• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchups for week 14

who ya got??

• Total voters

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am torn on who to pick for the Steelers/Bengals game. Home game for the Bengals but not sure any team is playing better than the Steelers. I'm leaning Steelers as I think offensively they are just clicking and the Bengals defense just not sure I completely trust them right now. The last great offense they played was the Cardinals and well they got torn apart.

I say when in doubt go for the home field advantage.

The Steelers certainly look good but I'm not completely sold on them just yet...

Let's just say I'm prepared to be disappointed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say when in doubt go for the home field advantage.

The Steelers certainly look good but I'm not completely sold on them just yet...

Let's just say I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Yeah that is usually my rule. The problem I am seeing is the Cincy secondary and just not seeing how they hold up. I also have the rule of if in doubt look at the QB and well I trust Big Ben over Dalton any day of the week even with how Dalton is playing this year. Like I said I could see this one going either way and not being surprised at all.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is usually my rule. The problem I am seeing is the Cincy secondary and just not seeing how they hold up. I also have the rule of if in doubt look at the QB and well I trust Big Ben over Dalton any day of the week even with how Dalton is playing this year. Like I said I could see this one going either way and not being surprised at all.

The Steelers will not be an easy out in the playoffs if they get there, that's for sure.

Particularly if they beat Cinci and Denver. :nod:

Yeah, both of em. . That's it.. That's the ticket...

(This is what two losses in a row will do to your home team)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers will not be an easy out in the playoffs if they get there, that's for sure.

Particularly if they beat Cinci and Denver. :nod:

Yeah, both of em. . That's it.. That's the ticket...

Haha yeah the Pitt game scares me much more than the Cincy game to close out the season. I'll be honest I would not be surprised to see the 5 and 6 seed both win in the Wild Card round. Good chance those teams are the Chiefs and Steelers and honestly not sure there are two teams playing better in the AFC right now.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yeah the Pitt game scares me much more than the Cincy game to close out the season. I'll be honest I would not be surprised to see the 5 and 6 seed both win in the Wild Card round. Good chance those teams are the Chiefs and Steelers and honestly not sure there are two teams playing better in the AFC right now.

Yes both look pretty damm good right, now. You would think at least 1 would upset..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes both look pretty damm good right, now. You would think at least 1 would upset..

Well one of them will get the blessing of playing the Colts/Texans. They will probably be the only team that I will feel comfortable saying "I guarantee they won't win the AFC Championship."

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All interesting games. Last week I picked Seattle at Minnesota, but that was clearly wrong. Guess I'll go with Steelers at Bengals this week. Pittsburgh offense has been impressive recently. They need to crank it up again this week or they might not make the playoffs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are going to upset the Panthers

I also thought that I was going to be in position to retire at 55

damn it
That would require a miracle.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am torn on who to pick for the Steelers/Bengals game. Home game for the Bengals but not sure any team is playing better than the Steelers. I'm leaning Steelers as I think offensively they are just clicking and the Bengals defense just not sure I completely trust them right now. The last great offense they played was the Cardinals and well they got torn apart.

Well...I know who I want to win!!...so I have to pick them to keep any negative mojo off the team...lol.

Seriously, per norm, it really depends on the Steeler OL...If the Steeler OTs can handle the Bengal DEs one on one...Foster can help out Wallace on Atkins...and I like the Steelers chances. Ben is on fire which is why I think Haley will be more inclined to keep up the air attack...I for one would like to see the run game be more of a factor this week to shorten the game and keep the Bengals OFC off the field.

The game means something to Cincy as well, but PIT is the more desperate team...being on the road won't matter much to Ben and the OFC., but stopping the CIN OFC at home worries me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons are going to upset the Panthers

I also thought that I was going to be in position to retire at 55

damn it

Did you find out what went wrong?...I'm right on the cusp of 55 and thst was my goal too!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like the lowly Eagles beating the Patriots at the Razor??
The Eagles lucked out by having a punt 6, pick 6, and a blocked punt that turned into 6. The Falcons have made about 3 turnovers a game during this losing streak and I think Carolina's defense has created the most turnovers in the league so far.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I know who I want to win!!...so I have to pick them to keep any negative mojo off the team...lol.

