• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Assuming most have seen or are aware of his antics, running after an official and grabbing him by the arm after the game.

I think, bare minimum, he should get a one-game suspension. If a player touches the official during the game, he's gone, even often when the guy doesn't realize he's touching an official (a la Justin Smith a couple years ago). For a coach to go grab an official after the game, especially in a week when coaches have been warned about going after officials is just ridiculous. A fine does nothing. Ban Bill from the games for a week or two and I'll be he doesn't repeat that sort of thing.

The replacement officials have been a disaster, but you simply can't have people touching them in a manner that is even slightly aggressive.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If players get ejected for hmmmm, how to say this.... angry physical contact... with an official. A coach should definitely get suspended for 1 game.

But if they don't suspend him, I don't care. Unless, the NFL lets him off the hook and punishes Harbaugh for yelling at the officials.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming most have seen or are aware of his antics, running after an official and grabbing him by the arm after the game.

I think, bare minimum, he should get a one-game suspension. If a player touches the official during the game, he's gone, even often when the guy doesn't realize he's touching an official (a la Justin Smith a couple years ago). For a coach to go grab an official after the game, especially in a week when coaches have been warned about going after officials is just ridiculous. A fine does nothing. Ban Bill from the games for a week or two and I'll be he doesn't repeat that sort of thing.

The replacement officials have been a disaster, but you simply can't have people touching them in a manner that is even slightly aggressive.

I would be surprised if Belichick was not suspended for at least one game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick post game presser, asked if he expects to be fined for grabing the ref - answer - "no"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Belichick post game presser, asked if he expects to be fined for grabing the ref - answer - "no"

What else would he say?

This is the guy whose response to spygate is "I know the truth" without saying a single thing to refute what he did.

He can do no wrong in his own eyes.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL loves Beal Beealicheat WAY too much to treat him like a man and hold him responsible for his actions. If anything, Goodell will probably give him a pony or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every week it gets worse. if it was a regular ref blowing a call they would get over it, but every little call is second guessed now. games are a mess now.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL loves Beal Beealicheat WAY too much to treat him like a man and hold him responsible for his actions. If anything, Goodell will probably give him a pony or something.

Heheh. One of those miniature ones. As long as he has to ride it onto the field every game. I'm down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else would he say?

This is the guy whose response to spygate is "I know the truth" without saying a single thing to refute what he did.

He can do no wrong in his own eyes.

When asked about the incident he sidestepped saying he didn't want to talk about it exclaiming "you saw the game"; the audio during his presser was difficult to hear. I've tried several times this morning to watch the video but each attempt only crashes my computer.

So far, the talk is that he will 'likely' be fined but not suspended - which, in my mind sets a precedent for fining but not ejecting players who touch officials during a game. The developments on this will be interesting to say the least.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I was pretty happy the Pats lost yesterday's game considering the number of times they've benefited with some questionable calls in the past (i.e. prior to the "Tuck" rule). And you're right, his antics are pretty questionable, especially after what happened touching that referee.

Belichick got off pretty lightly with spygate, and chances are he's probably going to get a fine. A 2 game suspension is reasonable, but I doubt he'll get that.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think he should get suspended, but a nice sized fine to set an example. the longer the lockout goes the worse this will get for the nfl. they're gonna have to put the financial hammer down right here.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see how you can eject a player for touching an official during a game, but not suspend a coach for doing so after the game. Especially given the warning earlier in the week from the league. If Goodell wants to avoid the appearance of a double standard, I think there has to be a suspension.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i don't think he should get suspended

I do. Justin Smith got suspended for touching a ref' didn't he? Not only that, but all head coaches received a memo that week warning them not to disrespect the ref's. He easily deserves to sit a game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Justin Smith got suspended for touching a ref' didn't he? Not only that, but all head coaches received a memo that week warning them not to disrespect the ref's. He easily deserves to sit a game.

He was ejected, which in this case is synonymous with a suspension.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better be suspended but wont be surprised if he isnt.