• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we have no way of knowing and the timing of everything is beyond suspicious.

However, there's also nothing wrong with Rich Paul saying it's not about money while trying to make sure he collects every penny of his contract.

Based on the actual information that we have, Ben Simmons is having mental issues that he claims are preventing him from playing. Unless and until there is proof that he's faking...he gets paid just like any other injured player. It's kind of Rich Pauls job to make sure he gets paid.
And that is why we can expect a lockout, the owners won’t stand for this on top if everything else. It’s not like the contracts aren’t player friendly, honor them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why we can expect a lockout, the owners won’t stand for this on top if everything else. It’s not like the contracts aren’t player friendly, honor them.
i would say right now the sixers and trying to not honor their part by continuing to move the line.

he went to an approved therapist through the union.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we have no way of knowing and the timing of everything is beyond suspicious.

However, there's also nothing wrong with Rich Paul saying it's not about money while trying to make sure he collects every penny of his contract.

Based on the actual information that we have, Ben Simmons is having mental issues that he claims are preventing him from playing. Unless and until there is proof that he's faking...he gets paid just like any other injured player. It's kind of Rich Pauls job to make sure he gets paid.

It's hard for us to know what is and is not happening. And in some ways this is similar to the Kawhi situation. Kawhi refused to play because of a nebulous injury. But the difference, IMO, is that Kawhi never changed his story. It was ALWAYS about an injury. He didn't start off by saying "I'll never play for the Spurs again no matter what" and then pull the injury out of his ass.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would say right now the sixers and trying to not honor their part by continuing to move the line.

That doesn’t mean a fn bit of it is legitimate

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way yes. He's definitely feeding into it and it's a big part of what is making this drag out like it is.

Not sure what he is supposed to do? Trade Simmons, who has 4 years left on his contract, for pennies on the dollar?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what he is supposed to do? Trade Simmons, who has 4 years left on his contract, for pennies on the dollar?

Not saying things like "We're prepared to do this for 4 years" would probably be a good start. Understanding Simmons actual current trade value would also help.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying things like "We're prepared to do this for 4 years" would probably be a good start. Understanding Simmons actual current trade value would also help.

I think he understands what his current trade value is. Which is why he's not willing to trade him right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he understands what his current trade value is. Which is why he's not willing to trade him right now.

Based on what it's said he's looking for and what he's said he's willing to do, he doesn't.

He acts like he thinks he's dealing from a position of strength...he isn't.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what it's said he's looking for and what he's said he's willing to do, he doesn't.

He acts like he thinks he's dealing from a position of strength...he isn't.

What do you think he is supposed to do? Supplicate himself in front of the offices of Klutch sports?

All of those unreasonable trade demands were from the summer. I haven't heard boo about what the Sixers would take right now. But it would be idiotic of him to say that he is having a firesale for Ben.

He isn't a position of strength with regards to the other teams in the league. But Ben isn't in a position of strength with regards to the Sixers either.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry David Reaction GIF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think he is supposed to do? Supplicate himself in front of the offices of Klutch sports?

How many times does the same thing have to be said? Don't make the situation worse. The Sixers have had the chance to take the high road every step of the way and they've pretty much done the opposite every time.

Yes, sometimes a team has to "supplicate itself" to retain a star or to keep him somewhat happy until they can move him.

He isn't a position of strength with regards to the other teams in the league. But Ben isn't in a position of strength with regards to the Sixers either.

The bold is literally the only thing the Sixers should be concerned with.

Instead, they want to play "who can be more petty" with Simmons.

If they'd have defended him after Embiid and Docs comments, understood his current trade value and maybe worked with him and Klutch to release info on him working out to try to get back some of that value...this whole thing is likely over with already.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both are.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times does the same thing have to be said? Don't make the situation worse. The Sixers have had the chance to take the high road every step of the way and they've pretty much done the opposite every time.

Yes, sometimes a team has to "supplicate itself" to retain a star or to keep him somewhat happy until they can move him.

If they'd have defended him after Embiid and Docs comments, understood his current trade value and maybe worked with him and Klutch to release info on him working out to try to get back some of that value...this whole thing is likely over with already.
That's on Doc and Morey.

Both have a pattern.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what is the high road? Just give him 30 million dollars to play Xbox?

Honestly what does high or low road even matter?

And when a player demands a trade a few days after the worst performances of his career, I guess they should just take whatever deal they could get?

So you think Morey should have publicly rebuked their coach and star player in order to make Simmons feel better?

As I have said many times, the Sixers could have done things better. But Simmons is the one who keeps escalating the issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is the high road? Just give him 30 million dollars to play Xbox?

Honestly what does high or low road even matter?

Please tell me this isn't a real question.

And when a player demands a trade a few days after the worst performances of his career, I guess they should just take whatever deal they could get?

Yeah, that's all that happened. :rolleyes2:

So you think Morey should have publicly rebuked their coach and star player in order to make Simmons feel better?

No, to save some of his trade value and prevent the situation from getting worse...you know, like it is right now. He also should have forced Doc to walk back what he said.

As I have said many times, the Sixers could have done things better. But Simmons is the one who keeps escalating the issue.

And the Sixers step on their own dicks every time he does.

I thought Cleveland fans were bad. You Philly fans are far worse.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty easy to prove Ben’s side actually.

Philly fans hate him and want him gone. That creates a high level of stress and anxiety for Ben because he is toilet paper soft.

Mental health issues.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think if he had real issues the money wouldn’t matter since he has plenty of it. He tipped his hand by demanding a trade. The league really needs to step in here, no team should be put through this.
The league already put the Sixers through worse when they hung a disgusting mentally ill Coangelo around the franchise's neck.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s that big of a problem then move him

You guys keep talking outta both sides of your mouth lol
No, he should be killed. If we can't have his offense no one else should be able to have his defense.

This Ben Simmons mother fucker wants to join hollywood and thinks he's hot shit, but he's a total bitch in the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers have to punish themselves for drafting him in the first place.

ben's momma knew he was a bitch as soon as he was born.

LSU found out.

The Sixers found out.

The next suckered team will find out too.

ben's a bitch.