• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Brust starts the trash talking...

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Twitter:

Ben Brust said "
Twitter trash talk.png

Any thoughts from Wisconsin fans? Do you like it, or think this could help UK?

I for one won't dare compare Wisconsin to WVU so no, I'm not predicting a blow out. However, UK always seems to play at very high level when called out either by the opposing team or media. Time will tell if Wisconsin is prepared to help this dude back up his trash talk.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball players talk trash. That's what they do.

I bet Hampton was talking some trash. Has nothing to do with how UK performs in my mind.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball players talk trash. That's what they do.

I bet Hampton was talking some trash. Has nothing to do with how UK performs in my mind.

Ok... so, would you have preferred for someone on the Nova team use twitter or any other social media outlet and talk trash right before a big game? I'm not talking about when you expect to beat a lesser opponent either.

I actually couldn't care less about it one way or the other but I hoping to hear from some Wisconsin fans and get their thoughts.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... so, would you have preferred for someone on the Nova team use twitter or any other social media outlet and talk trash right before a big game? I'm not talking about when you expect to beat a lesser opponent either.

I actually couldn't care less about it one way or the other but I hoping to hear from some Wisconsin fans and get their thoughts.

I don't know about Nova, but NC State was talking mad trash to us during the game, especially their bigs to our bigs. Didn't give them any extra motivation to keep from getting their butts kicked.

If anything, I think talking trash helps some players. Don't take this the wrong way, but I imagine the guys on UK talk a ton of trash.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Nova, but NC State was talking mad trash to us during the game, especially their bigs to our bigs. Didn't give them any extra motivation to keep from getting their butts kicked.

If anything, I think talking trash helps some players. Don't take this the wrong way, but I imagine the guys on UK talk a ton of trash.

I don't think I did a good job clarifying what I was talking about. During the game, yes, UK along with just about anyone with a heart beat talks trash unless they're getting their ass handed to them.

My point was/is, do you think it's a good idea to give bulletin board material to your opponent? Talking all that trash a week before the game? Again, I'm just trying to get some thoughts around this.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked out well for the WVU guy that talked trash... He made as many shots vs UK as Brust is going to make Saturday

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the West Virginia game, where maybe Kentucky would have come out without a ton of intensity because they assumed they were gonna win. This is the matchup between the two best teams in the country. We played last year, with it coming down to a last-second miracle three. Kentucky just got a wake-up call, which makes it clear they can't take anyone for granted. And of course, it is the Final Four.

Neither Kentucky nor us can get more motivated. I read nothing into it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Twitter:

Ben Brust said "
View attachment 14277

Any thoughts from Wisconsin fans? Do you like it, or think this could help UK?

I for one won't dare compare Wisconsin to WVU so no, I'm not predicting a blow out. However, UK always seems to play at very high level when called out either by the opposing team or media. Time will tell if Wisconsin is prepared to help this dude back up his trash talk.
Who the Hell is Ben Brust?....I mean, I know who he is, but who the Hell is Ben Brust?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This clown better hope they aren't calling ticky tack fouls like they did last Thursday. Or his team is liable to have more fouls then points in the first half. That's not good. Trust me.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need someone trash talking from the opposing school/media to motivate you to play hard in the final 4......

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the Hell is Ben Brust?....I mean, I know who he is, but who the Hell is Ben Brust?

he was a sharpshooter on their team last yr

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know, but he got his ass kicked last year and isn't doing his team any favors by trying to get in where he fits in

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did realize this guy isn't playing this year... I believe he's over-seas somewhere.

My whole point to the post was get some thoughts around the subject in general. I for one can't say I'm a big fan of the action prior to a game unless it's in response to something that has been put out there.

An example would be WCS talking a little smack to the media in an interview about Arkansas just before the SEC championship game. He was responding to one or two of the players who walked over to the UK tunnel and talked trash prior to their semi-final game.

But the whole, trash talking, I'm a social media tough guy stuff that's out there... well, I'm just not a fan.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an idiot. He needs to STFU, especially if he's not even playing.

dammit!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not even the best player, STFU only Frank or Dekker should be allowed to say that shit if they wanted to