• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best AFC team going into New Season and why?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with the pats, at least until someone else shows they are better. If I took a team other than NE it would e the Colts because of Luck who I have as the best AFC QB.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a feeling you are :boink:

Well, maybe a little....But that is my best guess right now though....That just make it a little sweeter..:D

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to pick the 6 AFC playoff teams, even though it's ludicrous to do at this time, but this is the off season, so;
1.Broncos
2.Ravens
3.Colts
4.Miami
5.Steelers
6.SD or Bengals
honorable mention, Houston, KC, Bills.....:2cents:
i cant argue that at this moment

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3...2...1...

and action...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like lots of teams filled some voids in the draft... I understand it's hard to guesstimate a draft picks value.

Just lookin for inside info from around country about teams. Insight we don't hear everyday nationally.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both the steelers and ravens chose to attack their weaknesses, whose guys work out/>? who knows, maybe both teams get better, and thats even better

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both the steelers and ravens chose to attack their weaknesses, whose guys work out/>? who knows, maybe both teams get better, and thats even better

True.

Most impactful draft pick for the Steelers in your opinion?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Out the gate, I think the easy choice would be Dupree. Our pass rush has been fairly non-existant. A 6'4" 270lb monster that runs 4.5's (42" vertical!) is going to wreak some havoc at some point. I hope sooner rather than later... *cough *cough lookin at you Jarvis Jones!

But I want to say Golson. I think he starts in the slot CB/nickel CB position and turns some heads! The secondary needs to improve on the signs of "life" we saw from last season (INT's). I hope Butler's new defense will be simplified to where they can get the talent on the field quicker.

Who knows!?

What about B'more? What say you?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

I think probably that 2nd round CB Golston, but all their picks was from big school programs from what I understand and the 1st rd OLB Dupree is expected to take Worlids spot since he retired early...
But I like that 5th rd TE's name, Jesse James, he's gotta be good with a name like that, right ?.......:D
Man, I can't wait for some football !!:gaah:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think probably that 2nd round CB Golston, but all their picks was from big school programs from what I understand and the 1st rd OLB Dupree is expected to take Worlids spot since he retired early...
But I like that 5th rd TE's name, Jesse James, he's gotta be good with a name like that, right ?.......:D
Man, I can't wait for some football !!:gaah:
Jesse James is an interesting prospect. Watched him play a couple times. Typical blue collar pick for the Steelers. He has the size, but who knows how he'll translate to the NFL. Seems more like a blocking TE at this point.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out the gate, I think the easy choice would be Dupree. Our pass rush has been fairly non-existant. A 6'4" 270lb monster that runs 4.5's (42" vertical!) is going to wreak some havoc at some point. I hope sooner rather than later... *cough *cough lookin at you Jarvis Jones!

But I want to say Golson. I think he starts in the slot CB/nickel CB position and turns some heads! The secondary needs to improve on the signs of "life" we saw from last season (INT's). I hope Butler's new defense will be simplified to where they can get the talent on the field quicker.

Who knows!?

I say two players Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle both TE's... Maxx is the obvious but Boyle at 6'7" and can move is a real threat and has been playing lights out we are hearing.

Also Perriman is exciting big fast and hopefully can catch of so we are in business. But il tell u this I met Raven left guard KO at a bar in Miami last week and he was pumped about Carl Davis from Iowa... He said he is a beast and thinks could really make an impact along the d-line.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say two players Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle both TE's... Maxx is the obvious but Boyle at 6'7" and can move is a real threat and has been playing lights out we are hearing.

Also Perriman is exciting big fast and hopefully can catch of so we are in business. But il tell u this I met Raven left guard KO at a bar in Miami last week and he was pumped about Carl Davis from Iowa... He said he is a beast and thinks could really make an impact along the d-line.
Never heard of Boyle. But Williams for sure. He is going to be a playmaker.

Perriman is an interesting pick. Loaded with talent but the drop percentage scared a lot of teams away. Ozzie is always smart about his picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see that kid turn into a top 10 WR in the NFL. But as for now, he reminds me of our 3rd Rd pick in Sammie Coates. Scary drop percentage, but big time playmaker.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No homer but it's the Colts for me.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows!?

Yea Maxx was my biggest hopeful in the draft because I don't expect Pitta will make it back to the field for long should he decide to try....And Maxx looks to be a real player...
But Yes, Davis along with Jernigan is expected to make us forget Ngata is what the reports say, but there are a few more high expectations too, LB Za'Darius Smith is envisioned to be the replacement of Pernell McPhee and RB Buck Allen is expected to be Forsett's back up out of the gate.....
I really liked Taliafarro and thought he would be but may the best man win...
A lot to look forward to for sure, let's hope it all goes according to plan....

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.gif

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers......

Why?????

The Killers B's!!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please..really, do write off the Pats. PLEASE!!!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of Boyle. But Williams for sure. He is going to be a playmaker.

Perriman is an interesting pick. Loaded with talent but the drop percentage scared a lot of teams away. Ozzie is always smart about his picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see that kid turn into a top 10 WR in the NFL. But as for now, he reminds me of our 3rd Rd pick in Sammie Coates. Scary drop percentage, but big time playmaker.

True, but you know one or two of those big plays can decide the winner in our games against each other and especially in the playoffs....
Ozzie has not done very well at picking the wr and qb position over the years, but he struck gold with Joe and has gotten somewhat better at the wr position, but as of today, unless Perriman turns out to be a #1, Torrey was the best he has ever done and he was a #2 in most people's eyes...
I do think Perriman is better than Torrey according to reports that I have read and heard....
If we keep talking about this though, I may end up tackling someone today just for the heck of it....:D

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd go with Steelers. They look loaded on offense. Ravens will be right on their heels and you can't count out the Pats, but....I don't see the Pats as the best team in the AFC this year, base on roster talent.

I can't go with the pats either considering they lost pretty much their entire secondary.