• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best front 7 in the NFL...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you pick as the best front 7 on D in the NFL is???

image.jpg On a recent edition of the Move The Sticks Podcast, NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah polled seven league sources to find out which team boasts the NFL's strongest front seven.

The Bills garnered three votes while the Ravens, Panthers, Rams and Dolphins received one vote apiece. The Seahawks, Jets, Chiefs and Eaglesearned honorable mention.

I choose the Ravens for a few reasons...between book ends Suggs and Dumervil and DL Br.Williams (who had a higher pff score then Ngata on the field last year) and sophomore Timmy Jernigan the Ravens will be formidable. At LB with returning second year man and pro bowler CJ Mosley Darrell Williams run stopper Upshaw the front 7 is formidable. Add Carl Davis (rookie draft pick who played fantastic in OTA's) Upside of Urban and Kapron Lewis-Moore and the Ravens should be chasing QB's all over the field.

Additions in the secondary will help the front 7 make an impact:
Add a healthy full year with Will Hill at Safety the trade for Safety Kendrick Lewis and Arrington (big upgrade from last year) at slot and a healthy Lad Webb and Jimmy Smith should keep the ball in the hands of QBs a little longer.

Ravens front 7 could be #1. Who you picking?

:yes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold Front.

Then everyone else.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with the Chiefs. Yeah, it's homer, but...

DeVito-Poe-Bailey.

Ford/Hali-Johnson-Wilson-Houston for LB's. Potentially devastating group when it comes to passrushing. And given how much they are in Nickel, they could be really nightmarish to go against when playing from behind.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with the Chiefs. Yeah, it's homer, but...

DeVito-Poe-Bailey.

Ford/Hali-Johnson-Wilson-Houston for LB's. Potentially devastating group when it comes to passrushing. And given how much they are in Nickel, they could be really nightmarish to go against when playing from behind.

We will be seeing you guys in Baltimore this year gonna be a great one IMO.

How's your secondary looking this year?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the question but has to be the Patriots and I'm not a homer

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams have the best front 7 when healthy.

Donald, Fairly, Brockers, Long, Quinn, Lauranitis, Ogeltree. That front 7 is ridiculous. They have no secondary (again lol) and no offense, but no doubt that front 7 scares me more than Balts. Balts overall defense scares me more because they actually have decent corners/safeties, but if we could take a front 7 and pair them with Seattle's secondary, I'd take St. Louis. Remember Long was out last year, him coming back along with Fairly to stop the run will be a big boost.

Balt is up there though. Pretty marginal difference.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Buffalo. That DL is about as stacked as I have seen in the league for a long time. Linebacker has a couple of question marks but there is a reason they could trade away Kiko Alonso and still feel good about what they have going on. Throw in then having Rex Ryan leading the group I just think they are going to terrorize people.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's your secondary looking this year?
Hopefully more depth. Sean Smith had "elite" coverage numbers, but I would probably say he is a niche player. Similar to how Flowers was a poor fit, Smith is a good fit. If Smith produces like last year, he'll ask for top CB money when he obviously isn't worth it. Opposite of Smith though we have Marcus Peters, Gaines, and Nelson. There's a lot more talent at CB2 than last year where we started Marcus Cooper, Phillip Gaines, and Jamell Flemming. If Peters or Gaines pans out, it can really be a promising group. Nelson is the nickel CB is my guess. If the defense even picks up the takeaways a little from last year's league worst number, the sky is the limit for the defense.

Ron Parker is a centerfielding FS who allows a slower CB like Smith to utilize his height and physicality, kind of takes away Smith's deficiencies- hence the aforementioned niche comment. Not too much tackling from him, but he has some very solid range which is really you want from a FS, anyways. Abdullah was surprisingly effective at SS. Losing Berry sucks, but Abdullah should be competent if he plays like he did last year. Overall, the defense was tops in the AFC (2nd behind Seattle) in PPG, and added Derrick Johnson and DeVito back; I am awfully optimistic for the defense as a whole to do very well.

Ravskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you pick as the best front 7 on D in the NFL is???

View attachment 17259 I choose the Ravens for a few reasons...between book ends Suggs and Dumervil and DL Br.Williams (who had a higher pff score then Ngata on the field last year) and sophomore Timmy Jernigan the Ravens will be formidable. At LB with returning second year man and pro bowler CJ Mosley Darrell Williams run stopper Upshaw the front 7 is formidable. Add Carl Davis (rookie draft pick who played fantastic in OTA's) Upside of Urban and Kapron Lewis-Moore and the Ravens should be chasing QB's all over the field.

Ravens front 7 could be #1. Who you picking?

:yes:

To be honest, I am anxious about Ngata not being there. I know the front seven proved it during Ngata's four game suspension but need to see it over a full season. I am excited though because all the pieces seem to be there this year.

As for the point of the thread, I don't keep up enough but I would put in my homer pick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Donald, Fairly, Brockers, Long, Quinn, Lauranitis, Ogeltree. That front 7 is ridiculous. They have no secondary (again lol) and no offense, but no doubt that front 7 scares me more than Balts. Balts overall defense scares me more because they actually have decent corners/safeties, but if we could take a front 7 and pair them with Seattle's secondary, I'd take St. Louis. Remember Long was out last year, him coming back along with Fairly to stop the run will be a big boost.

U make a good argument and Ogletree SB ridic this year add Long... Can't argue it.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully more depth. Sean Smith had "elite" coverage numbers, but I would probably say he is a niche player. Similar to how Flowers was a poor fit, Smith is a good fit. If Smith produces like last year, he'll ask for top CB money when he obviously isn't worth it. Opposite of Smith though we have Marcus Peters, Gaines, and Nelson. There's a lot more talent at CB2 than last year where we started Marcus Cooper, Phillip Gaines, and Jamell Flemming. If Peters or Gaines pans out, it can really be a promising group. Nelson is the nickel CB is my guess. If the defense even picks up the takeaways a little from last year's league worst number, the sky is the limit for the defense.

Ron Parker is a centerfielding FS who allows a slower CB like Smith to utilize his height and physicality, kind of takes away Smith's deficiencies- hence the aforementioned niche comment. Not too much tackling from him, but he has some very solid range which is really you want from a FS, anyways. Abdullah was surprisingly effective at SS. Losing Berry sucks, but Abdullah should be competent if he plays like he did last year. Overall, the defense was tops in the AFC (2nd behind Seattle) in PPG, and added Derrick Johnson and DeVito back; I am awfully optimistic for the defense as a whole to do very well.
^ yeah that's what I was afraid of...lol... I see them being good real good Dec.20 will be a great game I'm glad it's in Baltimore it's tuff to play in KC. Hopefully we give KC back the beating u guys gave us in Baseball last year. lol...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ yeah that's what I was afraid of...lol... I see them being good real good Dec.20 will be a great game I'm glad it's in Baltimore it's tuff to play in KC. Hopefully we give KC back the beating u guys gave us in Baseball last year. lol...

That was probably the most contentious sweep I can remember. Baltimore played a lot better than a team that deserved to get swept.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably the most contentious sweep I can remember. Baltimore played a lot better than a team that deserved to get swept.
They did a lot wrong too... Terrible at the plate and completely underwhelmed what they are good at... Didn't take KCs pitcher long in the count swung at everything and were outrun,outhit, and out hustled.

Love another chance this year if we can keep the pace through summer.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rams are a good selection.

Interesting that the Eagles got honorable mention. I think we need to see Kiko Alonso at ILB and Brandon Graham as the starting OLB before Philly gets put up there. But Philly may indeed have a strong front 7.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rams are a good selection.

Interesting that the Eagles got honorable mention. I think we need to see Kiko Alonso at ILB and Brandon Graham as the starting OLB before Philly gets put up there. But Philly may indeed have a strong front 7.

I like the Eagles linebacker core just not sure on their DL. Obviously Cox is a beast but the other 2 are question marks for me. Like you said though they could impress as they have some very young potential to be great.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baltimore has decent to good corners when they are healthy. The safeties are garbage.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore has decent to good corners when they are healthy. The safeties are garbage.
Who do you think the safeties are for Baltimore and why garbage?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think the safeties are for Baltimore and why garbage?

Well you have Matt Elam who last year finished out of 87 safeties 78th, Kendrick Lewis who finished 39th in the NFL, Terrance Brooks who finished in the bottom half of the league for a safety grade, and Will Hill who do decent but was a back up most of the year. I would say the CB position is pretty iffy as well considering Webb got burned quite a bit last year and finished in the bottom half of the league for Corners. Smith started out strong but obviously injuries derailed his season. Have to see how he comes back. Beyond them is a ton of question marks so secondary is not looking to be a strength.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to start Kendrick Lewis at one spot. Lewis is decent against the run, but was pretty sub par against the pass last season. And let's be honest, the Ravens weren't losing because they couldn't stop the run. At the other spot you're crossing your fingers and hoping that Will Hill will buck a decades worth of history and keep it together without a suspension or flake out. Hill is pretty decent against the pass, but makes some eye popping lay bad decisions in run support. Neither player is a play maker. Backing them up is Elam, who has been laughingly bad the past two seasons and is a complete bust. The kid you drafted out of FSU last year is a wild card, but IIRC he's coming off of injury.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the "improved cornerbacks" include Arrington who though a decent corner, is going to be lured to the sidelines by any decent offense and be taken advantage of.....