should just add two more schools an be done with it. Add BYU (great add) and Cincy (horrible add) an be done with it. That way Texas keeps the power it wants (it won't get that anywhere else) and this conference has at least a stable outlook.

Divisions:
East: Cincy, Iowa State, K-State, Oklahoma, Okie State and WVU
West: Baylor, BYU, Kansas, TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech

Play 9 conference games with one protected game every year example RRS, KU-KST and at least 2 garunteed games in Texas every year for the East folk.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B12 should just add two more schools an be done with it. Add BYU (great add) and Cincy (horrible add) an be done with it. That way Texas keeps the power it wants (it won't get that anywhere else) and this conference has at least a stable outlook.

Divisions:
East: Cincy, Iowa State, K-State, Oklahoma, Okie State and WVU
West: Baylor, BYU, Kansas, TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech

Play 9 conference games with one protected game every year example RRS, KU-KST and at least 2 garunteed games in Texas every year for the East folk.

I'd rather add colorado state than Cincy. Big state school, room to really grow, and they're decent recently. Also i want 8 conference games, and everybody go out and schedule your rival yearly.

West Virginia/pitt
Texas/a&m
ou/nebraska
KU/mizzou
Colorado state/colorado
BYU/Utah
TCU/SMU
Iowa/Iowa state

the other 4 schools have to schedule a P5, so does TCU since their rival isn't one.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather add colorado state than Cincy. Big state school, room to really grow, and they're decent recently. Also i want 8 conference games, and everybody go out and schedule your rival yearly.

West Virginia/pitt
Texas/a&m
ou/nebraska

KU/mizzou
Colorado state/colorado
BYU/Utah
TCU/SMU
Iowa/Iowa state

the other 4 schools have to schedule a P5, so does TCU since their rival isn't one.

I like this idea and the bold especially

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 needs the boost in competitive teams in the conference. Now, there needs to be some more changes to college football like NO rankings until after the 3rd or 4th week. Too many established teams are opening up the season playing powder puff teams. Make the system where everything counts from week one. And no more automatic high ranking based solely on last year's performance and the quantity of returning starters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas - Independent
Oklahoma - SEC
Kansas - Big 10
Iowa St - MAC
Oklahoma St - AAC
W. Virginia - AAC
Kansas St - CUSA
Texas Tech - CUSA
Baylor - Mountain West
TCU - Mountain West

So the B1G gets stuck with Kansas. Great for basketball, but absolute shit for football lol. I wouldnt mind seeing Texas or TCU and Oklahoma come to the B1G.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the B1G gets stuck with Kansas. Great for basketball, but absolute shit for football lol. I wouldnt mind seeing Texas or TCU and Oklahoma come to the B1G.

Yeah, its like adding Maryland and Rutgers except you get a great basketball program.