• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Game: Knowshon or Marshawn?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been well documented that Marshawn Lynch is the focal point of the Seahawks offense and not nearly as much press is given to Knowshon Moreno. It's understandable that the Broncos are a passing team and it's all about Manning, but I see the running back play as being a HUGE part toward the outcome of this game.

Marshawn is incredible at getting the extra yards and wearing defenses down, but Moreno has had a pretty spectacular year as well. The way opposing fans and the media describe Lynch, you would think he's 6'3" and 250 pounds of pure bulldozer. Lynch and Moreno are both 5'11" and Moreno outweighs Lynch by 5 pounds at 220. Moreno has shown power and determination to get the extra yards this year and I believe he's much more dynamic catching passes out of the backfield. The dude is running with every bit as much determination to get the extra yards as Lynch. Of course, he's done all of that while being a part of the most potent passing offense in the history of the NFL.

Marshawn Lynch: 1257 yds rushing - 12 tds
Knowshon Moreno: 1038 yds rushing - 10 tds

Marshawn Lynch: 316 yds receiving - 2 tds
Knowshon Moreno: 548 yds receiving - 3 tds

Marshawn Lynch: 1573 yds from scrimmage - 14 tds
Knowshon Moreno: 1586 yds from scrimmage - 13 tds

My experience as a fan tells me that when the story is all about a passing offense (Broncos) and a running offense (Seahawks), the reality often comes out very differently. Look for Moreno (and Ball!) to have a big day as Peyton audibles into runs, when he sees a weak defensive front. I think Knowshon is ready! Go Broncos!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been well documented that Marshawn Lynch is the focal point of the Seahawks offense and not nearly as much press is given to Knowshon Moreno. It's understandable that the Broncos are a passing team and it's all about Manning, but I see the running back play as being a HUGE part toward the outcome of this game.

Marshawn is incredible at getting the extra yards and wearing defenses down, but Moreno has had a pretty spectacular year as well. The way opposing fans and the media describe Lynch, you would think he's 6'3" and 250 pounds of pure bulldozer. Lynch and Moreno are both 5'11" and Moreno outweighs Lynch by 5 pounds at 220. Moreno has shown power and determination to get the extra yards this year and I believe he's much more dynamic catching passes out of the backfield. The dude is running with every bit as much determination to get the extra yards as Lynch. Of course, he's done all of that while being a part of the most potent passing offense in the history of the NFL.

My experience as a fan tells me that when the story is all about a passing offense (Broncos) and a running offense (Seahawks), the reality often comes out very differently. Look for Moreno (and Ball!) to have a big day as Peyton audibles into runs, when he sees a weak defensive front. I think Knowshon is ready! Go Broncos!

MH64

You make some good points that explain why Lynch is much more in the spotlight than Moreno, despite, as you show, that both have been about equally productive. I definitely think that the right team wins if Moreno is the correct answer to the question your thread title asks.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post those stats on the Seattle board. I`am sure most would be shocked to know that Lynch isn`t the most productive rb playing Sunday. Have feeling some thoughts would be.." Holy crap!" " Now besides Manning and all those wr weapons they have a better all purpose back to boot?" " Were in big trouble!":whistle:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post those stats on the Seattle board. I`am sure most would be shocked to know that Lynch isn`t the most productive rb playing Sunday. Have feeling some thoughts would be.." Holy crap!" " Now besides Manning and all those wr weapons they have a better all purpose back to boot?" " Were in big trouble!":whistle:
Good luck..I tried that on the general board with stats, (not with these particular stats) ..their answer ??? "wait until sunday and you will see", and a bunch of name calling of course.... none of them had a single cogent answer for it though. I also think that postseason defensive stats are incredibly disappointing for them as well. Their answer to that ? the seahawks played much tougher offenses in the postseason than Denver did....hahaha...really ?? san fran was rated 24th on the season, only slightly worse than the seahawks themselves at 17.

They remind me of charger fans from years ago..." well,well, we're just better....um..... because we say so"

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to bet on it, I think I would put money on Knowshon to have more AP yards on Sunday. (Not by much though). I believe our D will keep Marshawn in check for most of the day, and Russell Wilson will have to do a little more than what he has been asked to do for most of the season. On the flip side, our offensive weapons will spread the defense out, giving Knowshon room to operate, with an outside shot to even dominate. The game plan will be ball control, to give the defense ample time to rest. At least, that's my game plan. Haha.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's important to note that the stats I listed for these running backs are regular season only. Seattle has pounded the ball more in the postseason than the Broncos. I was curious how the teams stacked up on all rushing yards in the regular and post seasons. Here's how it shakes out:

Seattle: 2,477 rushing yards 17 touchdowns
Denver: 2,113 rushing yards 17 touchdowns

Again, a little surprising that the gap between Seattle's "run-first" offense and Denver's rushing game is not all that big. Throw in Denver's passing game and there is a GIGANTIC disparity from the Broncos offensive machine than the output of Seattle. Go Broncos!!

MH64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think most of us Seahawks fans including myself, when we think about the Broncos, tend to get tunnel vision about Peyton Manning and the Broncos passing game; but I think that most of us ALSO regard Knowshon Moreno as a very good RB.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos can contain Lynch, it's game over for the Seahawks. Their passing game has been anemic of late and I don't know if the addition of Harvin will make much of a difference. With that said, stopping Lynch won't be easy. Carroll will be very patient and willing to pound the ball with Lynch and wear down the Denver front D line.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MH64

Lynch also had 60 more attempts in the regular season than Moreno, and Moreno still had a slightly better YPC at 4.3.

Also, Montee Ball is a scoring threat in goal line situatios with 4 TDs ( including a 2 TD game against the Chiefs)a good short yardage back, and if you add his production of 559 yards, 4 TDs and a whopping 4.7 YPC, Denver technically has the more potent running attack.