• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals /Ravens realistic premonitions

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this will sound knee-jerk - but I'd fire Lou tonight.

This defense has now been an issue going on a year and 5 games...they are giving up almost 30ppg - and it would be worse if not for the crappy Patriots and lack of offense that game.

Is there anything more Cincinnati than watching an elite talent get wasted during their prime window?

Let this sink in - the Bengals could have a worse record this year than last year - and they missed Burrow for 10 games, and had him injured in another 3-4. They have an easier schedule this year, and a healthy Burrow - and could end up with 10+ losses because this defense couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

I like Lou - and when he's been on and had guys - he's done well, but these guys are his guys. He picked them. They can't get it done, and he can't/won't change how he calls a defense...something has to give. If the Bengals truly want to shake up the feeling of 1-4 and look to shock this defense into actually doing something - they need to make a move here at DC...I don't know who you'd look to at this point - but at this point anyone on this board could call a game and it literally would not be much worse.
I would’ve fired Lou after the Washington game. NFL play callers do not respect this defense. And literally nothing has changed from then to today. Other than a couple young rotational guys coming back. The Panthers shredded them last week. The Ravens shredded them today.

Lou needs to retire at this point. He was good when he had Bates and Reader. He has sucked without them. We can do better.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this will sound knee-jerk - but I'd fire Lou tonight.

This defense has now been an issue going on a year and 5 games...they are giving up almost 30ppg - and it would be worse if not for the crappy Patriots and lack of offense that game.

Is there anything more Cincinnati than watching an elite talent get wasted during their prime window?

Let this sink in - the Bengals could have a worse record this year than last year - and they missed Burrow for 10 games, and had him injured in another 3-4. They have an easier schedule this year, and a healthy Burrow - and could end up with 10+ losses because this defense couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

I like Lou - and when he's been on and had guys - he's done well, but these guys are his guys. He picked them. They can't get it done, and he can't/won't change how he calls a defense...something has to give. If the Bengals truly want to shake up the feeling of 1-4 and look to shock this defense into actually doing something - they need to make a move here at DC...I don't know who you'd look to at this point - but at this point anyone on this board could call a game and it literally would not be much worse.
Honestly, I thought Lou's plan today was okay. We did a decent job against the run and even forced two punts in the first half. What killed us is when the Ravens went up tempo and let Lamar cook. Lamar had an MVP type of game..... But rather than sit back in those soft zones like he did against Jayden Daniels, Lou went man-on-man and blitzed the entire second half. We didn't get Lamar to the ground and our safeties were liabilities in coverage. I'm just not sure how he could have called it differently. I would have been pissed had he played back in the zone and we got beat, but he tried aggression and it didn't work.