• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best part of the Harbaugh Era...

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then being relevant again, I would say it was owning the Packers and knocking them outta the playoffs twice, was great revenge after the hell they put us through in the 90's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
simply winning more games than we lost, after such a LONG draught (8 years).
Not only were we losing, but losing badly, especially the 2004, 2005, and 2006 area. So GREAT to get back to a winning team.

reaching the NFC championship games (and super bowl) SO QUICKLY, was gravy.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simply winning more games than we lost, after such a LONG draught (8 years).
Not only were we losing, but losing badly, especially the 2004, 2005, and 2006 area. So GREAT to get back to a winning team.

reaching the NFC championship games (and super bowl) SO QUICKLY, was gravy.

Totally agree with this. My thoughts exactly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then being relevant again, I would say it was owning the Packers and knocking them outta the playoffs twice, was great revenge after the hell they put us through in the 90's.

Interesting. The Packers did own us there for awhile but it was hard for me to savor revenge. Class organization with all the 49er ties. We did get them in the playoffs once with the TO catch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to the Super Bowl after sucking for so many years. I give a lot of credit to Harbaugh. It will be sad to see him leave but he is the one that wants to leave. Go coach the raiders, he will never make the playoffs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Super Bowl run. Running all over GB, coming back against Atlanta on the road, and nearly mounting a great Super Bowl comeback made it one helluva ride even though it ended in disappointment. Too bad we lost to two of the most despicable people to play in the NFL in Ray Lewis and Ray Rice, but sometimes the bad guys win.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was just having an interesting season. Just being the the conversation and having a chance to win was nice. After all those years of disgust, it was fun to actually be a team people were afraid of and despite all the negativity, the media talking about us constantly was fun. Getting to watch them beats the Saints and Packers at the Stick live in the playoffs was awesome. Best two games I've ever been too obviously and it kind of sucks this era is over.

Not sure what will happen without Harbaugh, but it was a fun 3 years. If only we get 5 more yards in the Super Bowl. Damn.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me the best parts of the Harbaugh era were showing the world just how awful of a head coach Mike Singletary is and the sideline antics that Harbaugh brought. Very entertaining, great coach, and the perfect nemesis to Pete Carroll. It'll be sad to see him go.

You all would be better served to resign him and give Baalke the boot

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me the best parts of the Harbaugh era were showing the world just how awful of a head coach Mike Singletary is and the sideline antics that Harbaugh brought. Very entertaining, great coach, and the perfect nemesis to Pete Carroll. It'll be sad to see him go.

You all would be better served to resign him and give Baalke the boot

I'm not sure about that, but Baalke probably deserves a little more criticism. Harbaugh's a good coach and I think he is being treated unfairly.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about that, but Baalke probably deserves a little more criticism. Harbaugh's a good coach and I think he is being treated unfairly.

Harbaugh's a great coach and deserves all the accolades, but something is not right between him and the front office. It's hard to continue success when there's so much friction going on. I think going to the Super Bowl was the highlight of his tenure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's a great coach and deserves all the accolades, but something is not right between him and the front office. It's hard to continue success when there's so much friction going on. I think going to the Super Bowl was the highlight of his tenure.

Harbaugh wants more control and York and not going to give that because that means some what demoting Baalke and I don't like that. Baalke has built a great team with a lot of young talent.

I will miss Harbaugh but Baalke at this point means more. I like how he drafts and who he brings in to replace players in the FA market. I wish he would hit an Home run in the FA class one time but he is more conservative. Landing revis would of been great.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does anyone think (other than me) that there is still a slight chance that Harbaugh remains and gets an extension?

Am I dreaming?

10+ years of dick suckage under Erickson, Nolan and Singletary, and 4 years of success and now we have to blow it up after finding a good head coach?

Usually when this kind of regression happens, the OC gets the axe and the head coach gets another chance. Look how crappy the Jets got and Rex Ryan is getting chance after chance. He never made it past the AFC championship game with Sanchize and he had many years after that.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone think (other than me) that there is still a slight chance that Harbaugh remains and gets an extension?

Am I dreaming?

10+ years of dick suckage under Erickson, Nolan and Singletary, and 4 years of success and now we have to blow it up after finding a good head coach?

Usually when this kind of regression happens, the OC gets the axe and the head coach gets another chance. Look how crappy the Jets got and Rex Ryan is getting chance after chance. He never made it past the AFC championship game with Sanchize and he had many years after that.

Sometimes change is needed by both parties... If both parties can't co-exist now, more time will just make it worse

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Harbaugh to leave (I think there is a good portion of fans that would prefer him to stay) but I think everyone just know he's going at this point.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to say only with a new OC. I don't want to see Roman back. The guy is really good. He had good running schemes(don't know why we aren't using it this year), but his passing plays and game planning suck.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I dreaming?

I think the issue is that he wants Roman to remain as OC. The front office wants change, but he's loyal to his coaches (which is great). But eventually, he has to leave if he cannot coexist with the front office.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good coaches don't grow on trees. I'd hate to lose Harbaugh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is that he wants Roman to remain as OC. The front office wants change, but he's loyal to his coaches (which is great). But eventually, he has to leave if he cannot coexist with the front office.

If Harbaugh doesn't want to let go of Roman then yes Harbaugh has to leave.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh doesn't want to let go of Roman then yes Harbaugh has to leave.

He has continued to support him unequivocally, which head coaches should do, but if your OC isn't doing the job, you have to cut ties. I don't want Harbaugh to leave, but if wants Roman back, then both should be gone. Can't go through another season with a terrible offense.