• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Minny

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I wasn't the only one wondering what the hell we were doing after taking what I thought was a nice and aggressive time out. Not the first time this has happened, so I do have my doubts about Trestman understanding what a two minute drill is.

Trestman was trying to work Jay into an INT... Perfect play calling, worked like a charm. :scratch:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman was trying to work Jay into an INT... Perfect play calling, worked like a charm. :scratch:

Yeah, I've really turned my back on Jay since the Carolina game and that INT in the second half today was BRUTAL. But freaking-a… Hard to pin that one on Jay. Coach has a change of heart on running the clock out with 20 seconds left, and now he's asking him to get another 30 yards or so in two plays. Kind of had to force it.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler... we have heard that he's not a leader- because he's not vocal and has a Jerkface... He doesn't knock over water tables or throw his helmet. His body language is always questioned. He doesn't show enough emotion- "he's not "Chicago Tough"... I've seen and heard that he needs to do this in order to show he "cares"...

Yesterday he gets a 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike conduct... Not really sure if it was for saying something to the ref, or spiking the ball or whatever- it was clear he was upset with the call or play or something. Today- on Sports Nation- is a small article critical of him for doing just what everyone wanted. Can't win. No Matter What.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler... we have heard that he's not a leader- because he's not vocal and has a Jerkface... He doesn't knock over water tables or throw his helmet. His body language is always questioned. He doesn't show enough emotion- "he's not "Chicago Tough"... I've seen and heard that he needs to do this in order to show he "cares"...

Yesterday he gets a 15 yard penalty for Unsportsmanlike conduct... Not really sure if it was for saying something to the ref, or spiking the ball or whatever- it was clear he was upset with the call or play or something. Today- on Sports Nation- is a small article critical of him for doing just what everyone wanted. Can't win. No Matter What.

Yes, I believe the ref's didn't like him spiking the ball and gave him the penalty for that, hence his shoulder shrug. Thing is Jay basically does that every time there is an early whistle, but he did it a bit harder with more emphasis than just getting the Defensive players to realize he doesn't have it anymore, like he was mad. Ref's retort, 15 yards, don't do it again.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rex ryan was fined 100k for what he said on the field. There are magic words.

Minnesota threw a challenge flag since Jay really fumbled the ball on that pass attempt. It was clearly out of his hand, the bears gave up on what was thought to be a dead ball again, they claimed nobody from Minny fell on the ball, but three seconds after there was a Viking on the ball when they played the replay long enough.

Cutlers beef was they stopped the play for the challenge flag after the ball was snapped.

the wrong of the play was an inexperienced crew blowing the whistle early missing the fumble call, overturning the play that it was in fact a fumble and not incomplete pass, but did not give minnesota the ball back since the bears stopped playing. They still said that Minny lost the challenge and took a time out, even though it was actually changed from an incomplete pass to a fumble.

I think Minnesota had more to complain about than cutler knowing he fumbled the ball and the refs allowing the challenge. Thats what he was pissed about.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not apposed to him being pissed- I'm not even questioning the call... I think it was a fumble... I'm more pissed about the fans on a SB nation article- being critical of his out burst. To me that showed he cared. Right or wrong...he's showing the emotion that some said he didn't show- and needed in order to be called a "leader".
I keep trying to post the link and it's not working? whatever...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than when he chewed J. Webb a new ass a few years back.

Tom Brady does the same shit, and he's a "fiery leader", Jay does it and he's an asshole.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not apposed to him being pissed- I'm not even questioning the call... I think it was a fumble... I'm more pissed about the fans on a SB nation article- being critical of his out burst. To me that showed he cared. Right or wrong...he's showing the emotion that some said he didn't show- and needed in order to be called a "leader".

I'm glad you brought this up. I was actually happy to see a little more passion out of the guy, even if we did get dinged for a penalty.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no different than when he chewed J. Webb a new ass a few years back.

Tom Brady does the same shit, and he's a "fiery leader", Jay does it and he's an asshole.

1st of all don't compare our greatest so-called qb ever to one the top ever qbs of all-time.....

2ndly I remember Jay chewing out Webb for that offsides penalty I believe it was.
So what happened next play? Jay fumbles the ball to take us out of fg range.And this when we were in playoff contention.
Webb should've snagged him up by the throat and gave Jay some of his own medicine.......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st of all don't compare our greatest so-called qb ever to one the top ever qbs of all-time.....

