• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bernier?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours that the Leafs and Flyers are front runners.

Kings want deal done sooner then later

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure of the cap room the Kings have but maybe they would do Briere for Bernier? I know some may think he could get bought out and go there but thats not for sure. This way the Kings if they want him get him

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
two thoughts on this..

1. i would love bernier here, but at the right price. i'd offer no more than read or a combo of a 2nd rounder and mez.

2. hearing the kings are asking for either voracek or couturier. that's just absurd. if they intend on getting any value for him they better be smart. homer could easily come in with an offer sheet and have to give up nothing but a 2nd rounder.

all these high asking prices are just posturing by the kings to drive other teams bids up. in what world is a relatively unproved, young goalie worth the flyers 2nd leading scorer or our stud defensive forward who was a former top 10 pick?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like bernier, but giving up anything valuable for him is rather silly.. a 3.3 mil/year offer sheet and you can get him for a 2nd round pick (kings wouldn't match because then you'd be paying your backup 3.3 mil and you wouldn't be able to trade him for a year).. the kings don't have the cap space to waste it like that.

i dont think briere will accept any trades at this point.. buyout is inevitable and if he gets to UFA he can at least pick where he goes.. location seems to be more important than money to danny and his kids

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two thoughts on this..

1. i would love bernier here, but at the right price. i'd offer no more than read or a combo of a 2nd rounder and mez.

2. hearing the kings are asking for either voracek or couturier. that's just absurd. if they intend on getting any value for him they better be smart. homer could easily come in with an offer sheet and have to give up nothing but a 2nd rounder.

all these high asking prices are just posturing by the kings to drive other teams bids up. in what world is a relatively unproved, young goalie worth the flyers 2nd leading scorer or our stud defensive forward who was a former top 10 pick?

:lol:, where'd you see they were asking for voracek? that's outrageous. couturier i can kind of see because 1. everyone asks for him, and 2. it's at least potential for potential.. the kings brass are a bunch of loony tunes if they think they can get voracek for the rights to a 62 game, backup goalie with potential.

teams are mismanaging the goalie market left and right these days.. vancouver fucked up (and continues to fuck up) with luongo, thinking they can get anything of value for him.. and the kings waited a year too long to get rid of bernier and demand a good return for him.. nobody is going to give them value when an offer sheet can completely ruin them a couple weeks later

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:lol:, where'd you see they were asking for voracek? that's outrageous. couturier i can kind of see because 1. everyone asks for him, and 2. it's at least potential for potential.. the kings brass are a bunch of loony tunes if they think they can get voracek for the rights to a 62 game, backup goalie with potential.

granted..it was an article on the 700 level..so its probably not that reputable of a source.. but if the voracek asking price is true thats nothing short of ridiculous

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
granted..it was an article on the 700 level..so its probably not that reputable of a source.. but if the voracek asking price is true thats nothing short of ridiculous

haha no kidding! i actually laughed a little here in my cubicle when i read that.. some fans/writers are so delusional

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't even do read straight up for bernier.. most i'd go is mesz+2nd or coburn+3rd.. if that's not acceptable to the kings, i just wait and offer sheet him..

plus, even if they do trade for him, there's a chance he doesn't sign w/ the flyers because he's tired of competing for the starting job.. then someone offersheets him as a flyer, the flyers match, and then everybody has their feelings hurt and its a 'distraction'

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah in all honestly I think mez and a 2nd is extremely fair for bernier. especially because there is zero guarantee he will be ours after a trade due to his RFA status

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even watch. This is going to make me sick

Chico Salmon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a sweet deal if were not giving up too many pieces.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a sweet deal if were not giving up too many pieces.

Welcome to the Flyers board

I say Coburn and Mez would be bait on our side.
Having said that they just signed Voynov to an extention so Im not sure if they want to pay for another D-man.

I wont lie I would love to grab Bernier. I think he has way beter potential then Mason.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want any part of this and I don't think that Homer is going this direction. I'd be okay trading Mez bc of cap issues and so forth. Keeping Coburn would actually make me happy. I also said in other threads that trading Coburn would give us a decent return. Mez not so much. Why are the Flyers so hard up on Bernier anyway? He is small and I still to this day believe he has been over hyped to be honest. Explore other areas for goaltending.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

teams are mismanaging the goalie market left and right these days.. vancouver fucked up (and continues to fuck up) with luongo, thinking they can get anything of value for him.. and the kings waited a year too long to get rid of bernier and demand a good return for him.. nobody is going to give them value when an offer sheet can completely ruin them a couple weeks later

That's why I hope homer explores other options.Was not at all thrilled with the 4 year deal to Streit.I know their hands are tied for quality d-men,but he's 35 yrs old.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier to the Leafs. Looks like it's plan B(ryzgalov).

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier to the Leafs. Looks like it's plan B(ryzgalov).

Hopefully not. We'd, quite literally, be better off putting me in a fat suit in front of the net.