• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best games you've seen live

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the coolest things you've seen in person?

Saw the Red Sox last series at old Tiger Stadium. In one of the games, Nomar Garciaparra had 10 RBI.

My one game at Chavez Ravine, I saw St Louis' Fenando Tatis hit TWO grand slams off Chan Ho Park IN THE SAME INNING - both after walking Mark McGwire to load them up.

Was lucky the Red Sox were playing the Orioles in Cal Ripken's final three games at Camden Yards. (9-11 postponed the series). Best game atmosphere I've ever seen.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to a lot of Braves games.

Some notables:

First game at Turner Field. I was pretty young, so don't remember much about it.

2012 Wild Card Game- I was sitting near the front row and was covering my head trying not to get hit by the things being thrown on the field from higher up after the infield fly call

Chipper Jones breaking the record for most consecutive games with an extra base hit

Last game at Turner Field. It was 2016, the worst season record wise of my lifetime(there actually some pretty cool moments throughout the year and the team had a winning record post All Star Break, which lead to a lot of false hope for 2017). But Julio Teheran and Justin Verlander had a great pitcher's duel, and we won 1-0, and eliminated the Tigers from playoffs on the last day of the regular season. Got to go out on the field for John Smoltz's speech(others had speeches too).

Last season's NLDS Game 2. Folty pitched the best game of his life. This would probably rank as my favorite game if Game 5 didn't happen.

So I guess the 1-0 win over the Tigers on the last day of the season for a 93 loss team at the last game at Turner Field was my favorite(I also got to boo Jimmy Carter from hoity toity seats during that game)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Maddox vs Tom Candiotti in July of 95 at AFC Stadium in Atlanta. The Braves scored the only run in the bottom of the ninth.

The worst was my first game at Comerica after moving to Detroit. The Tigers beat the Yankees 16-0 for the Yankees worst ever road shutout

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen about 10 games at non-Phillies stadiums but the most memorable ones for me were at the Vet or CBP.

Some that stick out:

Bobby Abreu walk off inside the park HR vs the Pirates.

Sunday Night ESPN game against the Mets. Back when Johan Santana was still good I watched him completely unravel in a game where he was cruising. The Mets were up 5-2 in about the 5th inning, he gives up a hit then gets two quick outs. Then he gives up a couple singles and throws a couple balls to Ruiz and the crowd starts getting way into it. He walks Ruiz on 4 pitches to load the bases then throws a couple balls to Jamie Moyer and the crowd is really into it. He ends up walking Moyer to force in a run. Then Victorinio hits a slam. A couple batters later Utley hits one out and Santana is done.

Vet stadium in '81 Pete Rose needs one more hit to tie Stan Musial for most hits by a career National Leaguer. First inning he gets a single to tie the record. Then the next three times up he has a chance to break the record and he strikes out 3 straight times (pretty unusual for a contact hitter like Rose, but Nolan Ryan was the starter). Then the next day mlb went on strike for like 2 months.

As far as visiting players Nolan Ryan was fun to watch, unless it was really hot out (dude threw a lot of pitches to get all those walks and strikeouts). Even though I never saw a no-hitter, you knew there was always a chance. And even in his 40's he didn't seem to change the way he pitched that much. He'd still throw 100 mph. Except in his 40's every now and then he'd be in like the 5th or 6th inning with 10 ks and 2 earned runs and he wouldn't come out the next inning. They'd be like "no big deal, Nolan just threw out his back again. He'll be back soon".

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1978 playoffs games 3 & 4 vs the Royals...game 3 saw George Brett hit 3 homers off Catfish Hunter and Munson hit a 2 run bomb into the bullpen in Death Valley off Doug Bird. 6-5 win...Game 4, Nettles & White hit solo homers off Dennis Leonard...Guidry locks down the 2-1 win and off to the WS....Ran on to the field, grabbed some Yankee stadium grass, planted in my backyard....good times

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the last game in the King Dome, Griffey hit a home run in mythical Griffey fashion. That one always stands out to me.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Josh Beckett toss a no-no against the Phillies.

Also, I remember being at two games during this series.

06bonds.600.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson: The good son returns home

sat in the OF bleachers with 5 friends, near the monster.

1151580532_7749.jpg

that was a fun day. sox beat pedro up pretty good that day, but fenway rose to their feet as he left the mound.

he was actually pitching well before this game. 4 games of 10+ k's. was at 7-3 with a 3.01 ERA coming in. he missed the next month, went 2-5 with a 7.84 ERA (.857 OPS against) the rest of the way and that was about it.