• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengal hater picks Bengals

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is shocking. Who knocked him out and made his picks for him?

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Peter King a well known Steelers fan as well? Still can't believe he is getting on the Bengals bandwagon.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol.

That is hilarious. So true, and so sad. True that Dalton makes the Bengals so much better. Sad that the highest paid QB in the league was that large of a detriment to his team.

odd how that works. I am so pumped to watch tonight's game. Over and the Chargers.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cris Collinsworth also picked Cincinnati as his upset pick on his footballpros website.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interestingly, the offense isn't any better (or worse for that matter) statistically than it was last year. So, imo, any credit that doesn't go to the defense (and schedule) is credit undeserved.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha,,,,,lets just play the game

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am nervous. I will not lie.

I freely admit that I never thought this team would play a meaningful game this season....now it appears there will be several....have Brown/Lewis suddenly learned how to draft, or were we just incredibly lucky?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this game as a free-roll kind of game. As long as the Bengals come out 100% healthy, there's not much down-side to thise game. Even if the Bengals lose, the experience is going to serve Dalton well for future games against Pitt. He's so cerebral that he's going to pick up that defense and the changes quickly and it will better prepare him for down the road.

And, if they happen to win...that's icing on the cake.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are playing with house money this year.

I want them badly to win...but won't be in a stupor if they don't like in year's past.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope for once you look at the direction of this team, and the future does not seem all that bad.

Good young team hungry to win.

No "me, me me" attitude guys.

A clear Leader in the huddle

In 2 years, Brown HAS to spend money.

They have a boatload of picks over the next two years highlighted by the 1st rounder this coming year and the 2nd rounder (most likely) in 2013. Also, late rounders for the Ocho trade (5th this year 6th next year).

Good young coaches. Let's hope they will stay.

Of course, this franchise is still owend by Mike Brown...so, it could all go to pot tomorrow.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm shooting for the playoffs. Sitting at 6-2, anything less would be a disappointment. Our defense has shown signs of concern against good offenses and the schedule doesn't get easier next year, so you can never really know what to expect in the future. Take it while the opportunity is there.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shooting for the playoffs. Sitting at 6-2, anything less would be a disappointment. Our defense has shown signs of concern against good offenses and the schedule doesn't get easier next year, so you can never really know what to expect in the future. Take it while the opportunity is there.

Agreed, but I also realize that it is entirely possible this offense has been playing above its head with a rookie QB and rookie WR.

As you said, the schedule gets harder with 5 games remaining against contending teams. If the Bengals can tred water, they will open a lot of eyes. No one expects them to run the division or anything like that.

Speaking of playoffs...it's going to take at least 10 if not 11 wins even for a wild card. Going to be rough. So, if the Bengals don't make the playoffs....it's not going to be dissapointing. What would be dissapointing would be finishing 8-8 after starting 6-2.

They have far exceeded expectations, and the rest of the season, assuming it doesn't go spiraling down, is just gravy. Get the "kids" the experience, and do the best they can. Playoffs...great. But I'm not expecting that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe 10 wins will net the WC, though I could see where it might take 11.

Imo, there will be 2 teams in the AFCN along with the Jets fighting for the 2 spots. Not as difficult as years past. I believe Buffalo will fall off, and there is nobody in the AFCS or AFCW playing well enough to be in the running. So, it's definitely there for the taking.

Pats got an easy schedule after this Sunday, so I don't expect them to lose many more games, so go Pats (against the Jets this Sunday)!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, the offense isn't any better (or worse for that matter) statistically than it was last year. So, imo, any credit that doesn't go to the defense (and schedule) is credit undeserved.

That may be true, yardage wise, but last year Palmer threw 20 picks and Benson lost 6 fumbles....Dalton is on pace for only 14 picks, and Benson has yet to fumble(I may be sorry I mentioned the last part)......so the offense deserves credit for taking much better care of the ball this year....