• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best 16 teams in the country Version 3.0

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but OSU took them to overtime on their home court when they were healthy. They may be the best overall, but I don't know about heads and shoulders.

Payne played but wasn't healthy. Plus that took a once a year comeback to begin with.

It's not a knock on OSU though. MSU is loaded if healthy and the minutes guys are getting due to injuries is only going to help them.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah. they hadn't been healthy since the 04DEC UNC debacle.
Payne shouldn't have played at all...didn't start...was his last game for the next month. (although he was one of the keys to the win, I remember saying afterward that I admired Payne for possibly sacrificing an NBA career just to beat the Buckeyes.) Appling had cramped legs the whole game. Trice was in bed with the flu. LOL, and Dawson's head was on Saturn. State absolutely fucking DOMINATED that game...was up 17 late in the 2nd half...then absolutely fucking LAID DOWN AND DIED (and almost lost in regulation). Should have been a blowout and everybody knows it. I liked Appling's explanation the best, though: "We kind of let our foot off the gas," Appling said.

lol. yah. kind of.

Shouldn't have played?? Payne was the only reason you won that one. He took over. As for "we took our foot off the gas".. I've never liked that excuse. Points out a mental toughness issue in closing out games as far as I'm concerned.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne played but wasn't healthy. Plus that took a once a year comeback to begin with.

It's not a knock on OSU though. MSU is loaded if healthy and the minutes guys are getting due to injuries is only going to help them.

The comeback of the year was against ND. That game was over and OSU pulled it out.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no...he shouldn't have played...

Shouldn't have played?? Payne was the only reason you won that one. He took over. As for "we took our foot off the gas".. I've never liked that excuse. Points out a mental toughness issue in closing out games as far as I'm concerned.

kid was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (foot sprain) weeks earlier...he begged/demanded that Izzo put him in. Appling led the team with 6 rebounds. LOL at Appling's "gas" interpretation vs your "mental toughness" interpretation...wtf's the difference?

The comeback of the year was against ND. That game was over and OSU pulled it out.

again with the interpretation nonsense?...OSU didn't 'pull anything out.' Down 8 with 50 seconds to go? LOL...ND not only 'lacked mental toughness' - they went full Santa Claus mode.