Seriously, per norm, it really depends on the Steeler OL...If the Steeler OTs can handle the Bengal DEs one on one...Foster can help out Wallace on Atkins...and I like the Steelers chances. Ben is on fire which is why I think Haley will be more inclined to keep up the air attack...I for one would like to see the run game be more of a factor this week to shorten the game and keep the Bengals OFC off the field.

The game means something to Cincy as well, but PIT is the more desperate team...being on the road won't matter much to Ben and the OFC., but stopping the CIN OFC at home worries me.
Agreed. The play of the front 7 is going to dictate this game. Whichever front 7 can pressure the QB effectively and push the OL back is going to have the upper hand. You just can't expect any CB to cover any of these WR's on either team longer than 3-4 seconds. If given time, either QB will pick the defense a part.

Pitt needs this game more. The Bengals are all but assured at least a home playoff game, and most likely the AFCN title. If Pitt loses, it really deals a blow to their playoff hopes and they still have to play Denver.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you find out what went wrong?...I'm right on the cusp of 55 and thst was my goal too!

didn't make enough investments when I should have

getting close though..........................

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't make enough investments when I should have

getting close though..........................

I was just kidding on the how to...I'm screwed for shutting it down in 2 yrs...ain't happening, but 10 I hope is still on track.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The play of the front 7 is going to dictate this game. Whichever front 7 can pressure the QB effectively and push the OL back is going to have the upper hand. You just can't expect any CB to cover any of these WR's on either team longer than 3-4 seconds. If given time, either QB will pick the defense a part.

Pitt needs this game more. The Bengals are all but assured at least a home playoff game, and most likely the AFCN title. If Pitt loses, it really deals a blow to their playoff hopes and they still have to play Denver.

Yep, that's my biggest fear and probably yours as well. That's largely why I wouldn't mid seeing a lower scoring game.

Motivation...definitely a must win for PIT to stay alive and keep pressure on the Jets and KC. I expect PIT to play aggressive. At the same time...CIN can't settle for just being in. ...it's a helluva lot easier to get to the SB game playing from 1 or 2 slot and getting a bye.

Both teams coming off impressive wins last week, confidence has to be pretty high...should be a good contest.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that might make the Vikes/Card game close is the fact that it is a Thursday night game and it is possible Arizona simply doesn't show up.

Otherwise Arizona will rout the Vikes. Vikes will almost certainly be missing 3 of their best defensive players (Harrison Smith, Barr and Joseph) and be starting a CB (Terrance Newman) at safety because they don't have enough healthy safeties on the roster. And the Vikes passing offense has looked like dog crap for a good month now.

The Cards are more than a 7 point fav in every place I have seen and I would still be betting money on them. But it is a Thursday night game and as we have seen those can have really unexpected outcomes as some teams just can't turn around that quick and play well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's my biggest fear and probably yours as well. That's largely why I wouldn't mid seeing a lower scoring game.

Motivation...definitely a must win for PIT to stay alive and keep pressure on the Jets and KC. I expect PIT to play aggressive. At the same time...CIN can't settle for just being in. ...it's a helluva lot easier to get to the SB game playing from 1 or 2 slot and getting a bye.

Both teams coming off impressive wins last week, confidence has to be pretty high...should be a good contest.
I think that a lower scoring game favors CIN, while a higher scoring game favors Pitt.

Also, this is just in: Adam Jones will be out this week with a foot injury. So, that is a big time blow to the secondary. Even more reason why the front 7 will need to have a huge, huge day. This is shaping up to be a big game in Pitt's favor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a lower scoring game favors CIN, while a higher scoring game favors Pitt.

Also, this is just in: Adam Jones will be out this week with a foot injury. So, that is a big time blow to the secondary. Even more reason why the front 7 will need to have a huge, huge day. This is shaping up to be a big game in Pitt's favor.

When you look at the injury report for the Bengals back end...a higher point game does favor PIT, but I'm not too excited about getting into a shootout on the road.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the injury report for the Bengals back end...a higher point game does favor PIT, but I'm not too excited about getting into a shootout on the road.
I just think (and I could be wrong) over the past few years win Cincinnati has been able to beat Pitt the games tend to edge on the lower side of scoring. When Pitt wins, it seems like they are able to score 24-27 or more. The Bengals offense can be a quick strike, but they are not what you would call "explosive" like the Steelers. I think if they can convert long drives, and drain the clock it favors them.

Going to be a good game. Let's hope everyone stays healthy. :suds: