• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Chipotle Mayo?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfirend loves this stuff and I wanted to buy her a bottle for Christmas. I've only ever had it at restaurants. I'm assuming there are companies that prepackage a high quality product.

I'm assuming I won't be able to sample any at the store, maybe if I could find it at a local market though.

Anyone here have any favorites?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Escherichia coli recipe is all the rage right now, and it's something she won't easily forget.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfirend loves this stuff and I wanted to buy her a bottle for Christmas. I've only ever had it at restaurants. I'm assuming there are companies that prepackage a high quality product.

I'm assuming I won't be able to sample any at the store, maybe if I could find it at a local market though.

Anyone here have any favorites?

As a professional Chef, you're better off making it yourself...Chipotles in adobo or Dried Chipotles are readily available and both can be used to make amazing Chipotle mayo as long as you have a food processor, blender or a stick blender...

PLUS she will be VERY impressed that you can cook/make things like this yourself :nod:

If you need a recipe let me know, but its really a "to taste" recipe where you add as much Chipotle to the mayo as you think she'd like. If she loves spicy, you add a lot. If not, you add a little. I'm sure you get the picture :suds:
It really is SO simple!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the dried Chipotles have to be rehydrated before using...Again, let me know if you need some tips...Penzey's spices(for example)has great quality dried Chipotles(which I have and do use myself) but obviously have be used in a sorta different way than a Chipotle in Adobo is...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chipotle Mayo is bomb... But Chipotle Ranch is better IMO.

If you've ever heard of Hickory Farms, they sell a pretty awesome product:
2135709957.jpg

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chipotle in adobos are awesome, but so many people overdo it with them.

A little goes a long way with those bastards.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a professional Chef, you're better off making it yourself...Chipotles in adobo or Dried Chipotles are readily available and both can be used to make amazing Chipotle mayo as long as you have a food processor, blender or a stick blender...

PLUS she will be VERY impressed that you can cook/make things like this yourself :nod:

If you need a recipe let me know, but its really a "to taste" recipe where you add as much Chipotle to the mayo as you think she'd like. If she loves spicy, you add a lot. If not, you add a little. I'm sure you get the picture :suds:
It really is SO simple!!!

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I didn't have a chance to make it running around from house to house before the holidays. I bought some done by Sir Kensington, I heard it was a good one. You gave me a great idea to make some with her some night in the future when her bottle runs out. She'll love that. Thanks!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3