2ndly I remember Jay chewing out Webb for that offsides penalty I believe it was.
So what happened next play? Jay fumbles the ball to take us out of fg range.And this when we were in playoff contention.
Webb should've snagged him up by the throat and gave Jay some of his own medicine.......

1st of all, I'll compare whatever I please. 2ndly, what does success or failure have to do with whether he is a fiery competitor or not?

Defense of Webb triggers my gag reflex ftr.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure that's not what happened, and I also think you're thinking of the wrong game. Bears were 1-0 in a week two Thursday matchup in GB.

And you want a guy to lead like a Brady, Manning, etc… and you'll gladly hold him to that standard. But when he does behave like Brady or Manning and we point it out. You go "Don't you DARE compare him to such a great QB".

A bit of a contradiction. No?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but this is mostly your fault for reading the comment section on a blog article and taking them seriously.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st of all don't compare our greatest so-called qb ever to one the top ever qbs of all-time..

Out side of Sid Luckman and maybe McMahon, Jay is the Best QB I've seen at the helm of the Bears, which is a sad statement. Especially since Green Bay seems to just pick up HoF QB's like we do HoF Linebackers.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Jay Cutler should be compared to the other current QBs in the league, not to the Bears historical QBs. The past is the past. We have no more assurance that we will pick up another HOF MLB than we do that we can't pick a new HOF QB going forward.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler should be compared to the other current QBs in the league, not to the Bears historical QBs. The past is the past. We have no more assurance that we will pick up another HOF MLB than we do that we can't pick a new HOF QB going forward.

You are absolutely correct... we don't... but would you agree that other positions are easier to find? That the QB position has a higher bust potential?
The undrafted FA LB from Wisconsin playing for 49ers is playing at all pro level... Sure there are examples of QB's but IMO it's just not as simple to find. AND LB's can play special teams, help in other ways. A first/second round LB is going to help more then a 1st round QB who sits for 2 years. (or goes through growing pains)

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't think it is necessarily harder to find an elite or top level qb than it is a top level mlb. Which position do you think has more elite guys? I'd say QB in the current NFL.

I do think it is more Important though. You can screw up and live with a draft miss on an mlb way more easily than a qb miss. Qbs require a draft premium inside backers don't carry. In that sense, I suppose we would agree with each other. But it isn't because finding an elite MLB is mathematically easier than finding an elite qb.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is sucking balls. So maybe this is just a lopsided year, some games with some teams are just outta reach. Like somebody said, those blowouts are likely Super Bowl teams.

Hey Philly is great team and had a 7 - 2 record until they met up in Green Bay. What happened to Philly happens to most teams in Green Bay this year.

The problem is the Packers are far superior to teams that come into Green Bay to play.

A good way to look at is that based on what happened the last 2 weeks you can see that the Bears are just a little less good than what the Eagles are the records just dont show it. The Bears 59 - 14 at GB and the Eagles 53 - 20 at GB,

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but this is mostly your fault for reading the comment section on a blog article and taking them seriously.

Yep... well I can't help myself. Meatballism is the scourge of the internet. :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Philly is great team and had a 7 - 2 record until they met up in Green Bay. What happened to Philly happens to most teams in Green Bay this year.

The problem is the Packers are far superior to teams that come into Green Bay to play.

A good way to look at is that based on what happened the last 2 weeks you can see that the Bears are just a little less good than what the Eagles are the records just dont show it. The Bears 59 - 14 at GB and the Eagles 53 - 20 at GB,

lol… Not that I think the Bears are worth a shit. And Philly is in all likelihood still a playoff team.

But, there is really zero difference between a 55-14 loss, and a 53-20 loss. With the bulk of each losing team's points coming with the #2's on the field, that's kind of odd to try and draw a conclusion off of. Both teams were trounced in historic fashion per their franchises history.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol… Not that I think the Bears are worth a shit. And Philly is in all likelihood still a playoff team.

But, there is really zero difference between a 55-14 loss, and a 53-20 loss. With the bulk of each losing team's points coming with the #2's on the field, that's kind of odd to try and draw a conclusion off of. Both teams were trounced in historic fashion per their franchises history.

Well yes that is most likely true. By the way hope your trip up to GB was a good one with the tailgating and such. I know how those bad games can go though but was hoping your time up in GB other than the game was acceptable. I sat in the Seattle stadium for 3 1/2 hours that first game of the year but other than that time my trip west was amazing.

Did you have decent seats in GB I got lucky and found a season ticket holder who had a son who couldnt go to the game and was selling it at face price and was on the 45 yard line behind the Bears bench