• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Horror Movies You've Ever Seen

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ring
Psycho
Hostel- I wouldn't travel to 3rd world countries because of it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody seen insidious? I heard it was good, was gonna order it on amazon but thought i'd ask y'all first...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody seen insidious? I heard it was good, was gonna order it on amazon but thought i'd ask y'all first...

Insidious was really good, actually. Still haven't seen the second one, bought it, haven't opened it yet :lol:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order:

The Ring
(The original) Halloween
Dawn of the Dead (NOT the remake with Ving Rhames)
The Exorcist
Psycho
The Shining

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Blair Witch came out and everyone thought it was real, I watched it and thought it was one of the worst movies ever made... One I did like though was Signs with Mel Gibson

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scariest movie of all-time for me is The Excorcist.............And it should be for everone else too.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scariest movie of all-time for me is The Excorcist.............And it should be for everone else too.

Yeah, gonna have to agree, excellent movie...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Exorcist is still by far the scariest for me.

The original Halloween isn't so much scary as intense, so I'll add that as well.

I can't think of horror film in the past couple of decades that was scary in any way.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scariest movie I've ever seen was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can still remember that feeling I had after watching it. I was like 12, and I just sat there on the floor with my friend and didn't say anything for a few minutes, we were just trying to figure out what the hell we had a just seen. I was absolutely freaked the fuck out.

Scariest and best mean different things to me though. The best horror movies I've seen is Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman and the original Frankenstein.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre was great, have you seen the 4th one? I think it was the 4th one with Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger? Gotta be top 10 worst movies of all time...

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, are you in the Seattle area?

This is weird, but I was just thinking...several of my favorites were made in the Pacific Northwest, at least in part.

The Ring was set in Washington...and they did a pretty amazing job of making the area look spooky. Phantasm was set in Oregon, if memory serves. And the exterior shots of the hotel in The Shining were really the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.

And what's really funny is that the PNW is my favorite region...beautiful, not scary. But you'd never know that from those movies.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scariest movie I've ever seen was Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can still remember that feeling I had after watching it. I was like 12, and I just sat there on the floor with my friend and didn't say anything for a few minutes, we were just trying to figure out what the hell we had a just seen. I was absolutely freaked the fuck out.

Scariest and best mean different things to me though. The best horror movies I've seen is Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman and the original Frankenstein.

yeah, the only reason i ever watch a horror film is for the scary factor, which is really difficult to pull off for the entire cast and crew.

texas chainsaw was gory and had disturbing imagery, but it wasn't a visceral experience for me. it was a lot better than ridiculous garbage like SAW and the ring and such.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to narrow it down to a favorite. I would say off the top of my head my favorites are:
Holloween - the original of course. The Rob Zombie was enjoyable but not lasting like the original.
28 Days Later - Who doesn't love zombies and this blows Romero's impressive list out IMO.
Saw - Of course Saw just got ridiculous but it was very fresh and different when the first was released.
Friday the 13th Part2 - Again, before the series got ridiculous, Jason with that fucking pillowcase with one eye cut out, before they got a fat dude to play him, just awesome stuff.
Hostel - You have to wonder how much of this really goes on.

Someone said Jaws. I saw Jaws when I was probably 8 and all I could think was "How is anyone buying this fake ass shark?"

I believe the OPs question was the best horror flick. As far as scary movies, there have ever only been 2 that I would say frightened me. When I was a kid they used to play on TV this movie Magic about a vantriloquist who's dummy was alive. He was Chucky before Chucky (the Child's Play series was awful by the way). That movie freaked me out everytime I saw it. I finally watched the whole thing and a movie has never had that affect on me again. The other movie that actually scares me is Outbreak. Monsters and slashers and demons and ghosts really are enjoyable to me but a virus that spreads like wildfire and kills in hours? No sir!!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to narrow it down to a favorite. I would say off the top of my head my favorites are:
Holloween - the original of course. The Rob Zombie was enjoyable but not lasting like the original.
28 Days Later - Who doesn't love zombies and this blows Romero's impressive list out IMO.
Saw - Of course Saw just got ridiculous but it was very fresh and different when the first was released.
Friday the 13th Part2 - Again, before the series got ridiculous, Jason with that fucking pillowcase with one eye cut out, before they got a fat dude to play him, just awesome stuff.
Hostel - You have to wonder how much of this really goes on.

Someone said Jaws. I saw Jaws when I was probably 8 and all I could think was "How is anyone buying this fake ass shark?"

I believe the OPs question was the best horror flick. As far as scary movies, there have ever only been 2 that I would say frightened me. When I was a kid they used to play on TV this movie Magic about a vantriloquist who's dummy was alive. He was Chucky before Chucky (the Child's Play series was awful by the way). That movie freaked me out everytime I saw it. I finally watched the whole thing and a movie has never had that affect on me again. The other movie that actually scares me is Outbreak. Monsters and slashers and demons and ghosts really are enjoyable to me but a virus that spreads like wildfire and kills in hours? No sir!!!!

May I ask what year this would've been?

When Jaws came out, it literally made the entire nation, stop going to the beach. It was a nationwide phenomenon, and I would venture to say, one of the more influential films ever made.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76/77?

I was the same age and I went and saw the movie and couldn't sleep for a year...my bed was a boat and I didn't dare get out of it.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HnYsswh.gif

The Exorcist I and III
That is one of the scariest scenes in a horror movie, IMO. Good call.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was like 8 when Jaws came out and I remember everyone I knew was talking about it, like beardown said it changed the way people acted when they went to the beach...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the scariest scenes in a horror movie, IMO. Good call.

yeah, i agree. that scene freaked me out. actually jumped out of my seat in the theater.

i saw exorcist 3 before seeing the original.