• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers did nothing wrong though. It is all on Ben supposedly

Except I've stated over and over that the Sixers screwed up. But I guess if we just engage in hyperbolic absolutes that will make for a better discussion.

What's remarkable about all this isn't that Ben acted like a child. It's that people seem to want to treat him like a child as well.

Only in sports can a grown ass man be treated sympathetically for having a temper tantrum.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I've stated over and over that the Sixers screwed up. But I guess if we just engage in hyperbolic absolutes that will make for a better discussion.

What's remarkable about all this isn't that Ben acted like a child. It's that people seem to want to treat him like a child as well.

Only in sports can a grown ass man be treated sympathetically for having a temper tantrum.

I wasnt talking about you. The poster i quoted is acting like Philly done nothing wrong here

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are playing with the timeline here. His value was down after the Hawks series. No question about that. His actions after that series prevented any chance to redeem the situation. Morey, Doc, Brand and the ownership went to meet with him and explain that if he came back and rebuilt his value they would move him but they couldn't right now. He told them to pound sand and he made his trade demands public.

IIRC, you were saying that Simmons has no incentive to care about his trade value and that, if anything, his incentive was to diminish his trade value so his next team would be better. And, who knows, maybe he thought the same thing.

But what you and maybe Simmons didn't consider is that he still had 4 years on his contract and the Sixers were willing to play ball hard ball rather than get pennies on the dollar and look like they got rolled by Klutch and Simmons.

I said at the time that I thought that Klutch was overplaying this. I still think that is true. Simmons is no closer to getting traded today than he was in July but he's got a lot less money in his pocket.

Truth be told, Simmons better hope that the Kings or some other team makes the big splash for him because he could be in this same situation next July.

Value was down for sure

Not cratered though.

Now it is completely cratered.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Value was down for sure

Not cratered though.

Now it is completely cratered.
But you're putting that blame on the Sixers, who did what they could to straighten his game out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has real mental issues then he's untradeable. If this is all a facade then teams aren't likely to give a shit about this circus.

I think/hope you just forgot to use the green font.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're putting that blame on the Sixers, who did what they could to straighten his game out.

Yes. I am putting the blame on the organization.

Simmons has played there for many years. They should know who he is. There is also a higher standard of professionalism expected from an organization than from an individual player.

Rivers’ comments might have been honest, but they were about as harsh as I have heard from a coach about a star player. Knowing how fragile Simmons was, that was relationship over right there when nobody from the team came to his defense.

With all the swirling speculation and hostile reaction from fans, of course he wouldn’t want to play there anymore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Some caller on Dan Patrick this morning said Westbrook for Simmons.

DP basically politely dismissed him with "the Sixers aren't going to want Westbrook". Didn't see the Lakers being interested in Simmons either.

If you're going to have a point guard who can't shoot...at least have one that plays every possession like it's life or death. Not one that will spend his time curled up in his safe space. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the worse contract right now, Love or Simmons?
Love has 2 years left and Simmons has 4.
Simmons can actually compete in the NBA though. If Kevin Love goes to another All Star game it’s because he bought a ticket.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Simmons keeps this shit up...he won't be able to afford a ticket.
Hopefully nobody talked him into investing in an Australian gun manufacturer. That’s a loser.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you think the media talking about what's going on with Ben is even in remotely the same universe as Lebron is one of the biggest laughs I've had in a long time.

Thank you for that.

I don't actually think they are, I just think that the media talking about players is not important. What's important is whether there is dissention in a locker room. There is not in Philly. Absolutely no one has suggested there is, among all the media talking about this situation. End of story.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers did nothing wrong though. It is all on Ben supposedly

The main thing the Sixers did wrong is to not trade Ben Simmons sooner, when they knew who he was. The nonsense about Doc's remarks, that's silly. If that is really an issue for Ben Simmons, well, he can't be an NBA player. Maybe he is, in fact, that mentally weak. But that goes back to my first point--they should have traded him way sooner, knowing what they apparently knew.