• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Show on TV Right Now

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mysteries of the Abandoned is pretty damn good.

It's not crumby fiction though, so most everyone shouldn't bother.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone catch the new Bob's Burgers? That animation was distracting as hell. I hated it.

The story seemed good and funny if you were just listening to it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people need to watch You're The Worst on FXX. Been with it from the start. It's fantastic

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people need to watch You're The Worst on FXX. Been with it from the start. It's fantastic
It has gotten better, but it got WAY too serious the last couple seasons.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first season on FX was absolute Gold. Hilarious! Then it moved to FXX and I couldn't watch it due to FXX not being in my TV bundle. This summer they aired seasons two and three and I got caught back up. Those seasons fucking sucked. Dark and depressing. Where did the comedy go? I watched the premiere for season 4 and pulled the plug.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first season on FX was absolute Gold. Hilarious! Then it moved to FXX and I couldn't watch it due to FXX not being in my TV bundle. This summer they aired seasons two and three and I got caught back up. Those seasons fucking sucked. Dark and depressing. Where did the comedy go? I watched the premiere for season 4 and pulled the plug.
S4 is still slightly too serious, but it is no longer trying to be a documentary about mental illness and is again trying to be a comedy about a bunch of fucked up people who happen to be severely mentally fucked up.

Not as good as S1, but miles ahead of S2 and S3.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that though. It's more tragic comedy than just straight jokes. They've also done an excellent job developing characters, which is something you rarely see for any kind of comedy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that though. It's more tragic comedy than just straight jokes. They've also done an excellent job developing characters, which is something you rarely see for any kind of comedy.
But it completely abandoned its funny bone for 2 years.

S1 was hillarious because it was just so “bad”. Then in S2, it go into Gretchen’s depression and it was no longer funny.

S3 dealt with Jimmy’s daddy issues and Edgers PTSD. While there were some good dramatic episodes, there just weren’t any laughs.

Now, in S4, it has finally taken the stick out of its ass, and it is somewhat funny again. I am a bit worried that it is just getting ready to have another Jimmy breakdown or something, though. Please just let them be self destructive and be wrong.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they go RIGHT back to serious, laughless garbage. I jinxed it.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best show was Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. It had great humor and, although it leaned conservative, always gave full open door to the moderate left, especially from the black perspective. #2 sitcom on TV, yet ABC cancelled it 'cuz it portrayed conservatives in too good a light.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best show was Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. It had great humor and, although it leaned conservative, always gave full open door to the moderate left, especially from the black perspective. #2 sitcom on TV, yet ABC cancelled it 'cuz it portrayed conservatives in too good a light.
I gave it 3 episodes, but it looked like shit to me. It was like watching home improvement, but with daughters instead of sons. And when I say like Home Improvement, I mean transport the same show 20 years later with no growth, it felt terribly dated. I say that as someone who enjoyed home improvement when it was on.

It was pulled because ABC aired it and Fox produced it and the costs where very high for what it was (partly due to Allen's salary).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any answer besides Rick and Morty is invalid.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2 sitcom on ABC, not all TV

Plus it was entering its 7th season meaning that Allen (and others) would get to renegotiate their contracts making the show even less profitable.

That show on any other night except Friday would get destroyed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After it got cancelled, I decided to attempt to binge it on Hulu or Netflix (forget which had it). I could not get through the pilot. Of course, I typically can’t stand family sitcoms, so it is probably moreso the genre than the specific show.

That said, I have heard a lot of good things about the show.