• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best front 7 in the NFL...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a toss up between Buffalo and St Louis to me.
Agree, I 'd go St Loius, but I got watch those scary assholes on a regular basis, hardly ever get to see the Bills here on the west coast.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you pick as the best front 7 on D in the NFL is???

View attachment 17259 On a recent edition of the Move The Sticks Podcast, NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah polled seven league sources to find out which team boasts the NFL's strongest front seven.

The Bills garnered three votes while the Ravens, Panthers, Rams and Dolphins received one vote apiece. The Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs and Eaglesearned honorable mention.

I choose the Ravens for a few reasons...between book ends Suggs and Dumervil and DL Br.Williams (who had a higher pff score then Ngata on the field last year) and sophomore Timmy Jernigan the Ravens will be formidable. At LB with returning second year man and pro bowler CJ Mosley Darrell Williams run stopper Upshaw the front 7 is formidable. Add Carl Davis (rookie draft pick who played fantastic in OTA's) Upside of Urban and Kapron Lewis-Moore and the Ravens should be chasing QB's all over the field.

Additions in the secondary will help the front 7 make an impact:
Add a healthy full year with Will Hill at Safety the trade for Safety Kendrick Lewis and Arrington (big upgrade from last year) at slot and a healthy Lad Webb and Jimmy Smith should keep the ball in the hands of QBs a little longer.

Ravens front 7 could be #1. Who you picking?

:yes:

Well I'm gonna pick the Ravens for the very insightful reason that has been demonstrated in the scientific approach that has been the mandate of all professionals in the realm of the brainiacs of the NFL hierarchy as it stands...
To break it down for you, I pick the Ravens front 7 because ......"I'm a homer Ravens fan"...Yee Haw
Homer.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I 'd go St Loius, but I got watch those scary assholes on a regular basis, hardly ever get to see the Bills here on the west coast.
I got to watch the Bills win in Detroit, twice, last year. And saw them lose in Detroit in the preseason. Kinda weird.

Prolly saw them 7-8 times. Paid somewhat close attention on account of Da Schwartz. Eager to see what Rex Ryan does up there in his boyhood home.

Didnt see St Louis nearly as much. But was impressed when I did. Lot of great Defense in that division of yours.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care, but the Panthers are probably in the top 3.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have Matt Elam who last year finished out of 87 safeties 78th, Kendrick Lewis who finished 39th in the NFL, Terrance Brooks who finished in the bottom half of the league for a safety grade, and Will Hill who do decent but was a back up most of the year. I would say the CB position is pretty iffy as well considering Webb got burned quite a bit last year and finished in the bottom half of the league for Corners. Smith started out strong but obviously injuries derailed his season. Have to see how he comes back. Beyond them is a ton of question marks so secondary is not looking to be a strength.

Ladarius Webb was injured the whole year from day one starting in training camp. Problem was they couldn't take him off the field bc his back up were on IR. in some instances the Ravens were using the 6th and 7th cb in the playoffs. Not to mention that Jimmy Smith was having his best year yet before he went down with injury.

With Jimmy Smith and a healthy Lad. Webb back there plus Arrington the cb position is very solid for the Ravens. Safety like cb last suffered as a result of a banged up secondary. The Ravens were playing safety's at cb as replacements including Elam,Brooks,and sometimes even Hill.

With that said Will Hill after his suspensions played well very well and Lewis did play well for Houston last year when playing his position.he started with a +4.5 and ended with a +1.6 was rated the 8th best FA.

The Ravens secondary didn't need a lot of upgrade would have been fine with what it had if what it had was on the field. we shall see.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the question but has to be the Patriots and I'm not a homer

They're right there. The Patriots have a devastating defense every year or "elite" as you guys prefer. They were directly responsible for the Super Bowl win last season and made up for pedestrian or downright abysmal play at QB most games but werent able to overcome it every time, the KC debacle being just one example.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams. They got Fairly and Ayers in the offseason. Their secondary and offense has just been too limited

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills, Rams, Panthers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're right there. The Patriots have a devastating defense every year or "elite" as you guys prefer. They were directly responsible for the Super Bowl win last season and made up for pedestrian or downright abysmal play at QB most games but werent able to overcome it every time, the KC debacle being just one example.

Kudos If Pats had a real QB they would prob make it to a playoff game

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who was at said debacle, it looked to me like Brady was looking for Amendola and Gronk quite a bit, but really had a rough time getting the ball to them for various reasons. LaFell did get going, and up to that point, it was a two man show receiving wise for the Pats, IIRC. After that, the Pats passing game diversified quite a bit. Or maybe my recollection is fuzzy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladarius Webb was injured the whole year from day one starting in training camp. Problem was they couldn't take him off the field bc his back up were on IR. in some instances the Ravens were using the 6th and 7th cb in the playoffs. Not to mention that Jimmy Smith was having his best year yet before he went down with injury.

With Jimmy Smith and a healthy Lad. Webb back there plus Arrington the cb position is very solid for the Ravens. Safety like cb last suffered as a result of a banged up secondary. The Ravens were playing safety's at cb as replacements including Elam,Brooks,and sometimes even Hill.

With that said Will Hill after his suspensions played well very well and Lewis did play well for Houston last year when playing his position.he started with a +4.5 and ended with a +1.6 was rated the 8th best FA.

The Ravens secondary didn't need a lot of upgrade would have been fine with what it had if what it had was on the field. we shall see.

Well I guess we will find out soon enough on all of this. I do think the secondary is one of the Ravens biggest weaknesses. Maybe injuries are the biggest reason but even when many of these guys were healthy last year they still were average at best. Every team has a weakness so we will just see what happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm gonna pick the Ravens for the very insightful reason that has been demonstrated in the scientific approach that has been the mandate of all professionals in the realm of the brainiacs of the NFL hierarchy as it stands...
To break it down for you, I pick the Ravens front 7 because ......"I'm a homer Ravens fan"...Yee Haw
Homer.gif
It makes sense. Most are going with who was good last year - and things have changed.
I think the Patriots made some great changes in D-line and have some guys now ready to play, but I haven't seen them play a down yet.....

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Eagles linebacker core just not sure on their DL. Obviously Cox is a beast but the other 2 are question marks for me. Like you said though they could impress as they have some very young potential to be great.

I like the Eagles DLine better then there LBs. Cox is a star, Logan is only good but THornton is a top notch run defender but not a big sack guy. To be a top front 7 they need another star OLB... but they are loaded at ILB.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have the best front 7 when healthy.

Donald, Fairly, Brockers, Long, Quinn, Lauranitis, Ogeltree. That front 7 is ridiculous. They have no secondary (again lol) and no offense, but no doubt that front 7 scares me more than Balts. Balts overall defense scares me more because they actually have decent corners/safeties, but if we could take a front 7 and pair them with Seattle's secondary, I'd take St. Louis. Remember Long was out last year, him coming back along with Fairly to stop the run will be a big boost.

Balt is up there though. Pretty marginal difference.

Don't forget new addition LB Ayers, he is perfect for this team. He is another good pass rusher.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Carolina has the best front seven according to those rankings but their depth is non-existent. I would then give the edge to Seattle for having a better front seven than Baltimore and Buffalo.