• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t getting him straight up like Morey wants
I agree. I would prefer picks, then Thybulle, then Curry… I draw the line at the conversation turning to Maxey though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t getting him straight up like Morey wants

They might toss some picks in. But why would the Sixers give up Maxey or Thybulle in the deal?

Who are the Sixers competing with? What teams are going to be willing to spend 40 million a year for 4 more years on Harden AND give up more assets than Simmons, Green, and some picks?

The Nets are not in a great situation here. Harden could opt out in the off season and the best they could hope for is some sign and trade assets which won't be close to Simmons much less Simmons plus other assets.

OTOH, the Nets could get Simmons NOW and have him for their run this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I would prefer picks, then Thybulle, then Curry… I draw the line at the conversation turning to Maxey though.

No on Thyulle. No on Curry. 100% no on Maxey.

The only roster players I would be ok with giving up are Kork, Bassey, Green, BBall, and Brown, Maybe Milton but I doubt they want another injured player.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might toss some picks in. But why would the Sixers give up Maxey or Thybulle in the deal?

Who are the Sixers competing with? What teams are going to be willing to spend 40 million a year for 4 more years on Harden AND give up more assets than Simmons, Green, and some picks?

The Nets are not in a great situation here. Harden could opt out in the off season and the best they could hope for is some sign and trade assets which won't be close to Simmons much less Simmons plus other assets.

It is laughable that yo think the sixers have the leverage here

Is James harden really gonna spend his last prime years on the pistons or the magic

Ben Simmons will be there this summer

They could easily win the title this year and then flip harden for Simmons.

The sixers do not have the same opportunity

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Nets have more leverage than the Sixers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is laughable that yo think the sixers have the leverage here

Is James harden really gonna spend his last prime years on the pistons or the magic

Ben Simmons will be there this summer

They could easily win the title this year and then flip harden for Simmons.

The sixers do not have the same opportunity

You may not have noticed this but the Nets have lost 7 straight including a blowout last night. And there is a lot of grumblings that Harden is fed up with the situation with Irving. If the Nets think that Harden is walking then they would be idiots to wait until he can opt out to make a trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets have more leverage than the Sixers

Well that's an assertion certainly.

If no other team is in on Harden, then what leverage do the Nets have?

The Sixers aren't going to give the farm to the Nets. It makes them better and the Sixers worse.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's an assertion certainly.

If no other team is in on Harden, then what leverage do the Nets have?

The Sixers aren't going to give the farm to the Nets. It makes them better and the Sixers worse.
Keep him and make a run at a championship. If they make a run, Harden could stay and I don’t think it is broken yet. Other teams will have offers and I never thought the trade would be straight up but I also don’t think the Sixers need to give up the farm. The fact is Harden is still a star and playing, Simmons is guy sitting out and he can’t shoot. Harden is much better player.

A fair trade is Simmons, Curry and 2 or 3 1sts but the problem is Morey is delusional and I don’t think he would even do that

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep him and make a run at a championship. If they make a run, Harden could stay and I don’t think it is broken yet. Other teams will have offers and I never thought the trade would be straight up but I also don’t think the Sixers need to give up the farm. The fact is Harden is still a star and playing, Simmons is guy sitting out and he can’t shoot. Harden is much better player.

A fair trade is Simmons, Curry and 2 or 3 1sts but the problem is Morey is delusional and I don’t think he would even do that

I got harden and brown for Simmons, green, bassey and two firsts

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly…do you really want Harden? And he would have to commit long-term. The guy is a crybaby. I would look elsewhere l, find a deal that might not be better but lets them include Harris. He’s obviously been better this year but that contract is brutal. I think SAC said they would take Harris in a deal, it was some team rumored. I dont think ATL wants him though

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are looking at things the wrong way.

It's not a question of whether Simmons is as good as Harden. He isn't.

The question is how many teams would be willing to trade for 32 year old James Harden and then pay him 40 million a year for the next 3-4 years? How many teams would Harden be willing to even play for?

Harden's trade value is based on what teams would be willing to give up to get him, not what his impact on the court is.

A lot of the people were saying that the Sixers were being unreasonable about Simmons and that they should be happy to get pennies on the dollar and there was no way that they would get a big time asset in return. Now the argument is that if they make a move for Harden they have to give Simmons plus 3 first rounds picks PLUS another valuable asset? Yeah, no.

Harden already listed out the teams he was willing to play for. Sixers, Nets, Bucks and Heat. He's not going to SacTown or Charlotte or some place like that. MAYBE a team like the Celtics could make a move but hard to see what they could offer the Nets that would be better than Simmons outside of their big 2 which would make sense to trade.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But honestly…do you really want Harden? And he would have to commit long-term. The guy is a crybaby. I would look elsewhere l, find a deal that might not be better but lets them include Harris. He’s obviously been better this year but that contract is brutal. I think SAC said they would take Harris in a deal, it was some team rumored. I dont think ATL wants him though

Minny would take him as well

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there are a lot of questions about whether Harden is the right player to go after. And I hope Morey is looking at things dispassionately and doesn't have built in bias for Harden.

And fans STILL misunderstand Harris' value. He is definitely overpaid. But he is a productive player. He was a borderline all-star. Compare that to Davis Bertans getting 16 million to ride pine. John Wall getting paid 40 million to play Xbox. Porzingas getting 30 million a year to be a soft euro center. Trading Harris only makes sense if there was a player in the deal that was going to play his position. Like the possible Hawks deal that was rumored.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No on Thyulle. No on Curry. 100% no on Maxey.

The only roster players I would be ok with giving up are Kork, Bassey, Green, BBall, and Brown, Maybe Milton but I doubt they want another injured player.

Simmons is never getting traded then